Hello everyone!
    I've been thinking about making the move to priv from classic. But i have a few questions and I know they might to be hard to answer since it's diffrent for all people.

But,
    I love the form factor on the classic, that you always have the keyboard right their! How is it to use a slider? If i go to priv I most sernetly only use the PKB. But never had a slider before.
    Secondly, the size? How does it feel in the hand compared to the classic regarding to size?

Speed and so on a asume is a lot quicker then the classic?
    There are no stores in Sweden that have them in stock so can't go anywere to test the device.

Thanks for all inputs and a great forum.

Merry christmas from Sweden.

Posted via CB10
    12-23-15 06:40 AM
    Yes,

I was with a classic for about a year and just about 3 weeks or so now with the Priv.

PKB - you get used to it. Took me about 2 days to think to slide up when i need to text or when i'm reading/browsing i use the PKB to scroll. Now it's just second nature you don't think about it. It's soft and works well.

Size - does make a difference, it is bigger no doubt. BUT it feels comfy, again took about 2 days, and now i have no issues about it. Again, it's on you. Soon as I got the phone and i put i next to classic i was like WOAH, but now it seem like nothing.

Speed is nice but for certain items it lags since it's android. As posted everywhere else, no BB10 gestures, so be prepared. It will take sometime to get around, but you get used to it and it will flow.

good luck and hopefully you find one to play with.
    12-23-15 09:10 AM
    Hi there,

I did do the jump from a classic to the priv.
    I am not a BB10 fanboy, I was just so annoyed with virtual keyboards where you have the option of doing either a lot of typos or autocorrect messes everthing up, if you switch between languages as I do.
    So I got a classic just for the keyboard. What I loved about it was physical keyboard and the trackpoint which allowed me full one handed operation a it could act as a mouse cursor in browser.
    What I hated was the constant restarts and the speed - e.g. doing an on device search.

So the Priv was a dream come true. It combines the perks of Android with a keyboard.

The keyboard itself is a bit more shallow, but the layout is exactly the same as on the classic, so it took me no time to adjust - it just feels differently, but operates exactly the same to me.
    What I do really, really like is the capacitive input on the keyboard, to swipe suggestions or position the cursor. And also since I am german, I need to enter a special character which I assume you need to do as well. This works a tad better then on the classic (long press of a and swipe right to get to the �) - A bit like BBOS and the bolds.

The size is really something I need to get used to - this thing is huge in comparison. It is the similar width but much taller. The pocketability is not as good, but you can fit it in in your jeans.
    One handed operation is much harder. For one important controls of Android are in the top left - unreachable for my right thumb and two the capacitive keyboard can not act as a mouse cursor in the browser, which I miss quite a bit.

The speed and the fluidity while operating the handset is much better. I was used to android and I feel back home. I love the additions of Blackberry (Hub, Input and Device search) and hope they will innovate further on top of them.

Have fun!
    12-23-15 09:44 AM
    Hello everyone!
    I've been thinking about making the move to priv from classic. But i have a few questions and I know they might to be hard to answer since it's diffrent for all people.

But,
    I love the form factor on the classic, that you always have the keyboard right their! How is it to use a slider? If i go to priv I most sernetly only use the PKB. But never had a slider before.

CB10
    Perhaps in that case wait for the Vienna?
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone that went from classic to priv?-blackberry-vienna-android-930x694.jpg   Anyone that went from classic to priv?-blackberry-vienna.jpg   Anyone that went from classic to priv?-78ntl98.jpg  
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-24-15 at 10:56 AM.
    12-23-15 10:18 AM