Hello
    When I try to download an attachment it just hangs on this loading bar regardless of the size or file type

Mail client is lotus notes in blackberry hub
    Attached Thumbnails Attachments hang-1454769876768.jpg  
    02-06-16 08:45 AM
    Have you checked for a hub update in google play? I had this happen once but nothing since the latest update.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-06-16 09:46 AM
    Hello
    When I try to download an attachment it just hangs on this loading bar regardless of the size or file type

Mail client is lotus notes in blackberry hub
    You're using lotus notes account setup as EAS? Does this happen all the time or just once?
    02-06-16 02:53 PM
    You're using lotus notes account setup as EAS? Does this happen all the time or just once?
    Im using it as what?

All the time, every attachment regardless of type or size
    02-07-16 11:43 AM
    This happens to be often with my Exchange account, especially with PDF's. It's very annoying. The only solution is to restart the phone.

Frustrating to say the least that BlackBerry can't get the Hub to be reliable with simple things like downloading attachments after so many updates.

02-09-16 05:20 AM
    This happens to be often with my Exchange account, especially with PDF's. It's very annoying. The only solution is to restart the phone.

Frustrating to say the least that BlackBerry can't get the Hub to be reliable with simple things like downloading attachments after so many updates.

Need logs to know what's going on. Do you know how to take them?
    02-09-16 09:52 AM
    Yes. The next times it happens, I will take logs. To whom should I send them?
    02-09-16 12:47 PM
    You can send me a PM with the logs if that works. Upload the text file to a cloud storage provider and sending a link is usually the easiest way to go.
    02-09-16 10:40 PM
    I'm now seeing this as well, for a word document.

Also the picture in the signature has decided to show up as an attachment AND name itself the same name AS THE ATTACHMENT.

Due to that if I try to open it it tries to open it in MS word and spits the dummy because the attachment is calling itself a docx but is an image not a docx file.

Latest version of HUB, all complete up to date, I dont know how to make a log file but please do let me know
    02-11-16 07:47 PM
    As I'm using multiple devices I have not always seen this, but this morning I've conducted a test, meaning that I searched for all mails with attachments and the result was that all attachments (doc, xls, ppt, pdf etc) received in my Gmail account, both ordinary Gmail and Gmail with own domain was possible to open with different tools. All attachments received via my company email using exchange just hangs as described before.

02-22-16 12:23 AM
    I have three Microsoft Exchange activesync accounts in my Priv hub. Can open all attachments sent to any of these three accounts without issue. Just wanted to let you guys know that it isn't necessarily the Priv itself.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    02-22-16 09:53 AM
    its interesting, I still have it on one device, but another brand new device with the same account DOESNT have the same issue.
    02-22-16 07:45 PM
    Have tested this morning again and I have the problem of downloading/opening of files only with Hub and not with other email clients.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android and BlackBerry Priv
    02-23-16 12:13 AM
    It seems BlackBerry has lost interest in fixing their bug ridden Hub.

02-24-16 05:18 AM
    Installed Maildroud as a test apk on my Priv and I can there without any problem download attachments from my Exchange/Office 365 account. There must be something wrong with the hub

02-25-16 02:03 AM
    Installed Maildroud as a test apk on my Priv and I can there without any problem download attachments from my Exchange/Office 365 account. There must be something wrong with the hub

If you can reproduce this consistently can you take logs and send them to me? PM me if you don't know how.
    02-29-16 06:56 PM
    It just happened again. I took logs. How do I send them to you?
    03-02-16 04:58 PM
    Throw them in a cloud storage and then PM me with the link to the logs and I'll grab them.
    03-02-16 05:48 PM
    Done! Thanks!
    03-02-16 07:14 PM
    Thank you very much. Will grab them when I'm back in the office in the morning.
    03-02-16 07:20 PM
    Any update?

03-07-16 05:27 AM
    Any update?

03-08-16 04:49 AM
    Not yet.
    03-08-16 07:25 AM
    Maybe not entirely in line with this thread. But yesterday I was trying to get an html file to my new Priv. I attached it to an email and shipped it off. Open the email and saved the attachment. I was having trouble with opening the html file in the browser.

I thought I was getting an error message: "There was an error while decoding the message." I tweaked the name, etc. Finally, I looked inside the html file and that text in quotes was the CONTENTS of the file. So, somehow my attached html file (which was valid when I finally physically copied it) was mangled either when shipped or when saved. Any ideas?

And sorry if wrong thread.
    03-08-16 02:29 PM
    Maybe not entirely in line with this thread. But yesterday I was trying to get an html file to my new Priv. I attached it to an email and shipped it off. Open the email and saved the attachment. I was having trouble with opening the html file in the browser.

I thought I was getting an error message: "There was an error while decoding the message." I tweaked the name, etc. Finally, I looked inside the html file and that text in quotes was the CONTENTS of the file. So, somehow my attached html file (which was valid when I finally physically copied it) was mangled either when shipped or when saved. Any ideas?

And sorry if wrong thread.
    Hard to say...does it work fine in other email clients like Gmail?
    03-08-16 02:41 PM
29 12