My experience is that after each monthly update Battery consumption is increasing and device is getting hotter . I tried to reset app preferences .... Allow permission to the app u want to use .... Surprisingly this works..... Improves Battery life and prevented heating.....
    Last edited by drajit10; 05-18-17 at 09:15 AM.
    PaynePIE likes this.
    05-18-17 09:02 AM
    Guys try to rest app preferences after every update and allow permissions only to the apps one by one when you want to use them and device asks for the same . This works fine for me. It not only reduced the battery consumption but also prevented the device heating ....
    FF22 likes this.
    05-18-17 09:12 AM
    Don't feel bad, I have a Samsung 6edge+, updated from Marshmallow to Nougat. The Battery is definitely better after updating to Nougat 7.1.......several months ago. But, even if you are using your device under normal usage- while other apps are updating in the background, I would not expect a major boost in the battery. I use an iPhone 6 for work(mandatory) with no specialty apps - just email, and occasional calls, pics/text.......battery last several days. But (disclaimer), the phone could be in standby mode all day and/or several days. Newer processors, and even with bigger batteries, we're still dealing with poor battery life. Probably performance enhancers allowing the phone to do more and perform better isn't going to help battery life either. Still wating for a decent Flip-phone and I'm done. Anyway, good luck.
    newcollector likes this.
    05-18-17 12:02 PM
    BlackLatino, you could always pick up one of these flip devices, the Style.
    FF22 and xandros9 like this.
    05-18-17 12:26 PM
    When Nougat arrives, the performance of our Priv will be even better.
    chuckiev79 likes this.
    05-18-17 06:09 PM
    When Nougat arrives, the performance of our Priv will be even better.
    Hopefully the Priv gets updated to 7.1 instead of 7.0. I heard Nougat 7.0 was a battery hog in its own right.
    05-18-17 08:58 PM
    Priv battery life it terrible. I question statements about 5 hours SOT seen in these forums. I'm lucky to get 3 hours.

Took my Priv off the charger at 7 am. It's now 1 pm and I'm down to 23%.

If the Priv doesn't get Nougat to help with this, it will be unusable.

I laugh at all the suggestions to disable the Google account or do other optimizations. None of this matters.

The Priv is a hog. The 808 processor consumes way to much juice. The BlackBerry apps are the primary culprit, especially the BlackBerry Keyboard.

The Priv is not and will never be an "all day" device.

Dropped another 3% just writing this post.
    chain13 and Mikey_NNG like this.
    05-20-17 11:52 AM
    Part of the issue may be due to how you have certain apps set up. I am constantly on my phone for research plus posting on numerous forums. I start at 7am. By 3pm I need to charge up. I will be down to 30%. So you do the screen on time math.
    xandros9 likes this.
    05-20-17 12:18 PM
    Priv battery life it terrible. I question statements about 5 hours SOT seen in these forums. I'm lucky to get 3 hours.

I laugh at all the suggestions to disable the Google account or do other optimizations. None of this matters.

The Priv is a hog. The 808 processor consumes way to much juice. The BlackBerry apps are the primary culprit, especially the BlackBerry Keyboard.

Well I probably don't use mine the same way you do but for me on most days it's an all day device. It's not as good as my z30 was but I can still get 10 -12 hrs out of it
    05-20-17 02:46 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...943fcc24ab.jpg
    With Priv screen and 9900 toolbelt and PKB. Yes please.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-17 03:19 PM

There's something wrong with your phone then, because I've had all day on a charge on mine since Marshmallow came out.
    05-20-17 08:57 PM
    I get through a full day with a single charge but I have sync turned off, killed every apps ability to pull data as a background app( with the exception of I heart radio the playstore and firetube), have gps, wifi, Bluetooth, and nfc turned off. And also i use a screen dimmer to control screen brightness. If I run it real hard I can burn through a charge in like 4 or five hours but nothing less than that. If your running less than 4 hrs sot something is wrong.
    05-20-17 11:41 PM
    There's something wrong with your phone then, because I've had all day on a charge on mine since Marshmallow came out.
    There is nothing wrong with my phone. Run your phone hard for a few hours and tell me how long it lasts.
    05-21-17 02:58 AM
    Had mine since Black Friday sales Nov 16, build/box date Aug 16. Typical SoT is around 5 hours although I've seen it go past 6 (just) before powering off.
    With my usage pattern, that's sufficient to get me through a normal day with room to spare.
    I do find that once it gets below 10% it falls off a cliff, but I've seen that happen with plenty of devices.
    05-21-17 04:35 AM
    I was at 41% at 1630. took it off the charger at 0730. I'm OK with that. that's 9 hrs so I had another 3_4 in it. probably 2 hours of SOT or a little more. that's acceptable to me
    05-21-17 06:02 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...943fcc24ab.jpg
    Never mind! I am picking one up!
    05-21-17 06:05 PM
    After the may security update i got a huge battery drain. Over night it dropped from 100 to 31%.
    So i did a factory reset.
    After setting it up as a new device, i left it last night. And over night it went from 100% to.... 100% ...
    Never seen that before.
    The priv works in mysterious ways..
    Attachment 423693
    Battery life BlackBerry Priv-12485.jpg
    05-22-17 07:14 AM
    Sadly I think were stuck waiting for the next update from BB. My battery life used to be good, then the last update its gone way down, I have to charge mid day now.
    They took macro mode off the camera, Google maps has become so slow its not usable and I have to reboot every other day just to keep the phone working.
    05-22-17 09:17 AM
    Battery life BlackBerry Priv-oh-ya-.jpgI'm reasonable at Photoshop, but I'm not THAT good ! I was getting 2 1/2 days with my Priv when it developed a magenta vertical line in Portrait. ... Had been using Norton 's VPN called Norton WiFi When I did get my third Priv, I blamed everything on its bad battery for poor usage. Then I blamed Android. Then I blamed all my %ZZ*&& Androd apps. Then I blamed Norton. FYI: I AM 76, so my lifestyle is very, ahem, conservative. Anyhow: what have I done ? I have switched off WiFi and BT and use them only when the situation calls for them. BTW, if you use the Norton VPN app and switch it off , make darn sure Norton is off...including a possible uninstall.

What is going on: everyone at Verizon, BB, Android, Symantec, etc. are trying their level best to protect us from evil.
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 05-22-17 at 03:19 PM. Reason: spelling
    05-22-17 03:15 PM
    Not sure why my BlackBerry Keyboard drains so much battery...

It only start happening the last 2 weeks I think...
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life BlackBerry Priv-44955.jpg  
    05-22-17 07:27 PM
    Not sure why my BlackBerry Keyboard drains so much battery...

It only start happening the last 2 weeks I think...
    That's not normal. Uninstall updates, clear cache, and reinstall.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-22-17 07:59 PM
    That's not normal. Uninstall updates, clear cache, and reinstall.
    So far it's working... Thank you very much :-)
    FF22 and chuckiev79 like this.
    05-23-17 08:31 AM
    Still the same... :-(
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life BlackBerry Priv-49067.jpg  
    05-24-17 12:20 AM
    Try disabling the BlackBerry keyboard and using another and see if that vkb shows up in the same fashion.
    05-24-17 12:40 AM
    Try disable stock blackberry apps, launcher, hub, etc. Could be much help
    05-24-17 12:54 AM
65 123