Hello guys and girls,

Advice needed. Unplugged from charger at 8am. It's not 8:45 am (ukvtime) and were on 84%. The only apps that are knowingly running are CrackBerry and the battery thing. I received one phone call.

It seems like this most of the time sadly

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails battery advice please-580212.jpg  
    02-06-16 02:47 AM
    And now on 60%, 1 hour 20 mins since taking him off charge.

02-06-16 03:20 AM
    Please help

Attached Thumbnails battery advice please-580213.jpg  
    02-06-16 03:21 AM
    If you have Facebook or Facebook Messenger uninstall those. They are battery killers.

Also remove any app made by cheetahmobile.

Disable syncing in Gmail and change it to push.
    02-06-16 03:30 AM
    My issues were slightly different as I had BB services as the biggest drainer showing in the battery app, the following though worked for me.....

Turn off Gmail sync if you have not already

Disable double tap to wake. I found this to be a battery hog and also makes my phone warm.

Switch the radio mode to 3g/4g only (there is a thread on this somewhere...)

Turn off the wifi assist for location services

Turn off adaptive brightness

Set background data to queue and set some apps (starting with facebook) to disable background data.

Lastly if it is brand new phone, give it a few days as it does settle down too....
    02-06-16 03:45 AM
    I was having the same issue, battery was draining like crazy. What did the trick for me was switching to 4G&3G only.

Last edited by karloil; 02-06-16 at 01:03 PM.
    02-06-16 05:08 AM
    Removing Twitter will also help a lot. It accesses your location very often.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    02-06-16 02:17 PM
    Thanks so far. Twitter and Facebook now gone, and I've carried out the other steps recommended. Will update tomorrow.

02-07-16 06:00 AM
    Thank you . I have just now uninstalled the FB and FB messenger. I hope it will improve my battery life as my usage is high.
    02-07-16 06:13 AM
    Just charged him to 100% (whilst being in the movie theater with priv on silent and un used) and this is the prediction currently:

Using him intensively for the next hour so will update at bedtime.

Attached Thumbnails battery advice please-580542.jpg  
    02-07-16 03:22 PM
    And now back to boiling hot

Attached Thumbnails battery advice please-580560.jpg  
    02-07-16 11:25 PM
    James.. how long have you had the device and has it been in this state from the beginning or, did it start to happen after a period of time? If not from the beginning, it's likely due to a rouge app other than the ones mentioned that is causing the problem.. as well, try a 32 second power key press to force a hard reset of the device. It simulates a battery pull and may help..
    02-08-16 10:19 AM
    When will be the next major OS update/maintenance to drop? Hopefully they will improve the battery performance further.

Posted via the CrackBerry App with My beloved BlackBerry Priv
    mousse04 likes this.
    02-08-16 10:48 AM
    Another thing to check is if you have the Google GMail app installed - if you do uninstall it and set it up via the Hub, check the sync settings for your emails (go to the BB Hub, scroll down to settings, click on the individual email account, scroll down to Sync interval and make sure that the interval is set to "Never" and "Use push if supported" is enabled).

This has made a massive difference to my phone. I still have FB and Twitter running along with Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and location on too It comes off charge around 6 am and lasts all day, normally has at least 20%-30% left when it is plugged back in at around 11pm in the evening.

One final suggestion, have you restarted the device recently?

HTH
    Last edited by Elcuolo; 02-09-16 at 04:07 AM.
    02-09-16 03:51 AM
    Since the new update, my battery life is terrible. One hour of use today, after disabling sync on Google, I'm down to 59% as I'm typing this. I've gotten accustomed to plugging my phone, during the day, since the Z10, (with the exception of my Z30) but this last AT&T update really chews up my battery life. Overall, I'm happy with my Priv, coming from the Passport, which had battery issues also, even with the back cover creak that had started recently.
    Sorry, Had to vent while looking for fixes.
    (56% at the end of this post)

02-09-16 08:43 AM
    I am also using blackberry but my battery will not discharge soon. Yes I have very less apps installed and also started the battery saving mode.
    02-09-16 09:10 AM
    James.. how long have you had the device and has it been in this state from the beginning or, did it start to happen after a period of time? If not from the beginning, it's likely due to a rouge app other than the ones mentioned that is causing the problem.. as well, try a 32 second power key press to force a hard reset of the device. It simulates a battery pull and may help..
    Thanks. Since Nov. Today has actually been a good day for battery. Maybe the deleting of apps helped?

I will post tomorrow with a further update.

The 32 second thing is good to know. Thanks.

02-09-16 05:08 PM
    James did you use content transfer when you first setup the device?

02-10-16 03:45 AM
    Some very useful blog posts can be found at Inside BlackBerry Help Blog.. There is one specifically related to "How to reset Priv" and is found here.. How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog
    02-10-16 08:24 AM
    James did you use content transfer when you first setup the device?

Yes I did.

It appears that the micro USB port on my priv is defective, so it will need to go for repair anyway.

After 90 mins today:

Attached Thumbnails battery advice please-609815.jpg  
    02-12-16 11:25 PM
    Yes I did.

It appears that the micro USB port on my priv is defective, so it will need to go for repair anyway.

After 90 mins today:

I'd take a chance and back up your contacts to a suitable location and then do a factory reset on the device. You should see a huge improvement in battery life. I used the same app to transfer my content back in November. Fought constantly with the battery until I reset the phone. When from 4hrs SOT to pushing 7. HTH, YMMV.

02-13-16 06:06 AM
    Quick questions guys\gals....when setting up an email account. I have two options, I don't understand the difference. One option is a Gmail app icon (IMAP) and the other is a "G" google option. Both my emails work fine, one goes to hub (personal) and the other goes to Gmail App (work + alias) I have personal email sync disabled in Gmail App. The work email is where All my contacts and calendar sync happens.

Ideas with regards to battery life? In terms of email working, mine is working fine.

Do I need sync to happen if I need to check folders once and a while for past emails?

Thanks in advance....

Posted via Priv by BlackBerry
    02-13-16 07:01 AM
    Unload/ remove/ delete any battery saver apps android or BlackBerry. My Z10 and BlackBerry Curve had similar issue,and I removed my battery saver app and cleared up issue.

Michael in Atl

Posted via CB10
    02-13-16 08:46 AM
    I'd take a chance and back up your contacts to a suitable location and then do a factory reset on the device. You should see a huge improvement in battery life. I used the same app to transfer my content back in November. Fought constantly with the battery until I reset the phone. When from 4hrs SOT to pushing 7. HTH, YMMV.

So if your screen on time is 7 hours, what's your typical total time per charge then? Although my SOT rarely goes beyond 4 hours, I usually get at least 30 hours on a charge. Is this reasonable?

02-13-16 10:11 AM
    So if your screen on time is 7 hours, what's your typical total time per charge then? Although my SOT rarely goes beyond 4 hours, I usually get at least 30 hours on a charge. Is this reasonable?

I have about same results with yours.
    02-13-16 01:26 PM
34 12