This is what I want to see from all handsets going forward. Design one handset, offer it with either OS.

Sadly, they would be not be able to offer dual boot, but it would reduce hardware costs and help grow the brand. It could lead more people to bb10 as well.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    10-01-15 08:58 PM
    It could lead more people to bb10 as well.
    They could get the model that has the apps they enjoy and is a drop-in replacement for their old phone in their personal ecosystem, or they could get the BB10 version.
    10-01-15 09:00 PM
    BlackBerry has already decided that the only way forward is to leave BB10 and switch to Android. If the Priv is successful, there will be more Android phones by BlackBerry.
    10-01-15 09:27 PM
    BlackBerry has already decided that the only way forward is to leave BB10 and switch to Android. If the Priv is successful, there will be more Android phones by BlackBerry.
    How do you know? They have not said this.

Posted via CB10
    BBRYQ10 likes this.
    10-01-15 09:40 PM
    You can't expect BlackBerry to reveal all their plans to the public. They still need to support existing users of BB10 and not jeopardize the sale of their remaking stock of BB10 devices. However, BlackBerry has told its app developers to move to Android.

We also know that sales of BB10 devices continue to approach zero, that the BlackBerry Android runtime which is based on Android version 4.3 is already significantly out of date, and there are no major updates to BB10 planned other than necessary maintenance releases.
    10-01-15 10:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'm just going to quote Prem Whatsapp from the comments section in the front page, under the Priv survey post.

IF success -� more droids
    IF fail - � no more handsets

IF success -� more money
    IF more money -� chance for BB10 development upkeep
    Even if they didn't said so, there's no real viable business case to keep BB10. I honestly want to know what plan do all the BB10 diehards have to revive it, there doesn't seem to be a common sense way out of it.
    10-01-15 10:15 PM
    I'm just going to quote Prem Whatsapp from the comments section in the front page, under the Priv survey post.

Even if they didn't said so, there's no real viable business case to keep BB10. I honestly want to know what plan do all the BB10 diehards have to revive it, there doesn't seem to be a common sense way out of it.
    Well for me ever since I switched from iPhone to z30 I have always been hoping bb10 would take off (kind of feel bad for some the people I converted recently)

But I have been really hoping they would release a slider since the rumors started a few years ago with their pop out keyboard patent. I am bummed that bb10 is not in the works.

I was fine with just the runtime, but lack up updating it is kind of frustrating when more apps I have been downloading are obviously optimized for lollipop as they can be super sluggish on my z30.

I have accepted though, like your quote above, that if they are going android it's getting to a point that they have obviously decided this is there last chance to try and recapture device relevance. If that means android by BlackBerry is the most secure android (and they can ensure it) than all the power to them.

I thought long and hard which OS I would choose if we got a choice, while I love bb10, if there was a choice I see android version still selling better and worried bb10 would just go the way of PlayBook.

So that made me decide I am better off future proofing myself (I don't have money to throw at phones every release) I better off going with android. And if people buying android allows BlackBerry to invest more into bb10 and it regains some traction with say Priv 2 I would always consider switching back... but until I know their whole game plan I dunno how much more I can play the bb10 falling game sadly ...

I'm going to support the Priv because I would rather have android secured by BlackBerry, than no BlackBerry at all.. but I will still be keeping my z30 to keep up with the updates and changes over time (still have my iPhone 4s too, but I refuse to update it past ios 7)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by midnightdoom; 10-01-15 at 11:58 PM.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-01-15 11:47 PM
    BB10 is done for. Why would BlackBerry keep beating a dead horse?
    Even if Android takes off which I hope it does, why put the much needed revenue towards something that's been losing for years?
    10-02-15 12:28 AM