I got a replacement Priv after breaking the screen on my first one, and I am wondering if there is a way to backup everything from the first and restore to the new one?

I like how with BlackBerry I have been able to essentially clone my original z10 set up to the q10, then z30, then passport (obviously some limitations because of screen sizes). I get that I can't do it from bb10 to android the same way as between bb10 phones, but is there a way to copy the entire set up of my device when going from Priv to another Priv?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-04-16 09:55 AM
    use a backup app, ive used titanium before but it requires root but there are others that dont
    02-04-16 01:08 PM
    I got a replacement Priv after breaking the screen on my first one, and I am wondering if there is a way to backup everything from the first and restore to the new one?

I like how with BlackBerry I have been able to essentially clone my original z10 set up to the q10, then z30, then passport (obviously some limitations because of screen sizes). I get that I can't do it from bb10 to android the same way as between bb10 phones, but is there a way to copy the entire set up of my device when going from Priv to another Priv?

Did you have google back up turned on? If so, it should restore everything when you sign in with your same google account. Also, I believe the BlackBerry content transfer app that many used to go from BB10 to the Priv would work Priv to Priv.

02-04-16 01:21 PM
    Mybackup works pretty good as well. I used it to transfer from my Z30 to my priv. (Got the pro version free from amazon a while back)

02-04-16 01:31 PM
    These apps don't restore my home page and apps set up, it brings back the apps, but doesn't set them up on the correct pages, also my BlackBerry notes are not restored and my chrome shortcuts on home screen didn't come back.

Restore through BlackBerry Link literally cloned the phone from one device to next, it was very convenient and caused minimal disruption when changing devices.

Guess I will make do with what we got.

02-04-16 03:34 PM
    These apps don't restore my home page and apps set up, it brings back the apps, but doesn't set them up on the correct pages, also my BlackBerry notes are not restored and my chrome shortcuts on home screen didn't come back.

Restore through BlackBerry Link literally cloned the phone from one device to next, it was very convenient and caused minimal disruption when changing devices.

if done correctly all it does is backup you apps and data it will not completely set up your device as you have it now its just for apps and their data. it wont clone what your current set up looks like but it will save your apps as you currently have them on your device
    02-04-16 05:39 PM

also keep in mind that there are just too many android phones for one program to work as one for so many
    02-04-16 05:41 PM
    Just fire up the replacement Priv... when it says restore just tap the backs of both Privs to each other and it will initiate the transfer!

02-04-16 06:24 PM
    Just fire up the replacement Priv... when it says restore just tap the backs of both Privs to each other and it will initiate the transfer!

This brings back some stuff but not everything.

This is just one of those areas where bb10 excels in my opinion.

02-05-16 07:23 AM
    As Al Moon stated, all of the apps and their data are backed up if you have it set up to do so, but no, your homescreen setup will most likely need to be re-arranged however you had it before with the backed up data.
    There are about 3498743278943294982 Android devices and 3987932892744 of them are from Samsung. Maybe someday a full-enough feature like this will exist, but don't hold your breath. BlackBerry had Q10, Z10, Z30, Passport, Classic?...5 for BB10, maybe?

The good news is, while it's a terrible pain to re-setup homescreens again...it can also be kind of fun. Switch something up, combine different icon packs, theme the whole thing, whatever! lol
    02-05-16 08:46 AM
    I think backup is one of the things that are improved in Marshmallow. Backup and restore get access to more data than current in Lollipop.
    02-05-16 08:56 AM
    As everyone has stated, Android just has too many devices with different configurations to have a reliable backup to the Google servers like IOS has. I don't know of any backup software that while restore your home screen icons like the Apple restore does. Myself, I have had so many Android devices over the years, I can put my home screen back together very quickly and sometimes it reminds me I might want to change how everything is arranged, keeps it interesting.
    02-05-16 09:20 AM
    What is the best solution to back up on my PC and restore if need be? I don't want to send Google all my ish to sit on their cloud.
    02-05-16 05:28 PM
    Can i also ask this question as I do not wish to back up via Google?
    02-06-16 06:22 AM
    What is the best solution to back up on my PC and restore if need be? I don't want to send Google all my ish to sit on their cloud.
    use an app from the play store its really not that difficult save it on your microsdcard and you dont have to do anything with google
    02-06-16 07:52 AM
    use an app from the play store its really not that difficult save it on your microsdcard and you dont have to do anything with google
    Any highly recommended suggestions from trusted devs?
    02-06-16 03:00 PM