They're AT&T branded but unlocked, and as we now know those get unbranded with the current updates flying around.

There was also a bunch of them that showed up at $299 for a while, but then they disappeared. Also, B&H will honor the warranty for the first year internally, which is a fairly big plus if there's a problem with it.

B&H has had them for $379 for a while but just dropped the price by $50 -- which may mean they're close to running out.

Nice deal until they're gone and for that price it's a very credible option.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...UvbUpU12657979
    FF22 likes this.
    11-07-16 02:34 PM
    Think you will see a number of "deals" over the next three months....take advantage while you can.
    11-07-16 03:09 PM
    Yeah it's a darn good deal for the price....
    11-07-16 07:42 PM
    I wonder what the people who paid the launch price of $700 are feeling when they see prices like this?
    11-07-16 07:49 PM
    Well that is just about a year ago, so it should be expected. I've had my phone since about June and got it for 299 on DailySteals
    app_Developer and tp0d like this.
    11-07-16 07:51 PM
    When I bought mine 4 months ago, it was on "sale" at Verizon for $408.
    I had a $278 credit.
    So I basically paid $130 for my Priv.

And just to add injury to insult, I insisted that VZW offer me a Payment Plan with 0% interest over 24 months.

So I am paying VZW $5.40 per month for my PRIV.

LOL!
    11-07-16 07:55 PM
    A year in tech should be about half whatever it was when first introduced. And it is.

If it's not you're getting robbed.
    11-07-16 08:46 PM
    I wonder what the people who paid the launch price of $700 are feeling when they see prices like this?
    I paid it 800 € three months ago and I don't feel much, honestly. It's worth the price.

Though I most certainly wouldn't mind if electronics in general were priced here as they are in the US...
    FF22 likes this.
    11-08-16 12:45 AM
    When I bought mine 4 months ago, it was on "sale" at Verizon for $408.
    I had a $278 credit.
    So I basically paid $130 for my Priv.

And just to add injury to insult, I insisted that VZW offer me a Payment Plan with 0% interest over 24 months.

So I am paying VZW $5.40 per month for my PRIV.

LOL!
    Nicely done. Warms the heart to see someone taking advantage of Verizon for a change.

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 01:00 AM
    I acquired mine on launch day and ended up with a much better plan. Even with the installment, my bill dropped. It's like I was being paid to adopt the phone. ☺

Posted via CB10
    11-08-16 04:17 AM
    Got mine from Shop BB at launch, fully expected it to be about half price a year later.
    I wonder how the people just now getting them feel about forgoing the pleasure for a year?
    FF22 and zyad like this.
    11-08-16 08:23 AM
    I'm feeling upset and annoyed,

Kinda like a renault car, expensive at launch and dirt cheap after a few years.

Shows how important demand and price is,

If priced poorly you'll need to sell at a better price.
    11-08-16 09:31 AM
    Got mine from Shop BB at launch, fully expected it to be about half price a year later.
    I wonder how the people just now getting them feel about forgoing the pleasure for a year?
    A phone is a phone is a phone.
    No matter how good the Priv is, it still won't beat the productivity and functionality of my laptop.
    My Lenovo has a super fast processor, huge screen, 12 GB of RAM and 1 TB of storage.
    Plus I don't need to wear my reading glasses to browse online, something which I need to use with my Priv.

So yeah, not having the Priv for the first 5 months after its release is no big deal to me.
    11-08-16 12:30 PM
    So yeah, not having the Priv for the first 5 months after its release is no big deal to me
    I was being a bit facetious there, only a bit.
    The vast majority of my stuff is done on a desktop with dual 27" screens. It's nice to know that I can do most of it on the Priv, without reading glasses, (just barely, if readers are handy they are on) if I have to.
    11-09-16 06:55 AM
    That's what I paid, or relatives did rather, and got it for xmas. It whatever now though the tech is kinda old at this point and I really just want the priv to continue to sell so that it's still relevant to, at least BlackBerry.
    11-09-16 10:27 AM
    A phone is a phone is a phone.
    No matter how good the Priv is, it still won't beat the productivity and functionality of my laptop.
    My Lenovo has a super fast processor, huge screen, 12 GB of RAM and 1 TB of storage.
    Plus I don't need to wear my reading glasses to browse online, something which I need to use with my Priv.

