Hi everyone I have a priv blackberry and the battery life is really poor, despite the greatness of it. You know how to overcome this problem, along with the various optimizations. I searched on the internet and not only did I have this problem. It seems like a defect to all the Priv, it takes me a little less than half-bias with a little use.
    Do you know if they are going to get an update that solves this serious problem?
    05-12-17 04:02 AM
    Okay, if you still have lollipop 5.0 system, when you get the update for 6.0, the performance of your battery will be much better. If you have 6.0 already, so it seems that you will have to disconnect Google account.
    05-12-17 04:21 AM
    I am able to get a full day on a fully charged battery. What are you doing with your BlackBerry Priv.
    05-12-17 04:54 AM
    Hi everyone I have a priv blackberry and the battery life is really poor, despite the greatness of it. You know how to overcome this problem, along with the various optimizations. I searched on the internet and not only did I have this problem. It seems like a defect to all the Priv, it takes me a little less than half-bias with a little use.
    Do you know if they are going to get an update that solves this serious problem?
    OS version please???

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    05-12-17 05:37 AM
    I am able to get a full day on a fully charged battery. What are you doing with your BlackBerry Priv.
    Just some whatsapp Facebook and mail
    05-12-17 05:39 AM
    OS version please???

Posted by Passport SE killed by Whatsppp
    Android 6.0.1
    05-12-17 05:39 AM
    Okay, if you still have lollipop 5.0 system, when you get the update for 6.0, the performance of your battery will be much better. If you have 6.0 already, so it seems that you will have to disconnect Google account.
    I have This problema with 6.0.1.
    Why sound i disconnect my Google account
    05-12-17 05:43 AM
    I have This problema with 6.0.1.
    Why sound i disconnect my Google account
    6.0 shouldn't behave like this! Do you prefer clean install by using autoloader ?
    05-12-17 06:59 AM
    If you are texting and emailing for an hour what amount of battery drain is acceptable?
    05-12-17 07:42 AM
    Just some whatsapp Facebook and mail
    WhatsApp and FaceBook are known as two of the worst battery killers, across all brands and models. Specially if you have notifications and whatever that 'who's near me' junk turned on.
    There is an app that does FB well that a lot of people here use, can't remember the name of it, very easy on battery, data usage and storage. Somebody soon will pop in with the name.
    I use an app called Friendly for FB, it also works well, not sure which is better.

WhatsApp is spyware, and will soon have advertising in the form of messages from "companies and businesses that you want to hear from", ie: robotexts. If FaceBook just doesn't close it down. Just get rid of it now, it's not like we need free texting anymore.
    05-12-17 08:19 AM
    WhatsApp and FaceBook are known as two of the worst battery killers, across all brands and models. Specially if you have notifications and whatever that 'who's near me' junk turned on.
    There is an app that does FB well that a lot of people here use, can't remember the name of it, very easy on battery, data usage and storage. Somebody soon will pop in with the name.
    I use an app called Friendly for FB, it also works well, not sure which is better.

WhatsApp is spyware, and will soon have advertising in the form of messages from "companies and businesses that you want to hear from", ie: robotexts. If FaceBook just doesn't close it down. Just get rid of it now, it's not like we need free texting anymore.
    Before the Priv I had the OnePlus One and so the battery did not last long (although it had a 3100mAh battery, smaller than the priv, and a 5.5 "screen), although I did not use it and forced the termination Apps like Facebook and Whatsapp, the battery automatically drops in a really impressive way. The percentage drops even if I listen to music on the phone and not streaming. I've heard that many have this battery problem with Priv.
    05-12-17 09:08 AM
    6.0 shouldn't behave like this! Do you prefer clean install by using autoloader ?
    Why did you remove your google account? What does the battery mean?
    05-12-17 09:09 AM
    What is the autoloader?
    05-12-17 09:10 AM
    What is the autoloader?
    https://ca.blackberry.com/support/sm...roid-OS-Reload
    05-12-17 09:39 AM
    Open Main Settings, then BATTERY. What does this show is running and using Percentage of battery?
    05-12-17 12:02 PM
    I have been having the same issues, my battery doesn't last as much as it used to. When I first got it it rocked for 24 hours now after charging it too 100% I'm lucky if I get 6. I'm no email machine, but mainly on WhatsApp, insta, and FB. I just unplugged it after a charge of 15 hours and it says 7 hours. I've used it for two minutes and it recalculated to 11 hours. But as the day goes on it will do weird stuff like:

- Hub lags, responsiveness is slow.
    - keyboard types weird ****, like if I wanna type this up, it'll come up with **** like "dddewojbsbsgsjd ". Usually that happens when it's plugged into.
    - almost forgot the white screen when trying to go to other open windows
    - or app ghosting after I've closed it, but it's still showing as an open screen but with a white fade out.

