I am wondering how you can assign a custom notification to a contact for emails, texts or calls....different ringtones or notification for each task on one particular contact. On the Blackberry Passport you could do this via edit contact.....but I cant seem to find this on the PRIV, Can anyone help me with this?

Thank you in advance
    11-09-15 10:54 PM
    if you want to distinguish between different contacts, i would suggest a third party app like Light Manager for different colored LEDS or Light Flow Lite
    11-10-15 05:35 AM
    Do any of those apps work with BBM?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-10-15 05:49 AM
    I'm wondering the same thing! I have found how to set custom ringtones for each contact, but I cannot find where to set custom sms notifications for each contact. It was easy on the Q10, but can't figure it out on my Priv! Can anyone help?
    01-05-16 03:32 PM
    Messenger open the conversation and hit the dots... under people

01-05-16 05:01 PM
    What about custom notifications for bbm contacts?

Posted on CB10 using my Z30 STA 100-5 on OS 10.3.2.2813
    01-06-16 06:48 PM
    Lolz. Android doesn't do that. People who say it is more customizable, don't actually realize it does less.

You'll have to download some app for it. I'm sure it exists.

01-06-16 08:00 PM
    search bbRingtones in Google Play Store
    01-21-16 02:37 PM
    Lolz. Android doesn't do that. People who say it is more customizable, don't actually realize it does less.

You'll have to download some app for it. I'm sure it exists.

It does, you just don't know what you're talking about. When people say it's more customizable, they're usually referring to the launcher interface, which is obviously more customizable.
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-21-16 06:42 PM
    I think John knows exactly what he's talking about. He wants to customise something that his BB10 did, but Android doesn't. I have come across scads of things like that that my Priv doesn't do. That pretty much defines 'does less' in my books as a device user.

'most people' (BB users anyway) assume customisable to mean altering their actual personal interaction with their device in a simple way so it functions how they prefer. No regular busines Joe's I know really give a hoot about the interface. It's just fluff that doesn't change function.......like using a custom skin in the good ole days. Fun, but not useful in any way to a dude who just wants to take a quick moment or two to change his notifications.
    It's integrated useful and simple customisations like this that made BB10 the s**t, and makes Android frustrating af.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-17 09:20 AM
    I have different custome ringtones for some of my close Contacts. Is this what you are talking about?

Go into your contacts app and select a contact. When that Contacts page opens, select the edit icon. Once that opens hit the three menu dots and select from the pop up menu "set ringtone". Then select the ringtone you want for them. You can add music to this ringtone folder so you can expand you options almost limitless.

My daughter Courtney has a girl named Grace so her ring tone is Ben Folds' song " Gracie Girl". My middle child, Craig is a tottenham Hotspur fan so His ringtone is "We beat the Arsenal". My younger child Chad, is one of the Directors of education at the Zach Theater in Austin TX. His ring tone is Ben Folds " Best Imitation of Myself". ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ‘
    Last edited by newcollector; 07-02-17 at 02:58 PM.
    07-02-17 02:46 PM