Nice roundup article on security issues with android and some things BB has adressed with the PRIV, software and some important questions that remain to be answered:

Android Security: How's BlackBerry going to fix it? ? The Register
    martinjdub likes this.
    10-27-15 06:05 AM
    Thanks for the link. Going to be interesting to see how this plays out over time.
    10-27-15 08:15 AM
    IMO. The only way to make android secure is to rewrite it from scratch. If you gonna go through that trouble, then you might as well adopt BB10 as the new android OS. It's there waiting, ready. Maybe this is where Chen is going when he said the market will come to us.
    10-28-15 01:33 AM
    Strategic duct tape placement.

Posted via CB10
    10-28-15 03:32 PM
    Android Security - How's BB going to fix it?
    We could take a closer look a what BlackBerry has to say:
    PRIV is for Private: How BlackBerry Secures the Android Platform | Inside BlackBerry
    10-28-15 06:07 PM
    We could take a closer look a what BlackBerry has to say:
    PRIV is for Private: How BlackBerry Secures the Android Platform | Inside BlackBerry
    yeah also this does explain a lot more:
    Protect Your Privacy with DTEK by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry

But I think the question is, if BB can live up to " the timely delivery of updates to fix critical vulnerabilities" ), cause kernel patches to give a more fundamental security are great, but e.g. for library vulnerablities this could not always help and so fast patches will be required (google realized finally and just started updating monthly).

As they seem BB has managed to get that deep into android, perhaps they have way to patch the androidsystem itself, without needing to wait for google to release an image/version and then test, modify this vanilla image to a BB-image.

All this we will see in following weeks of release as for vulnerablities on android you never have to wait long
    10-29-15 02:48 AM
    ... All this we will see in following weeks of release as for vulnerablities on android you never have to wait long
    I agree that with BlackBerry's focus on security it is important for them to show that they can't deal with these issues in a timely manor. However, while this stuff always makes headlines in the popular media, it appears that for the majority of users the actual risk is low.
    10-29-15 11:24 AM