How is this really my battery life? 5.5 hours? And at this brightness? It's an att priv maybe a week old. I have tried every solution on here to resolve the heat and i feel like I'm beating a dead horse. I used my one available exchange to switch to this phone and now I'm stuck with it and severely dissapointed in blackberry for creating hardware with these specs and so many handicaps. Is this the battery life that other people are getting too? Has anyone found the magic solution with the heat? I installed a vent mount in my car in front of the ac vent to keep it cool when navigating. Battery saver turns off automatically when charging and it gets hot then too. What to do what to do

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails battery/heat, are you serious?-3992.jpg  
    04-03-16 08:59 AM
    My current battery life is about 14 to 15 hours of very heavy use. What kind of apps are you running ? Something is driving the drain because that is not the norm. The only time I get heat from the device is on an OS update
    04-03-16 09:45 AM
    Buy another phone, for now, Blackdroid is a bad phone( more in software ), i think just in a second or more devices they made a good and mature phone. Till then......
    04-03-16 09:45 AM
    I am running Facebook, crackberry, chrome, texting in this instance. I disabled blackberry camera and got one that's better on CPU usage. I heard some people complaining about the BlackBerry camera. I clear my apps constantly and downloaded cool down or whatever it's called that reads the temp and let's you know what's running. Idk.

04-03-16 09:53 AM
    These are the kinds of temps I'm getting with normal usage. Sometimes up to 109. My fingers tingle from the heat after i put it down.

Attached Thumbnails battery/heat, are you serious?-3995.jpg  
    04-03-16 09:54 AM
    You might want to try reloading the phone and see if that helps along with setting up its various options again.

Have you examined what might be running? I THINK I've read that Facebook can use a lot of battery power but I don't facebook so don't know details.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/
    04-03-16 10:03 AM
    My battery life is okay but the heat build-up after each update under normal use is pathetic .
    04-04-16 03:45 PM
    I have used this app and it makes my Priv last all day and till about 10 pm starting at 6am off the charger.

its called: all-in-one toolbox it kills all apps running until you open them check it out. I could not go for half a day and my battery was going low
    04-04-16 04:56 PM
    My Priv gets warm as well. It's usually when I play a game or are charging it. Aside from that, I have the screen brightness at 100% (I like it that way) and typically get a full days worth of standard usage out of it. I'd say there is something drawing on the GPU consistently. Do you use an animated background?
    04-04-16 04:59 PM
    I think the battery itself is directly related to apps you used unless you have got a faulty hardware.

But you're right the phone heat is what kills the experience on the whole. I haven't tried a case (other than the BlackBerry pouch). I'm sure it'll make it more comfortable to hold during use, however it won't stop the phone slowing down when hot.

The least BlackBerry can do is throttle the CPU.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    04-04-16 06:39 PM
    I deleted the Facebook app and have seen the heat go down significantly

04-04-16 10:53 PM
    Get rid of the Facebook app. It checks your GPS location over 3500 times a week. I use the Web browser and created a link. Turn off location until you need it. Your battery experience will increase.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    04-05-16 04:10 AM
    I have the phone since December and never had any heat issues, at least no more than any other phone I have used in past. I have all kind of apps on my phone like Facebook , Snapchat etc and I have just disabled vibration and sound notifications, my screen brightness is at about 40% and I have disabled auto brightness. My battery life is around 24 hours on WiFi and 12 to 14 on GSM.
    I have a friend who had similar issues with you and what it has resolved them finally was a wipe of the phone and a fresh install of the data and the apps.
    If you decide this way don't transfer the content of your mail accounts but just install them manually and let synchronize your mails.
    04-05-16 09:53 PM
    I did a full wipe per the BlackBerry support team and didn't use any backup other than my contacts file from the Google Drive app and I'm still experiencing major heat issues , I was wrong about the Facebook app , the phone still gets hot with very very minimal use

04-06-16 12:56 AM
    I deleted the Facebook app and have seen the heat go down significantly

^ This ^

Also, I stopped closing certain apps. Read somewhere that by closing and reopening apps, it actually depletes the battery charge quicker. It was an article referring to Android and iOS. At the moment I have about a dozen apps open and my battery life has gotten better! I don't stream much, but I do play lots of music and watch videos off my SD card. I disabled a tonne of Google Apps, too.

Posted with my Blackberry PRIV
    04-06-16 01:08 AM
    Same issues here, phone is extremely hot and battery dies quite quickly. Iv given up and just waiting for the marshmallow update that's been promised.
    04-06-16 02:15 PM
    I am running Facebook, crackberry, chrome, texting in this instance. I disabled blackberry camera and got one that's better on CPU usage. I heard some people complaining about the BlackBerry camera. I clear my apps constantly and downloaded cool down or whatever it's called that reads the temp and let's you know what's running. Idk.

Kill Facebook, it's been known to cause issues.
    04-06-16 02:25 PM
    I followed BlackBerry's recommendations for saving on battery; been getting 20+ hours consistently per charge. Also, no heat issue for me ever. My Z10 got hotter than my PRIV.

Posted via CB PRIV.
    04-06-16 02:36 PM
    I have 2 Priv devices and there are no issues with either of them. I'm actually super excited to have the honor of owning 2 of these and I use the Priv for numerous things all the time. I love this phone a lot! It's great!

04-06-16 02:39 PM
    I have used this app and it makes my Priv last all day and till about 10 pm starting at 6am off the charger.

its called: all-in-one toolbox it kills all apps running until you open them check it out. I could not go for half a day and my battery was going low
    hey thanks for the tip, i was browsing here today because my priv had become super slow, almost 2007 style, installed the toolbox box and eliminated 10GB of memory and it jumped back to life instantly... still much laggier then when it was new but i'm no longer wanting to throw it at the wall. hopefully it gets cooler as well as the auto features do their stuff, i have the hard case and even that is sometimes hot to touch
    04-06-16 06:34 PM
    hey thanks for the tip, i was browsing here today because my priv had become super slow, almost 2007 style, installed the toolbox box and eliminated 10GB of memory and it jumped back to life instantly... still much laggier then when it was new but i'm no longer wanting to throw it at the wall. hopefully it gets cooler as well as the auto features do their stuff, i have the hard case and even that is sometimes hot to touch
    It will cool down and let that app do its thing and my Priv runs cool now and is a great app.

Glad I could help
    04-06-16 06:36 PM
    RE: Face Book
    Go into FB settings and turn off everything, there's a lot to turn off.
    Then go into Priv Settings - Sound and Notifications - App Notifications - FaceBook and select block
    Then go into hub settings and set FB to not display on account tab.

Face Book is still on your phone, you can open and use it if you want. You can still post pictures from camera or photos, with out opening it. But will use no battery unless you chose to open it.
    04-10-16 11:32 AM
    Dude, contact BlackBerry tech support and exchange the phone again. They gave you another lemon.

Posted via Commodore 64
    04-10-16 01:00 PM