hey guys, i'm sick of the HUB. the delete confirmation that allows me to "UNDO" the action is beyond annoying.. i can't stand it! i'm ready to ditch the hub app just because of this..

has anyone abandoned the hub? anyone abandoned hub and launcher? what do you say? better? worse? 'snappier' ?

thanks in advance,
    12-13-16 02:31 PM
    i stopped using the hub relatively early since compared to how it was on bb10 it's not even comparable. i'm running nova launcher and no complaints here
    12-14-16 12:23 AM
    Good alternatives are Nine and Boxer. Nine is the most complete solution for Exchange users (no cloud crap!) and has Tasks and Notes integrated.

I didn't use the BlackBerry Apps before, too but installed them lately and the Hub works great (although I don't integrate 3rd party apps like Twitter or WhatsApp).

One feature I really love is Device Search. It's at least as cool as on BB10. Every Android device should have it.
    Last edited by Ulferini Schusterotti; 12-14-16 at 05:17 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-14-16 05:02 AM
    I am also using Nova Launcher Prime and really like it. I am on a beta version that also let's me know unread texts emails by a number that is attached to the app icon before opening. Lots of customization options and gestures with Nova plus a lot of icon packs will work with it.

I have kept the hub and find it pretty comparable to the BB10 version.
    12-14-16 10:48 AM
    Nova prime is the best. Unfortunately there is no theme support, but the gestures really rock! you can get almost bb10 feeling. I have configured double tapping in settings to switch on and in Nova to switch it off Another advantage is the ability to scale the icons and set or remove their names.
    Regarding email, nine is almost perfect for exchange servers. I have installed it although I use the hub to access my work email. For IMAP server I can recommend Aqua mail.
    12-14-16 11:14 AM
    I tried them when I first got the PRIV, but being a traditional android guy, I already had a routine.

I have tried all of the launchers out there, but I've been a user of Action Launcher for about 3 years now. If you like the swipe up for widgets the BlackBerry launcher does, Action Launcher is the originator of that.

As far as the Hub is concerned, I have never felt the need for one app to tell me everything going on. I just have my top apps in my dock and I enjoy having the messages separated in their own apps. The Hub is a great idea, and on bb10 from what I hear was implemented with perfection. But here it seems like an unnecessary step. For bb10 converts I see the need because you are all used to it.

I use the stock Gmail app and the Outlook app for my work email.
    12-14-16 07:05 PM
    I would mention a few things here..if I'm not mistaken using any launcher besides BB you'll lose the red splat for new message indicator. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Lastly, I've used nine, blue and others and to me the Hub is what makes a BB still a BB. Sans the silly software issue we had to deal with that is now corrected the Hub is perfect for my two exchange accounts and three other accounts. I love the Hub and while it's not the perfect BB 10 experience it's simply better than anything Android offers or iOS in my humble opinion.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    12-15-16 06:15 AM
    I tried them when I first got the PRIV, but being a traditional android guy, I already had a routine.

I have tried all of the launchers out there, but I've been a user of Action Launcher for about 3 years now. If you like the swipe up for widgets the BlackBerry launcher does, Action Launcher is the originator of that.

As far as the Hub is concerned, I have never felt the need for one app to tell me everything going on. I just have my top apps in my dock and I enjoy having the messages separated in their own apps. The Hub is a great idea, and on bb10 from what I hear was implemented with perfection. But here it seems like an unnecessary step. For bb10 converts I see the need because you are all used to it.

I use the stock Gmail app and the Outlook app for my work email.
    Well the purpose of the Hub is efficiency and convenience. At one quick swipe/glance you can see where you have unread messages. If you have multiple email accounts and social media, it makes it much quicker of a process. To have to click every icon on the home screen is just wasting time for those who value efficiency.
    Mirko935, FF22 and AllanQuatermain like this.
    12-15-16 06:51 AM
    Well the purpose of the Hub is efficiency and convenience. At one quick swipe/glance you can see where you have unread messages. If you have multiple email accounts and social media, it makes it much quicker of a process. To have to click every icon on the home screen is just wasting time for those who value efficiency.
    sadly, it slows you down when you start deleting emails, or marking them read. there is a substantial lag, in addition to the "undo" prompt after an action that CANNOT be turned off. i've been using BlueMail past couple days, does the same thin HUB does, but quicker. only drawback, is it doesnt unify social apps, just emails.. BUT... there is a desktop version of it coming out soon to seamlessly integrate phone and desktop hub..... so its still better.