So surely if I've charge to 100 it should calculate to 24 hours or so if I haven't used it at all.

I've seen some posts saying to disable the Google account or the hub too, but then what's the point? This phone is built around on Android.

I'm seriously thinking of moving on from BlackBerry and I'm kind of sceptical about other Androids because the operating system isn't upgraded regularly like Apple or blackberry.

Like I may just go back to a 3310 😹
    Attached Thumbnails Battery life BlackBerry Priv-77549.jpg  
    05-14-17 12:09 AM
    I have been having the same issues, my battery doesn't last as much as it used to. When I first got it it rocked for 24 hours now after charging it too 100% I'm lucky if I get 6. I'm no email machine, but mainly on WhatsApp, insta, and FB. I just unplugged it after a charge of 15 hours and it says 7 hours. I've used it for two minutes and it recalculated to 11 hours. But as the day goes on it will do weird stuff like:

- keyboard types weird ****, like if I wanna type this up, it'll come up with **** like "dddewojbsbsgsjd ". Usually that happens when it's plugged into.
    - or app ghosting after I've closed it, but it's still showing as an open screen but with a white fade out.

So surely if I've charge to 100 it should calculate to 24 hours or so if I haven't used it at all.

I've seen some posts saying to disable the Google account or the hub too, but then what's the point? This phone is built around on Android.

I'm seriously thinking of moving on from BlackBerry and I'm kind of sceptical about other Androids because the operating system isn't upgraded regularly like Apple or blackberry.

Attached Thumbnails Battery life BlackBerry Priv-77549.jpg  
    05-14-17 12:15 AM

Like I may just go back to a 3310 ������
    There are some folks that report Whatsapp and FB do consume a lot of battery power. I don't use either so can't comment.

After an hour or so of use, Main Settings, battery (as you've shown) and then see what's report on battery use. But you are right, off the bat, only 7 hours, seems odd/low.

I don't know if you can recalibrate the battery/guage.

HOw long have you had the unit? Warranty?
    05-14-17 11:46 AM

There are some folks that report Whatsapp and FB do consume a lot of battery power. I don't use either so can't comment.

After an hour or so of use, Main Settings, battery (as you've shown) and then see what's report on battery use. But you are right, off the bat, only 7 hours, seems odd/low.

I don't know if you can recalibrate the battery/guage.

HOw long have you had the unit? Warranty?
    05-14-17 11:46 AM
    Oh hey, thanks for the reply, I just read my post and must apologise for my grammatical errors! I had just woken up from a 15 hour nap, after a gruelling work trip to NYC!

I know that most location accessing apps are battery intensive so I do limit it's usage.

I have found in the past that the Battery app, is weird in the sense that it's usage based.

If you're on the device, doing labour intensive stuff for 15 minutes, I found it will calculate the usage left at the rate that you are using it. So it varied and I find it being quite unreliable.

The core here is, I was in NYC and left the hotel with 90%. I used Google maps offline, the camera, Facebook, insta to post a few pics and WhatsApp. I got 4 hours and then the Priv was dead.

I also found the battery gets really hot when certain apps are in use.

My colleagues iPhone 6+ rocked the whole day!
    I'm really only with BlackBerry because of my data package, which is unlimited Global Roaming. It's not available anymore and I can't use it for any other devices. I tried with my iPhone 5+. So that's a bummer.

My Colleague had two swims that she kept swapping out, one for messaging and one for calling, which I found annoying to watch.

I really love my Priv. But this is getting annoying and I'm not so keen on the other Blackberries out there right now. So maybe I'll hold out till December, but I did have the Samsung S8 in hand today and I was impressed.

For now, I'll try tweaking apps and what-not but I doubt it'll work.
    05-14-17 12:22 PM
    Have had the Priv since DEC 2015, no warranty available I'm afraid, besides they've discontinued sales, I do t thing I've seen a Priv on sale recently. Only the 50/60.
    05-14-17 12:28 PM
    Ps, I have a theory that, most android apps have been updated to run on Nougat, so maybe when Priv gets the N upgrade it'll sort itself out?

Can anybody dispel that?
    05-14-17 01:04 PM

Any solid info on this?
    05-14-17 04:00 PM
    Post a picture of the battery usage screen at the end of the day when your charge is nearly over. This is the first step to finding why it's draining
    If you want to try an immediate fix, first step is to try a simple reboot.
    05-14-17 04:06 PM
    Any solid info on this?
    Just do a search, I don't feel like repeating mine and copying / pasting it all.
    05-14-17 06:45 PM
65 123