Received my Priv today and want to set it up ASAP but I'm very confused on what's the best way to do as to avoid all the issues I've been reading about (hot batt, sluggish HUB, content transfer app etc).

Has anyone figured out the best way to set the phone up and transfer data from previous BB phone (Passport)?

Much appreciated.
    11-21-15 09:36 PM
    Perform ALL the updates first then configure the device.
    Go to the Google play shop, search for BlackBerry Limited. Update all those apps.

Go...
    John Doe99 likes this.
    11-21-15 09:40 PM
    Do all updates. Shut your phone off for 3-4 days. Turn your phone on so it synchs a bit. Shut it off for another 3-4 days. By turning it on again the battery would have settled and you will have no problems.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    11-21-15 10:00 PM
    Do all updates. Shut your phone off for 3-4 days. Turn your phone on so it synchs a bit. Shut it off for another 3-4 days. By turning it on again the battery would have settled and you will have no problems.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SE via CB10 (cricket OS 10.3.2.2474) вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv via CB for Android 2.0.3 (TMo OS Lollipop 5.1.1)
    Wow I'm glad I didn't have to do that. Lol. Guess that's good advice for those experiencing issues.
    11-21-15 10:02 PM
    Whatever you do stay away from the content transfer App!

Mine has been on mixed use (push email, gaming, Web browsing, Crackberrying) since 9am this morning with 3hrs of screen time and I've now got 49% remaining! Device is cool as a cucumber!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Graheem likes this.
    11-21-15 11:38 PM
    So how do I transfer all my existing apps and other data off my Passport onto the Priv without the transfer app? Through the SD card?
    11-21-15 11:41 PM
    So how do I transfer all my existing apps and other data off my Passport onto the Priv without the transfer app? Through the SD card?
    What kind of data do you want to transfer? The apps you can search and download from Google Play Store.

Seems the issue with the content transfer app is with texts and email accounts so is better to set your accounts and avoid transferring sms while BlackBerry sorts the issues with the app.

My advice is to update all apps, set you device up, add email accounts and let it sync overnight if possible.

Mine took almost a week to settle in.
    11-21-15 11:59 PM
    Follow the few battery threads. You'll get a pretty good idea of what you should be doing.

I did the following:

1) start the phone,
    2) sign into google play,
    3) let Android update its Apps,
    4) went to hub settings and confirmed that Gmail was set to push and sync was set to 1 hr,
    5) set up my exchange activesync
    6) do a search in the play store for "blackberry",
    7) update all related blackberry Apps,
    8) restart,
    9) go to Settings>accounts>google>your account and disabled Gmail sync and all others I did not want to sync, (except App data, calendar, contacts, chrome)
    10) restart,
    11) added all the Apps from play store I normally use.

Because I use google calendar and all my contacts are through Gmail, and all my work contacts are through exchange acxtivesync, there wasn't any content for me to transfer over using the content transfer App. Make sense?

11-22-15 12:02 AM
    Sounds painful. How long til it just works?
    Graheem likes this.
    11-22-15 12:32 AM
    I think the main things to avoid are:
    1. Using content transfer to move sms
    2. Setting your email sync timeframe to "forever"
    Both involve syncing tons of data, which seems to mess things up

11-22-15 12:32 AM
    Lol buy a new phone and don't use it for a week, you have got to be joking.
    Adam Frix and Graheem like this.
    11-22-15 01:07 AM
    Follow the few battery threads. You'll get a pretty good idea of what you should be doing.

I did the following:

1) start the phone,
    2) sign into google play,
    3) let Android update its Apps,
    4) went to hub settings and confirmed that Gmail was set to push and sync was set to 1 hr,
    5) set up my exchange activesync
    6) do a search in the play store for "blackberry",
    7) update all related blackberry Apps,
    8) restart,
    9) go to Settings>accounts>google>your account and disabled Gmail sync and all others I did not want to sync, (except App data, calendar, contacts, chrome)
    10) restart,
    11) added all the Apps from play store I normally use.

Because I use google calendar and all my contacts are through Gmail, and all my work contacts are through exchange acxtivesync, there wasn't any content for me to transfer over using the content transfer App. Make sense?

That's great, thank you.
    11-22-15 01:16 AM
    Lol buy a new phone and don't use it for a week, you have got to be joking.
    Exactly why would you get a new device and not use it! That didn't make any sense!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-22-15 05:24 AM
    That's great, thank you.
    Let us know how it goes.

11-22-15 09:32 AM
    I used the APP no trouble, used by transferring to SD card and then on cloud. It got hot when updating all the APS but then no trouble I got 16 hours on my set up date.
    My recommendation
    Set up phone with Google Account
    Update all Google APS
    Update all BlackBerry APS need to find on Playstore the first time.
    Add your accounts but don't sync contacts only on main account to avoid duplicate contact (if you do you can merge them anyway)
    Use the transfer APP

BTW it was the smother transfer I have performed on BlackBerry. This phone is amazing

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on BlackBerry Priv from SBB
    11-22-15 09:44 AM
    Received my Priv today and want to set it up ASAP but I'm very confused on what's the best way to do as to avoid all the issues I've been reading about (hot batt, sluggish HUB, content transfer app etc).

Has anyone figured out the best way to set the phone up and transfer data from previous BB phone (Passport)?

Much appreciated.
    I always sync my contacts and meetings through my Google account and then I don't need a transfer app. Never save anything on the device. Km always the Dropbox, Mega and Box and that 159GB altogether. When moving from Android to Android to din need to remember the apps you had in the previous one as they will always be moved to the new one. I took me 19 min to set up my Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-22-15 10:05 AM