Thanks John! 5 times tapping on the build number, would never have guessed that one.
    john_v likes this.
    02-09-17 12:10 AM

Oh, boy wished I never touched it Switch off function hidden under the extra windows.

Got it sorted meanwhile.

OT. Any chance the mouse function is waiting to be included in the Nougat update @c_bryant34?
    02-09-17 12:25 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...32c6a2f018.jpg

Oh, boy wished I never touched it Switch off function hidden under the extra windows.

Got it sorted meanwhile.

OT. Any chance the mouse function is waiting to be included in the Nougat update @c_bryant34?
    C Bryant no longer with BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    02-09-17 01:16 AM
    oh. anybody left?
    02-09-17 01:26 AM
    I have the Verizon variant and have the pointer option on mine under developer setting. I like being able to turn it on with the money symbol.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-09-17 10:12 AM
    I have the Verizon variant and have the pointer option on mine under developer setting. I like being able to turn it on with the money symbol.
    that's because.... this feature is pretty money.

and yeah i wish i had it, mines not listed under input either, and for reference, I have a USA AT&T unlocked STV100-1 with blackberry supplied AAJ043 build.
    02-09-17 01:47 PM
    I don't have it either. STV100-3 AAJ043. Wish i did, especially with the huge Priv screen. So ridiculous to go through all this just because some seem to think the trackpad is ugly! Well, i'm pretty sure lots of us do prefer form over function, and how is a trackpad ugly anyway? Just amazing to me that the trackpad was discarded in favour of trying -unsuccessfully- to implement the same feature in other ways. Unreal. Why mess with perfection? PKB isn't ugly but a trackpad is? Trackpad is why the Classic will remain my daily driver.
    FF22 and johnsliderbb like this.
    02-09-17 04:41 PM
    I meant prefer function over form, above ^
    FF22 likes this.
    02-09-17 05:03 PM
    I'm not working on anything related these days, but I can at least clear up some confusion, even though I know my explanation will not be entirely satisfying.

This experimental feature exists only on Verizon PRIV Marshmallow builds, essentially as a consequence of the later delivery of the first M update for Verizon. Verizon builds are produced from a release branch created a little later; this backdoor feature was just newer content that got picked up in that branch along with some Verizon-specific changes. New builds reflecting the latest security patches continue to come from each of the active release branches, but this particular content remains only on the Verizon-specific branch.

Note that I'm not able to comment on any future development or delivery plans for the feature.

For Verizon users who've been trying it out... Have you been able to figure out how to scroll in lists, select text and adjust the selection handles (outside of an editable text field), zoom in applicable views or open a browser link in a new tab? (Some of these can be done in a couple of ways.) Have you tried out all 3 methods to switch the mode on and off?

Note that pressing any physical key will turn pointer mode off (not just the currency or mute keys if you've enabled those as switches), mostly since typing on the keys does not interact well with using the same surface to manipulate a pointer that can change focus or move a cursor. The use case of trying to take a screenshot with pointer mode on that FF22 mentions is interesting - probably the side keys should have been excluded from this behaviour, since they don't conflict with the keypad's touch surface.

... Mark from BlackBerry

P.S. Developers with the Android SDK installed can use the "screenshot2" command line utility to take a screenshot from a device with USB debugging enabled.
    FF22, Uzi, eternitykh and 2 others like this.
    02-10-17 10:39 AM
    I'm not working on anything related these days, but I can at least clear up some confusion, even though I know my explanation will not be entirely satisfying.

This experimental feature exists only on Verizon PRIV Marshmallow builds, essentially as a consequence of the later delivery of the first M update for Verizon. Verizon builds are produced from a release branch created a little later; this backdoor feature was just newer content that got picked up in that branch along with some Verizon-specific changes. New builds reflecting the latest security patches continue to come from each of the active release branches, but this particular content remains only on the Verizon-specific branch.

Note that I'm not able to comment on any future development or delivery plans for the feature.

For Verizon users who've been trying it out... Have you been able to figure out how to scroll in lists, select text and adjust the selection handles (outside of an editable text field), zoom in applicable views or open a browser link in a new tab? (Some of these can be done in a couple of ways.) Have you tried out all 3 methods to switch the mode on and off?

