Is there any likelihood of developers offering any money off buying an android app if one has already purchased their bb10 app?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 04:20 AM
    Is there any likelihood of developers offering any money off buying an android app if one has already purchased their bb10 app?

Posted via CB10
    Well, not likely. I don't know many apps that support this feature (unless the app is subscription based). If this was a thing it would have been implemented a long time ago in both Android and iOS, for users who move between platforms.

This is the ecosystem lockin thing that keeps a lot of users from changing platforms.
    10-21-15 04:26 AM
    At the developers' discretion. A few might, I would imagine the majority won't due to the hassle involved and the very real costs associated with developing/supporting on multiple platforms.
    10-21-15 04:28 AM
    Is it easy for developers to see who has paid for a BB10 version, I wonder?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 06:45 AM
    What I would like here is for the license for my PURCHASED apps to be applied to their Android equivalents.

Also, the app data (Like game progress) to carry over as well. I can't tell you how many times I've restarted Xploding Boxes!
    10-21-15 08:30 AM
    Is it easy for developers to see who has paid for a BB10 version, I wonder?
    From memory, the only real unique identifier provided by BBW to vendors is the PIN of the purchaser's device.

If BlackBerry automate the process of discounting previously purchased apps (clue: they won't) and the vendors just have to opt in to the process, then there could be a larger take up.
    If vendors have to automate the process themselves, if practical, then there will be a minimal take up.
    If it has to be done manually for every purchaser that requests it, the the take up will be as good as zero. No dev has time to deal with that.
    10-21-15 10:01 AM