So yeah, not having the Priv for the first 5 months after its release is no big deal to me.
    Apples to oranges
    11-09-16 10:59 PM
    Can't believe priv is so cheap now. Just the way mobile tech works. I should have waited instead of getting it near launch.
    11-09-16 11:54 PM
    I joined the Priv party late myself. Just got my new Priv the other month. The launch price was too rich for my blood and to be honest, I had no plans to get one myself. But the price was too irresistible these past few months. I'm so happy with it that I'm looking at buying a backup Priv while it's still available new.

Do I regret waiting? Absolutely not. But I now understand why the early adopters jumped in at launch. For what it's worth, the Priv for me now is the best value for money at its price now.
    11-10-16 06:02 AM
    I purchased my Priv from an ebay seller new for $299. It was AT&T locked but came with an unlock code which I have not used since I am an AT&T customer. Couldn't be happier. It was a big move switching from BB10 for me, but the transition went much more smoothly than I thought. Love the keyboards and the OS is very powerful.

I can see myself holding on to this phone for more than my usual one year. Specs are still good and I see no need to change. But we will see what the future brings.
    FF22 likes this.
    11-10-16 08:43 AM
    I can confirm that these AT&T branded devices are for all intents and purposes identical to the non-branded, factory unlocked ones now.

Just had a friend get one from B&H; it had 5.1 on it. On first boot they put in their Google account creds (which turns out to have been a mistake from a 'restore' standpoint, which I'll explain) and while it went out to get all the apps that had updated it also grabbed a 1.8Gb system update.

It originally booted with all the AT&T carrier bloatware and add-ons. After the update had applied it was running 6.0.1 with none of the bloatware; it was all removed.

Now the problem -- because their last device was ahead of 5.1 the restore did not pull over any of their apps. They had to do it by hand because "first boot" looked to Google like a 5.1 device so it didn't bring all the newer apps down (which is most of them.) So if you get one of these, IGNORE the "put in your Google Account" stuff at first boot, let it get the update and apply it, and then do a factory reset. NOW set up with your Google account and the transfer will work.

This basically means you can have a factory unlocked Priv for $329, provided you get one from somewhere that has had the unlocking code applied to it (or for which the code comes with it.)
    11-11-16 01:48 PM
    But it gets slower updates compared to shopberry model.
    11-11-16 02:40 PM
    But it gets slower updates compared to shopberry model.
    No it doesn't -- not any more.

This used to be true but it isn't any more, which was my point in posting that update on this.
    11-11-16 03:44 PM
    No it doesn't -- not any more.

This used to be true but it isn't any more, which was my point in posting that update on this.
    Are you 100% sure? Carrier model update needs to be approved by carriers first. Even security patch too. Why do you think verizon priv received the marshmallow update few days ago?
    11-11-16 04:38 PM
    Verizon is different. This was absolutely a brand new carrier branded Priv; I saw it being unboxed.

It was set up without a SIM in it and immediately went and grabbed the SAME load that is on my ShopBlackberry unit when it was turned on. I saw it grab the update, it had all the bloatware during initial setup, it downloaded the update, she reset it and when the update finished all the carrier branding was GONE and the software rev matched my ShopBb unit.

There is no longer a disadvantage to buying one of the AT&T branded units as far as I can tell.
    11-11-16 06:28 PM
    Verizon is different. This was absolutely a brand new carrier branded Priv; I saw it being unboxed.

It was set up without a SIM in it and immediately went and grabbed the SAME load that is on my ShopBlackberry unit when it was turned on. I saw it grab the update, it had all the bloatware during initial setup, it downloaded the update, she reset it and when the update finished all the carrier branding was GONE and the software rev matched my ShopBb unit.

There is no longer a disadvantage to buying one of the AT&T branded units as far as I can tell.
    Maybe at&t just recently pushed the updates. I'll be surprised if at&t can push the update same time as blackberry itself. So only at&t versions are factory unlocked? What about verizon and tmobile version?
    11-11-16 07:07 PM
31 12