First ad for PRIV was not great but look at this sh.... from Apple

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 08:08 AM
    Nothing too wrong with it, they've already built the context and so they don't need to explain everything about the apple watch from scratch. This is just highlighting a single feature.

With the Priv, there was (is?) lots of confusion as to what it is, who is it targeted to, etc.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 08:14 AM
    They have already sold triple the amount of watches than BlackBerry would like to sell of the Priv to be successful. So I don't see an issue with the ad

Canadian  вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    11-01-15 08:16 AM
    Now that's a great commercial. Apple fans will love it ^^

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 08:16 AM
    well it is better than the one for priv where the lady says its her choice her something something i thought it was more like a womans abortion rights commercial then an ad for a phone
    howarmat likes this.
    11-01-15 08:19 AM
    The soundtrack makes all the difference. If they paid licensing to the original Rocky song it would probably suck 53% less.

Posted via CB10
    MO3iusONE and kthhrrsn like this.
    11-01-15 09:30 AM
    They have already sold triple the amount of watches than BlackBerry would like to sell of the Priv to be successful. So I don't see an issue with the ad

Canadian  вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵαssρσяτ SQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    It's a bit like when the funniest kid in the class made a stupid joke, and people would still laugh. Brand equity doesn't make the joke any funnier.

well it is better than the one for priv where the lady says its her choice her something something i thought it was more like a womans abortion rights commercial then an ad for a phone
    Exactly right. I thought it sounded like a breast cancer awareness commercial.
    11-01-15 09:33 AM
    Doesn't make sense plus the guy doesn't even know how to kickbox :/ wtf

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    11-01-15 09:35 AM
    This ad is amateurish by Apple standards, but it says a lot in 15 seconds with very simple technique, so I'd call it successful. Plus it was obviously cheap to make. Better than their more emotionally manipulative advertising, which usually brings up my last meal.

And it's not just about highlighting a single feature. It's aspirational in a broader sense (humanising features is something BlackBerry should learn), but it also positions the Apple Watch more firmly alongside other sportstrackers in people's minds (a segment that seems more successful than simple luxury smartwatches).

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:07 AM
    The music was awful, but the rest is good
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    11-01-15 10:25 AM
    Good ol crackberry, the watch has nothing to do with the Priv and people still find a way to hate on Apple for some reason.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

Might as well start comparing random commercials.
    11-01-15 10:27 AM
    The Apple Watch commercials in general are pathetic IMO. Goes to show even a marketing juggernaut like Apple can drop a deuce

11-01-15 10:30 AM
    The Apple Watch commercials in general are pathetic IMO. Goes to show even a marketing juggernaut like Apple can drop a deuce

Guess you haven't seen some of the advertising for the Priv..
    11-01-15 10:39 AM
    Whatever OP. It's still gonna sell more than the Perv err Priv.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 10:49 AM
    Good ol crackberry, the watch has nothing to do with the Priv and people still find a way to hate on Apple for some reason.

Haters gonna hate I guess.

Might as well start comparing random commercials.
    What are you talking about ? We're comparing crappy commercials. Since apple is known for phenomenal marketing this is a comparison to show even the 'great' sometimes don't hit the mark
    11-01-15 11:34 AM
    Guess you haven't seen some of the advertising for the Priv..
    Better than the watch ads. Sorry Apple Watch marketing is abysmal. They are lucky they have the brand equity they do.

11-01-15 11:57 AM
    Truly lame. Here's another winner.

The only folks who see otherwise and rush to the defensive are the walking sheep.
    11-01-15 12:40 PM
    The whole point of this thread was to compare BlackBerry Priv advertising to Apple Watch advertising. No one is defending Apple, just pointing out the ludicrous thread topic.

Posted via CB10
    11-01-15 12:46 PM
    What are you talking about ? We're comparing crappy commercials. Since apple is known for phenomenal marketing this is a comparison to show even the 'great' sometimes don't hit the mark
    I'll admit, this is not one of apples better commercials and the music is pretty bad. Other than that, I see nothing wrong with it.
    11-01-15 02:03 PM
    Better than the watch ads. Sorry Apple Watch marketing is abysmal. They are lucky they have the brand equity they do.

C'mon man, you know that black and white Priv ad was just weird.

That other one where they're showing the Priv and it's features, that was on point.
    11-01-15 02:04 PM
    Truly lame. Here's another winner.

The only folks who see otherwise and rush to the defensive are the walking sheep.
    Thought that woman was a man for a second..
    11-01-15 02:05 PM
    C'mon man, you know that black and white Priv ad was just weird.

That other one where they're showing the Priv and it's features, that was on point.
    Not saying the Priv ads will win a CLIO, but the watch ads are just bad....really bad.

11-01-15 03:40 PM