11-25-15 09:39 AM
    LOL literally just opened 2 Aukey wall chargers and 2 car chargers!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails Aukey Quick Charge 2.0  - CAN .99 Amazing product for PRIV-13358.jpg  
    dietertong and 3junior like this.
    11-25-15 09:50 AM
    LOL literally just opened 2 Aukey wall chargers and 2 car chargers!

LOL why so many
    11-25-15 09:59 AM
    Any benefit of this over the PlayBook charger?
    11-25-15 10:06 AM
    LOL why so many
    It takes so long to charge I don't wanna be caught out lol

11-25-15 10:07 AM
    Any benefit of this over the PlayBook charger?
    Was just comparing the wall charger with the PlayBook charger. Output seems to be the same (2.0A) but the car charger does 2.4A? Haven't tested the car charger yet though.

11-25-15 10:09 AM
    Was just comparing the wall charger with the PlayBook charger. Output seems to be the same (2.0A) but the car charger does 2.4A? Haven't tested the car charger yet though.

PB one is supposed to be 2.0A, but it's labeled 1.8A
    I'm not sure I'm comfortable putting my device on anything above 2.0A. 2.4A seems a bit high, no?
    11-25-15 10:11 AM
    PB one is supposed to be 2.0A, but it's labeled 1.8A
    I'm not sure I'm comfortable putting my device on anything above 2.0A. 2.4A seems a bit high, no?
    My pb charger says 2.0A?

I'm looking forward to trying 2.4A tomorrow morning. That just means faster charging does it? ))

Attached Thumbnails Aukey Quick Charge 2.0  - CAN .99 Amazing product for PRIV-13360.jpg  
    11-25-15 10:14 AM
    My pb charger says 2.0A?

I'm looking forward to trying 2.4A tomorrow morning. That just means faster charging does it? ))

Android devices with quick charge are charge intelligent. If you connect the adaptive quick chargers to a device that doesn't have quick charge it will only charge at the 1.8amp level so I wouldn't worry.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    yueytan likes this.
    11-25-15 10:56 AM
    So there is a difference between a normal charger and a Quick Charger. The Quick Charger has to be certified by Qualcomm, they will charger your battery to 60% in less then 15 minutes I believe the marketing goes.

For normal charging some devices have a min amperage they need. You can use a charger that does 100 Amps but if the device can only charge at 2 Amps then this is all it will draw. You have to understand electricity a bit to understand but think about Amperage as water flow in a pipe if the city can supply 10 liters per minute to your house but you only turn on a small tap in the house that lets out 2 liters per minute there is no harm. The voltage (5v) is the pressure inside the pipe now if this was 500v and your phone takes 5v think about a pressure washer to your skin.. yeah voltage has to be the same always but amperage can always be higher. Your device knows what the safe flow is to use and won't draw more. As long as the charger is 5v and its amperage is above what is needed you are okay.

Now with that said more amperage means faster charging means hotter battery. Hotter battery means less battery life, the way the electrons are forced in when charging fast causes damage to the battery. You wont notice this battery life die for a year then you start to notice big difference in battery life. I always use a slow charger on my device overnight because I know it will be there for a min of 6 hours and there is no need to charge it fast if I have the time, they call this trickle charging (using the min amperage to charge a battery)

I am not sure if the QC heats up the battery much but it has an intelligent design in it. Qualcomm makes the processor in your phone and if their chip is in the charger (meaning its QC certified) they can talk back and forth and communicate how much or little to charge. this makes charging faster some how, not sure how but some how they do it
    11-25-15 02:37 PM
    I bought the Aukey 12W 2.4A home & travel charger with folding plug for my wife's iPhone 6s. It really speeds up charging over the included 1A wall wart and can charge 2 devices with slower charging simultaneously. I also bought the Aukey 40W 8A travel charger with folding plug for my office and travel. It can charge up to 4 devices simultaneously, with the first 3 ports each supplied with up to 2.4A. I like it for charging my phone and tablet together. My wife won't need to bring her charger when we travel because the 40W Aukey will handle all of our stuff.
    11-25-15 04:05 PM
    I can also vouch for this charger. Got one as well and it works great!
    11-25-15 08:11 PM