I can't be doing with this! Five hours to charge the battery and it's only now at 87%!
    01-20-16 03:05 AM
    you using a proper charger?

I have a charger at home that is sloooooooooooow to charge the Priv, and its output is 2.1ma
    I have a fast charger on my desk and in my car that both will charge the priv very quickly to 60% then at normal expected speed for the rest of the way. (so maybe a little over 2 hours from 0%)

Not all chargers are equal
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-20-16 03:10 AM
    Get a QC2.0 charger on amazon or at least use the stock charger. You can't use those crappy 1amp chargers with phones that have batteries over 3000mah.
    01-20-16 03:19 AM
    Yes when I first got it BOOM! it went fast and now using original everything it just takes to long :')
    01-20-16 04:07 AM
    Yes when I first got it BOOM! it went fast and now using original everything it just takes to long :')
    Get a QualComm certified QuickCharge. You'll be happy.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-20-16 06:07 AM
    if you just got your device, i had the same issue.... as alot of people did. someone posted this on one of my thread posts, and now it lasts a day or more

Ok. You might not like this fix depending on how long you've had your phone for. I had the same issues as you did - emails weren't being pushed, phone was running hot, Hub wasn't displaying SMS texts promptly or at all. I had enough and I was close to giving up on this phone and blaming it on being a lacklustre, buggy BB attempt at Android. I wanted to avoid wiping as much as possible. But I finally decided to wipe it and reinstall everything fresh. These are the exact steps so try not to skip any:

1) Security wipe phone
    2) Update all apps on the phone before adding your accounts
    3) Uninstall/Disable Gmail app
    4) Manually add all of your email accounts inside the Hub with the default settings except:
    Gmail
    Sync Interval - Never
    Use push if supported - On

Everything else (I have a hotmail and an ISP account)
    Sync Interval - Automatic (Push)

5) If you're coming from a BB10 phone and you're using the Content Transfer app, cloud backup everything except email accounts and text messages (that'll suck if you value your texts).
    6) Download Content Transfer data to your Priv
    7) Install all of your favorite apps and you should be good to go

Ever since I did the wipe, my phone never runs hot - a little warm yes, hot no. Battery life is pretty awesome now too. And all messages and notifications going into the Hub are close to instantaneous. I'm pretty ecstatic about my phone now and I hope this'll help you. I'd like to know what caused the emails from not being pushed to my phone - my guess is something in email accounts copied over from my Z10 that didn't play nice with the Priv. Good luck!
    01-20-16 08:01 AM
    Ok thanks I also think it was cos i was using a usb extension from charge plug to charging wire.
    01-21-16 06:17 AM