When I am playing music through my phone, it continues to stop and a window opens on the bottom right of the screen telling me to tap here to start the music app. It is the automatic work of the os and I do not know how to turn this feature off. Anyone offer any help?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-03-16 10:30 AM
    Yes, I just checked in Settings > display > headset plug-in action, and pick your desired app (I use the 3 months free apple music) 😉

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV; the most secure Android device - on the T-Mobile network
    05-03-16 10:59 AM
    Yes, I just checked in Settings > display > headset plug-in action, and pick your desired app (I use the 3 months free apple music) 😉

Sent from my BlackBerry PRIV; the most secure Android device - on the T-Mobile network
    I looking to turn this feature off. When I am running another app, say tunein radio, the playback keeps stopping and that small box shows up in the bottom right corner asking if I want to start the music player. I do not want any app to start when I place my headphones in. Any ideas guys?

05-03-16 11:41 PM
    If you select 'No action' it does exactly that - nothing

Edit to add: 'No action' appears as an option to select at the very top of the plug in action list, in case you somehow miss it.
    Last edited by artemis-kun; 05-04-16 at 08:36 AM.
    05-04-16 08:06 AM
    If you select 'No action' it does exactly that - nothing

Edit to add: 'No action' appears as an option to select at the very top of the plug in action list, in case you somehow miss it.
    I do not have that option in the list. I checked the top, bottom, and alphabetically and still nothing. This is wild haha, I feel like an ***** for not being able to solve this problem

05-04-16 08:51 AM
    Very weird... just to show that I'm not making things up, here's how it looks for me:

Automatic headset app opening-1192d4cded.jpg

Not sure what might be causing the option to not appear for you at all, though a quick search online indicates that it may not have existed as an option in Lollipop for some reason. So, if you're not yet upgraded, that might explain it. Previously, I've always had Headset Button Controller handle a plug-in event anyway, so I wouldn't have ever noticed that the OS itself was trying to do something even if I didn't want it to.
    05-04-16 09:51 AM
    Very weird... just to show that I'm not making things up, here's how it looks for me:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1192d4cded.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	398963

Not sure what might be causing the option to not appear for you at all, though a quick search online indicates that it may not have existed as an option in Lollipop for some reason. So, if you're not yet upgraded, that might explain it. Previously, I've always had Headset Button Controller handle a plug-in event anyway, so I wouldn't have ever noticed that the OS itself was trying to do something even if I didn't want it to.
    Yeah I am still using lollipop so I do not have that option you have showed. I actually solved the issue by selecting Google play music and then disabling the app. Now I no longer get that infuriating interruption to what I was doing

Thank you for taking the time to try to help me out, I appreciate it

FF22 and artemis-kun like this.
    05-04-16 10:22 AM