Hey all,

So I am one of the people who bought an Unlocked ATT Priv. I love it, but the update thing is just crazy.

So I'm gonna throw another wrench into the whole thing. I am using the priv with an ATT sim, but it still does not find any updates. I've been on ATT for 2 weeks now. It found an update once, after I gave up manually checking. So it downloaded and then an error the second I rebooted the phone to install the update. So, what can I do? I'd think i'd be able to redownload or something, but it always tells me no updates.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    06-02-16 03:53 PM
    I have the same issue. I started playing with the date and time on the device manually and so far so good. Once I can get to a store I will ask them.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-02-16 04:16 PM
    I tried that at the very beginning, changing the date manually. It didn't find any updates. When I set it back to handle the date automatically it decided that my phone should have to reset itself. That wasn't fun. Didn't want to have to try that again.

06-02-16 04:23 PM
    I did the manual date change but had to set it forward 3 different times either 3 to 5 days ahead each time and it finally saw the update and downloaded. Of course it was just a security update, but jumping though those kind of hoops tells you something about the AT&T process.

I really hope BlackBerry figures out a way like in old days of pulling the Sim to get the update to load. Letting AT&T control the process further infuriates the few customers left for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    enlubo12 likes this.
    06-02-16 06:25 PM
    Blackberry just needs to push the update and screw AT&T

Norg and Sniffynose like this.
    06-02-16 07:41 PM
    Don't reboot the phone after an update. It'll do that all by itself.
    If you reboot, you are prob interrupting the installation process.
    It will quite likely go 'screen off' for a bit, but will boot itself when it's done.
    If you have rebooted in the middle of an update installation, you will have to ?? force stop and clear something ?? I can't remember the details.

And try holding the 'check for update' instead of just tapping it.
    06-02-16 08:06 PM

+1

Posted from my BB PRIV via CB for Android
    Sniffynose likes this.
    06-02-16 09:08 PM

They could do the same for Verizon as far as I'm concerned. It is time for MM, Carrier be damned!
    06-02-16 09:55 PM
    Don't reboot the phone after an update. It'll do that all by itself.
    If you reboot, you are prob interrupting the installation process.
    It will quite likely go 'screen off' for a bit, but will boot itself when it's done.
    If you have rebooted in the middle of an update installation, you will have to ?? force stop and clear something ?? I can't remember the details.

And try holding the 'check for update' instead of just tapping it.
    It told me update was ready to install. Do I want to reboot. I said yes. Instant error. I also tried your force stop thing. No good.

06-03-16 10:13 PM
    It told me update was ready to install. Do I want to reboot. I said yes. Instant error. I also tried your force stop thing. No good.

I don't recall ever being asked to reboot, maybe on an earlier security patch and I've forgotten.

Prob time to run an Autoloader, there's a sticky here on that subject, with links to them.
    There is one more thing you can try before the Autoloader.
    Power down, remove SIM and SD, power back up, wait 10 - 15 min. Then do the 32 second hold power button reset, (simulated battery pull).
    After it's completely rebooted + 10 to 15 minutes to do whatever android does.
    Power down, reinstall SIM and SD, restart, after at least 10 more minutes, check for update.
    And try holding 'check for up update' for a few seconds, instead of just tapping.

I've personally never had to run an autoloader, but the reports on here have been overwhelming positive.
    06-04-16 05:54 AM

this is something i never understood as well if another fruit related company can send updates to all their devices at once why cant others ?
    06-04-16 08:36 AM
    Somebody here indicated that the other fruit isn't as omnipotent as we are lead to lead to believe. They simply wait for all the carriers to approve a release, and then announce and release it. There is some credible evidence to support this, though mostly there is no evidence of anything except that the process for them is a well kept secret.

If BlackBerry were following this model, then we would ALL be waiting for Marshmallow and a few security patches.

Of course when getting carriers to allocate resources to test and approve updates, Apple is the 800lb gorilla demanding, and BB is the squirrel monkey begging.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-05-16 05:43 AM
    I don't recall ever being asked to reboot, maybe on an earlier security patch and I've forgotten.

Prob time to run an Autoloader, there's a sticky here on that subject, with links to them.
    There is one more thing you can try before the Autoloader.
    Power down, remove SIM and SD, power back up, wait 10 - 15 min. Then do the 32 second hold power button reset, (simulated battery pull).
    After it's completely rebooted + 10 to 15 minutes to do whatever android does.
    Power down, reinstall SIM and SD, restart, after at least 10 more minutes, check for update.
    And try holding 'check for up update' for a few seconds, instead of just tapping.

I've personally never had to run an autoloader, but the reports on here have been overwhelming positive.
    Hey so I tried that. Still no good. Ugh I don't want to have to do an autoloader, but it looks like I have no choice.

06-05-16 05:14 PM
    Hey all,

So I have an update about my updates. As has been suggested numerous times throughout Crackberry forums and including this thread. I manually changed the date on my phone by a few days and I was able to get AAD447. When I changed the date back to auto my phone did not reset itself fortunately.

So I am no longer updateless, but I think I still have s few more to go. Here is hoping. Thanks all for the help.

06-07-16 08:23 AM