dont get me wrong, i love the hub, but bb10 hub.. this android hub still needs work.
    12-15-16 08:14 AM
    I have used nova and several of the other launchers before on my G3, but since getting the PRIV I always end up going back to BlackBerry launcher. It just seems to slow the phone down whenever I try a different launcher.

By the way, if you want an ultra configurable launcher and don't mind a learning curve check out Lightening Launcher.
    12-15-16 08:51 AM
    I would mention a few things here..if I'm not mistaken using any launcher besides BB you'll lose the red splat for new message indicator. If I'm wrong, someone please correct me.

Lastly, I've used nine, blue and others and to me the Hub is what makes a BB still a BB. Sans the silly software issue we had to deal with that is now corrected the Hub is perfect for my two exchange accounts and three other accounts. I love the Hub and while it's not the perfect BB 10 experience it's simply better than anything Android offers or iOS in my humble opinion.
    Not exactly true. With Nova and then Tesla unread you get a Mark on the app and the actual number of unread texts or emails etc. Works really well. It's not a splat, but it is a dot with a number.

The number shows on the folder and then when I open the folder, it shows on the specific app.

FF22 likes this.
    12-15-16 10:06 AM
    I keep going back to Arrow Launcher and Next Lock Screen, both by Microsoft.
    12-15-16 12:02 PM
    This is just a simple what you are used to is most likely how you are most efficient. Now that I'm thinking about it, I rarely ever click on an email icon. I get into my apps 90% of the time by responding to the notification in the shade. For 6 years I've been hardwired to work with how android works. I still love the idea of the hub, and maybe because it's still a work in progress that turned me off. I will keep messing with it after each update to see if it ever clicks.
    12-15-16 01:49 PM
    alright guys... so i'm stuck on a new HUB and an AWESOME launcher.. its pure GOLD!!!!
    HUB - Bluemail. desktop version coming soon, too.
    LAUNCHER - Evie Launcher.
    ICON PACK - Whicons

its gorgeous and I love it.

screenshots for your viewing pleasure...
    Bluemail - hub
    Anyone using non BB launcher and NO BB hub?  experience??-screenshot_20161216-143334.jpg Anyone using non BB launcher and NO BB hub?  experience??-screenshot_20161216-143340.jpg

Launcher/ Icons..
    Anyone using non BB launcher and NO BB hub?  experience??-screenshot_20161216-143407.jpg Anyone using non BB launcher and NO BB hub?  experience??-screenshot_20161216-143417.jpg
    Anyone using non BB launcher and NO BB hub?  experience??-screenshot_20161216-143445.jpg Anyone using non BB launcher and NO BB hub?  experience??-screenshot_20161216-143450.jpg
    Anyone using non BB launcher and NO BB hub?  experience??-screenshot_20161216-143655.jpg
    12-16-16 02:44 PM
    Not exactly true. With Nova and then Tesla unread you get a Mark on the app and the actual number of unread texts or emails etc. Works really well. It's not a splat, but it is a dot with a number.