Note that pressing any physical key will turn pointer mode off (not just the currency or mute keys if you've enabled those as switches), mostly since typing on the keys does not interact well with using the same surface to manipulate a pointer that can change focus or move a cursor. The use case of trying to take a screenshot with pointer mode on that FF22 mentions is interesting - probably the side keys should have been excluded from this behaviour, since they don't conflict with the keypad's touch surface.

... Mark from BlackBerry

P.S. Developers with the Android SDK installed can use the "screenshot2" command line utility to take a screenshot from a device with USB debugging enabled.
    Well, I'm sure that you are right - this explanation will not make everyone happy but at least it explains the mystery! And one of the hidden "benefits" of waiting six months for Verizon to finally act!!!! Thanks for clearing up the Screenshot reasoning.

And I guess I have not experimented enough with it to answer your questions. I do find the little breadcrumb trail that can be left on the screen INTERESTING! (g)

But I'm still waiting for %b or %B to work in Word Substitution so that entering my "v" will backspace and put in my Question Mark(Callum! Removing the extra space.
    02-10-17 11:35 AM
    Thanks for the explanation Mark. Just in case you would bump into a colleague working on this...
    FF22 likes this.
    02-10-17 05:07 PM
    For some reason I can't get web pages to scroll with pointer mode on...
    02-11-17 11:25 AM
    Ah cheers for clearing up the confusion Mark. It's a shame that non-Verizon users are left out from that neat feature... Lets hope that it might be available on the BlackBerry Mercury, or get included in a future Priv software update. I always missed not having a mouse-mode on the keyboard's trackpad!
    02-12-17 04:39 AM
    I have the pointer mode and it's pretty sweet. It's great being able to switch it on and off from the keyboard. It's like having a giant track pad. Hopefully it's available to non Verizon customers soon.
    nonamenomore likes this.
    02-12-17 06:44 PM
    Fingers crossed! We can only hope it comes to us all. Shame that not all Privs are created equal.

I was under the impression that those of us who are part of the Beta Programme would get access to such neat, experimental features in the first place.
    02-13-17 01:00 PM
    Yeah hopefully they get this to the factory unlocked devices soon. I bought my priv outright so I didn't have to rely on a carrier to push out updates to my phone. Sad that a carrier locked phone has a BlackBerry feature that a shop BlackBerry phone doesn't have.
    02-13-17 03:49 PM
    Yeah hopefully they get this to the factory unlocked devices soon. I bought my priv outright so I didn't have to rely on a carrier to push out updates to my phone. Sad that a carrier locked phone has a BlackBerry feature that a shop BlackBerry phone doesn't have.
    Actually, Verizon Priv's are UNlocked but branded by Verizon. They can be used with other Sim cards without any help from Verizon. That is more effective in Europe as I'm not sure how you go about using a Verizon Priv on another US carrier without some effort.
    02-13-17 07:34 PM
    Interestingly, Privs in South Korea appear to be using the same builds as Verizon Privs but with generic OEM settings instead of Verizon settings (obviously). Wonder if they have it.
    02-15-17 12:36 AM
    Interestingly, Privs in South Korea appear to be using the same builds as Verizon Privs but with generic OEM settings instead of Verizon settings (obviously). Wonder if they have it.
    Anyone want to test this?
    02-15-17 12:42 AM
    02-20-17 09:26 PM
    Yea tell me about it. I'm in the same boat
    02-20-17 10:08 PM
    In case you are still wondering, if i double tap anywhere on pkb and hold on the second tap, you can then swipe up and down to scroll on pages.
    02-21-17 11:33 AM
    Actually, it would be nice if there were a video showing this mode of operation. Or have I missed it?
    02-21-17 12:34 PM
    It would be nice I couldn't find anything at all.
    02-21-17 01:06 PM
    Actually, it would be nice if there were a video showing this mode of operation. Or have I missed it?
    I'm working on it right now.
    jcrutchvt2010 and FF22 like this.
    02-21-17 01:19 PM
146 ... 3456