Hi

New Priv and Hub user here! I've linked my GMail account to the BB Hub and so far I'm quite liking it! I have a gripe with it though and hoping somone on here can help me resolve it.

So when I get a notification for an email, I swipe down on a message from the lock screen and action it accordingly...If I hit the "delete" option from the notification, the phone unlock and shows me a heads up notificiation telling me it's deleted the message and offering me a chance to undo the action...Bit annoying having it unlock the screen to do show me this every time though...so is there a way to stop it? The official GMail app doesn't do this and that's how I'd like it to work with the hub.

Cheers
    01-10-17 02:43 AM
    The only way to stop that that I can find is to go to Hub > Settings > toggle "Delete Message Confirmation" to off. That means that you won't be asked to confirm from the lock screen or within the Hub. Not sure if you want to stop both.
    01-10-17 07:06 AM
    The only way to stop that that I can find is to go to Hub > Settings > toggle "Delete Message Confirmation" to off. That means that you won't be asked to confirm from the lock screen or within the Hub. Not sure if you want to stop both.
    Cheers for the reply! That's already turned off though... It doesn't prompt me to confirm I want to delete, just drag me to the home screen to show me a head up notification offering me the chance to undo the action... Very annoying
    01-10-17 07:17 AM
    There is another option that will kill all the Hub's popups, but that's an extreme solution. Settings > Sound and Notification > App Notifications > Hub. There you can disable "Peeking". That should kill all. But I doubt that's what you're after.

I can't find a way to stop the undo option only. Sorry.
    01-10-17 07:26 AM
    There is another option that will kill all the Hub's popups, but that's an extreme solution. Settings > Sound and Notification > App Notifications > Hub. There you can disable "Peeking". That should kill all. But I doubt that's what you're after.

I can't find a way to stop the undo option only. Sorry.
    You know what... I saw that option but thought I'd ask on here first in case someone knew something I didn't.

The disabling peeking method may actually be okay... As long as I still get notifications on the home screen then I don't care about peeking or heads up notifications... I won't lose the lockscreen notifications will I?

Thanks for your help! 😊
    01-10-17 07:30 AM
    No, I don't think you'll lose the lockscreen notifications. I'd check, except I'm sitting on a conference call and can't mess with the device too much. (Though it is a boring call.)

If you try it, please let me know the results here.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-10-17 07:34 AM
    No, I don't think you'll lose the lockscreen notifications. I'd check, except I'm sitting on a conference call and can't mess with the device too much. (Though it is a boring call.)

If you try it, please let me know the results here.
    Hahaha I know how that feels. But sure! Will disable peeking now and see how I get on and report back! Thanks again

Edit: it does work! 😊 well... Sort of! Now when I chose to delete a mail from the lockscreen it still unlocks my phone and sends me to the home screen but doesn't then do the heads up notification asking if I'd like to undo the action... Very weird that it unlocks the device like that
    FF22 likes this.
    01-10-17 08:07 AM