Hi guys need some help ... whenever I reboot my phone, some of the app icons I set on desktop within folders are disappearing... and I need to pull them out again... any idea what's happening?? x-o

Thanks in advance
    01-04-16 06:03 PM
    Same thing happened to me. Realized that the apps which were disappearing after a reboot were those I moved to the memory card. Moved them back over to the phone and now everything seems to be OK.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-04-16 07:11 PM
    Did you store this apps on your SD card??

01-04-16 07:59 PM
    Same thing happened to me. Realized that the apps which were disappearing after a reboot were those I moved to the memory card. Moved them back over to the phone and now everything seems to be OK.

Yes same to me 😪

01-04-16 07:59 PM
    Hi guys , with the help of 2 other guys in the BBM chat group for priv, we did some experiment on the issue .... Out of the 3 of us, I am the only one facing the problem and it works fine for the 2 of them. We went on to run a sd card test (using the same app) to check for the reading and writing speed of our sd cards... from the results, my sd card only had about 40Mbps read speed. The other 2 were ~50 and 70Mbps. Write speed were similar for all 3.

So potentially, just potentially, this could be due to the read speed that sd card was not mounted in time for all data of the apps within sd card to be read and processed during bootup ... just some findings to share and I am still pondering if I should get a faster card but remains to be seen if this would be the cause.

Many thanks to Richard Wong and PSI for helping in the experiment...
    01-04-16 11:36 PM
    Did you store this apps on your SD card??

Yes only happens on apps that are moved to sd card....
    01-04-16 11:40 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Just checked the read speed of my card and it's 39.36....It was purchased as a class 10 card from a reputable supplier. You guys might be on to something.

01-05-16 09:38 AM
    My phone has just done the same thing.

01-05-16 03:44 PM
    Something similar happens to notification audio files that are on the SD card. After a reboot, the notifications are "gone" and replaced with some sort of reference number. I ended up moving the notification audio files to internal storage and referencing them there. No issues after a reboot after doing that.

Seems Android does not like SD cards too well when rebooted...
    01-05-16 03:54 PM
    got the same problem....
    08-03-16 09:47 PM
    I had that happen today after booting into Safe Mode and then back into normal mode. My widgets were gone and a lot of icons were gone. But not all were gone and I don't know why some stuck around and others disappeared.
    08-04-16 12:32 AM