Hi All, I am, as I am sure you all are, a Blackberry die hard. I got my new Priv a week ago, and noticed that without keeping it in the leather case that I also got, the battery loses charge quickly. However, if you keep it in the leather flip case, it lasts a very long time. I am wondering if everyone knows this anymore...that the cases have battery saving abilities. Julie
    08-27-16 11:28 AM
    That doesn't make much sense I also have the original flip leather case and my battery use is the same since I started using it. Maybe you have it leave the screen on for long when it isn't in the case. You can check your battery use in Settings or by using an app like GSam battery monitor. Maybe there's an app that's wasting your battery.
    08-27-16 11:54 AM
    Well, some leather flip cases (don't know about BB's own leather pouch) do have magnets that trigger standby/sleep when closed. If your screen is set to stay on for half and hour before dimming that this happens a lot during the day, and depending on screen brightness, it could definitely use more power. Whereas, if the case does enable standby, it would save half hour of screen time each time you close it.

But as suggested you can look at the Battery info in Main Settings as well as with 3rd party apps.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    08-27-16 12:24 PM
    Well, some leather flip cases (don't know about BB's own leather pouch) do have magnets that trigger standby/sleep when closed. If your screen is set to stay on for half and hour before dimming that this happens a lot during the day, and depending on screen brightness, it could definitely use more power. Whereas, if the case does enable standby, it would save half hour of screen time each time you close it.

But as suggested you can look at the Battery info in Main Settings as well as with 3rd party apps.
    Yes, BB's case triggers sleep mode after 10 seconds or so. That's probably the reason for different battery life that JulieLefkowitz5 is experiencing.
    08-27-16 12:30 PM
    Ive never had a problem with battery, (although I will add that I'm not a 'power user'), but Ive always had the device in the official flip case as it came with the deal. Maybe its because you can check and see any notifications through the little window and only turn the screen fully on when something important comes through that you inadvertently save battery? I will say that the battery usage definitely improved after the upgrade to MM though.
    08-27-16 12:38 PM
    Hi, are you on MM?

I get 4.5 hours sot easily per day . If I thrash at it non stop my priv will easily give me 5.5 hour's Sot before it collapses .

Got the 004 variant. Hopefully you come right.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-27-16 02:04 PM