The number shows on the folder and then when I open the folder, it shows on the specific app. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...8d7453fc78.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...874fbc7163.jpg
    I toyed around with Nova and Tesla a few months ago, and although it did show what you're saying for unread messages, when it came to Hub accounts, it would show the same dot and number of unread messages for the Hub icon and all the Hub account icons, meaning if I got one unread email from each of 3 Hub accounts, it would show 3 unread emails on the Hub icon, as well as 3 unread emails on each of those account icons in the home screen.
    I'm not sure if this was fixed, but at the time, I posted a question about it on Tesla's developer's forums but nobody responded.
    Are you seeing the same thing on your Priv?
    It was disappointing because I went ahead and paid for Nova Prime before I ran I to the issue and haven't used it since.
    12-18-16 09:08 AM
    I toyed around with Nova and Tesla a few months ago, and although it did show what you're saying for unread messages, when it came to Hub accounts, it would show the same dot and number of unread messages for the Hub icon and all the Hub account icons, meaning if I got one unread email from each of 3 Hub accounts, it would show 3 unread emails on the Hub icon, as well as 3 unread emails on each of those account icons in the home screen.
    I'm not sure if this was fixed, but at the time, I posted a question about it on Tesla's developer's forums but nobody responded.
    Are you seeing the same thing on your Priv?
    It was disappointing because I went ahead and paid for Nova Prime before I ran I to the issue and haven't used it since.
    I just reinstalled Nova Prime with Tesla unread, and yes the problem is still there. Sending an email from one account to the other resulted in 1 unread message showing on all 3 of the Hub and two email icons.
    It should have only shown 1 unread on the Hub and the Account receiving the email. Not the one sending it.
    12-18-16 09:26 AM
    alright guys... so i'm stuck on a new HUB and an AWESOME launcher.. its pure GOLD!!!!
    HUB - Bluemail. desktop version coming soon, too.
    LAUNCHER - Evie Launcher.
    ICON PACK - Whicons

its gorgeous and I love it.

screenshots for your viewing pleasure...
    Bluemail only shows email accounts right? No other accounts... No BBM or texts or FB, Insta etc...
    12-18-16 09:33 AM
    For those looking for Nova Prime, it's on sale for 99c right now.
    newcollector likes this.
    12-18-16 11:17 AM
    Yep, I've had the hub disabled from day one with my Priv and that's nothing but good as far as I'm concerned. No issues or problems at all.

To me the hub was redundant functionality on my Q10 but obviously had no option but to put up with it on BB10. You get more freedom of choice now.

I still use the BlackBerry launcher.
    12-18-16 11:20 AM
    Yep, I've had the hub disabled from day one with my Priv and that's nothing but good as far as I'm concerned. No issues or problems at all.

To me the hub was redundant functionality on my Q10 but obviously had no option but to put up with it on BB10. You get more freedom of choice now.

I still use the BlackBerry launcher.
    I don't understand this.
    There isn't a single Android app that I've seen out there that can replicate what the Hub can do when it comes to an all-in-one Messaging/email solution.
    No other app shows email accounts along with the other texts, whatsapp, BBM, and social feeds.
    FF22 and dh321 like this.
    12-18-16 02:45 PM
    I don't understand this.
    There isn't a single Android app that I've seen out there that can relocate what the Hub can do when it comes to an all-in-one Messaging/email solution.
    No other app shows email accounts along with the other texts, whatsapp, BBM, and social feeds.
    For some (to me incomprehensible) reason some don't appreciate/need that functionality. Aside from the PKB, Hub was the biggest reason why I wanted a BlackBerry Android phone.
    FF22 and dh321 like this.
    12-18-16 02:54 PM
    For some (to me incomprehensible) reason some don't appreciate/need that functionality. Aside from the PKB, Hub was the biggest reason why I wanted a BlackBerry Android phone.
    Same for me. I wanted hub, and the BlackBerry keyboard plus a pkb and the Priv is the only android that meets the criteria. I just couldn't bring myself to fully jump off the BlackBerry ship and go Rogue. Glad I stayed with BlackBerry and the Priv. There have been some hiccups along the way (no service issue) but that is now history. So loving #BlackDroid and my Priv!
    dh321 likes this.
    12-18-16 04:05 PM
    I like the hub too. But I was annoyed with the 'undo' prompts.. Nothing productive or time saving with that. It actually takes longer to go through your emails
    12-24-16 11:01 PM
    I just disabled the hub, although I like it. I will enable it again, when BlackBerry implements the darker theme and configurable font size.

Until then, I will use Aqua Mail which is a very good client and supports dark theme. I also substituted calendar with acalendar+ which also supports dark theme. To be honest, i like it much more than the BlackBerry one. I doubt I will ever use it again.
    Haven't figured out how to substitute dialer and contacts.
    12-24-16 11:48 PM