Finally took the plunge and picked up a couple Privs for my business last week. Going from Z10's. Moving everything over went pretty straightforward..........except for Remember (that I can tell so far anyway).

We used remember a LOT. Particularly for creating a folder for individual clients (separate task lists) and then having particular tasks under each.

So when all the data was transfered, no "Remember" that I could find. But I did find "Tasks". Great. Looked the same at first. But after messing with it for a few moments I realised that every single one of my tasks had been blended together into one enormous list. F**k. But alright, new hardware pains I guess so I'll just have to go through and searate them out again.

But I cannot seem to find the option to create new task list anywhere. Google had no answers that I could find.

Any assistance would be hugely appreciated. Cheers
    06-12-16 04:38 PM
    Yeah, there's quite a bit of frustration about Remember not being ported to Android. I personally miss the voice note recording functionality. Unfortunately, for the moment the only option is to use a different app, like Google Keep or Evernote. Both have their advantages and disadvantages and they aren't as "light-weight" or fast as Remember, but they are all right for the most part.
    Would probably be best to use google keep.
    06-12-16 06:41 PM
    Yeah, there's quite a bit of frustration about Remember not being ported to Android. I personally miss the voice note recording functionality. Unfortunately, for the moment the only option is to use a different app, like Google Keep or Evernote. Both have their advantages and disadvantages and they aren't as "light-weight" or fast as Remember, but they are all right for the most part.
    06-13-16 06:26 AM
    So. I can create a million different tasks, but have no way of organizing them or categorizing them in any way whatsoever???
    That's pretty effing stupid. Nice work BB. I'm now that much closer to returning them for competitor devices. I mean, if we have to learn entirely new platforms anyway, might as well do that with better hardware........ahem, camera for one.
    06-13-16 05:15 PM
    I am using Wunderlist and that works a charm

FWIW

Posted by using the BlackBerry Priv
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-13-16 05:57 PM
    Finally took the plunge and picked up a couple Privs for my business last week. Going from Z10's. Moving everything over went pretty straightforward..........except for Remember (that I can tell so far anyway).

We used remember a LOT. Particularly for creating a folder for individual clients (separate task lists) and then having particular tasks under each.

So when all the data was transfered, no "Remember" that I could find. But I did find "Tasks". Great. Looked the same at first. But after messing with it for a few moments I realised that every single one of my tasks had been blended together into one enormous list. F**k. But alright, new hardware pains I guess so I'll just have to go through and searate them out again.

But I cannot seem to find the option to create new task list anywhere. Google had no answers that I could find.

Any assistance would be hugely appreciated. Cheers
    When yer in the tasks list center page in the lower middle near chin there will be a by be with plus sign.hit that to start a new list.

I use Google keep now and seems more multifunctional and better. Using it now and great feature set as well.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    06-14-16 04:58 AM
    cellphonejunkey : No man, that just creates a new task........not a task list.
    For example, I used to be able to create a folder in Remember entitled with a project or client name. Then within that folder have a list of tasks whereas each individual task could have notes, images, etc, etc. It was perfect.
    How only a single master list of tasks is useful to anyone I have no idea. Even my wife for just basic personal use organized the tasks in some way in her phone.........grocery list, christmas list, travel checklist, yada, yada
    06-14-16 06:15 AM
    Unfortunately, you have already discovered the truth. Tasks is a single running list

There have been countless complaints about the lack of Remember. In my opinion, it is hands down the biggest miss on switching from BB10.

Everyone seems to have a unique way of using Remember which I enjoy reading about. Come on BlackBerry. Make it work. It was fantastic.
    06-14-16 06:41 AM
    For example, I used to be able to create a folder in Remember entitled with a project or client name. Then within that folder have a list of tasks whereas each individual task could have notes, images, etc, etc. It was perfect.
    How only a single master list of tasks is useful to anyone I have no idea. Even my wife for just basic personal use organized the tasks in some way in her phone.........grocery list, christmas list, travel checklist, yada, yada
    Look into Evernote. It should work for you.
    06-14-16 09:55 AM
    I'll be looking up a whole slew of apps it looks like. Just probably won't be for use on a BlackBerry. Between idiotic oversights like this with Remember/Task and now trouble uploading video to Facebook (see this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-priv-1076764/ )............ I think I'm done
    06-14-16 02:56 PM
    Unfortunately, you have already discovered the truth. Tasks is a single running list

There have been countless complaints about the lack of Remember. In my opinion, it is hands down the biggest miss on switching from BB10.

Everyone seems to have a unique way of using Remember which I enjoy reading about. Come on BlackBerry. Make it work. It was fantastic.

Remember is a great app if you figure out a way to use it for yourself. I personally love it!

But the thing is, most people (including BlackBerry 10 users) don't even use regular task or note apps to get their life organized, not to mention to spend time to find a better task and note app.

This is true even among BlackBerry users, who are "supposed" to be "prosumers".

So when BlackBerry begin to investigate which apps to port over to Android side, they found pretty much nobody were using remember app extensively. Of course it won't be worth the effort to port it over.

This is another classic example of how bad the life of a minority in a minority group is.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-14-16 04:15 PM
    Agree. Not porting Remember is a bummer on a whole, but I get it.

The "tasks" app that was included though, is pretty much useless for organisation purposes without being able to at least categorise the tasks you input. I'm just very surprised at this mickey-mouse oversight if indeed categorising is not possible. Was the only point in including it at all so that folks didn't lose the data entirely when switching devices from BB10? Cuz the way I see it, it's going to be just as much work to enter all the tasks individually into another app anyway.

Oversight seems to be BlackBerry's habitual theme song.
    06-15-16 09:44 AM
    As a heavy Remember user on my Z30, I too was disappointed when I realized it didn't move over to the Priv.

However, on the plus side there are many app choices that meet and exceed Remember functionality. Some have been mentioned already (e.g. Wunderlist). Started using Informant as a way to have my Tasks (grouped in folders, with subtasks functionality) integrated with my Calender, similar to to my Z30 set up. Also gives me the option of accessing Tasks online as well.

Overall, that improvement more than makes up for the loss of Remember.

I'm sure you'll find an app that works for you.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-15-16 09:59 AM
    tbh I really love the productivity suite and the integrated task manager in it but there are still way too less options the app offers. As already mentioned I'd also really love to be able to create task lists. At the moment I'm using the app for a low amount of important tasks which occur in the near future (1-2 days or within a week) else it gets way too messy

Posted via the Priv running 'the Google'
    06-16-16 02:31 AM
    Oh ok thanks!
    Google keep allows sublists so I say give it a try!

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)running Android 6.0.1
    06-16-16 07:53 AM
    Yep also using wunderlist here

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 08:20 AM
    I'm still using BB10, but as a suggestion to the OP, I recall reading that it is possible to sync Remember with Evernote (although I have not done so personally). Just as a suggestion, perhaps you could go back to your BB10 Remember files and do a sync with Evernote and then access the Evernote files on your new Priv.....

Posted via CB10
    06-16-16 12:03 PM
    double_fault, that would be an idea. Thanks. I'll have to give that a try on the other Z10 to Priv switch. We went from two Z10s to Privs, but have only messed with one to see how things went.

If you have an outside-the-box suggestion regarding this other issue we`re encountering, that would be fan-frickin-tastic.......

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe.../#post12473517

Cheers
    06-17-16 10:42 AM
    I personally hated Remember and moved to Wunderlist and Evernote across my work group of over 200 team members and have never looked back. I have users on PRIV, BB10, iOS and works like a charm.

bluesqueen23 likes this.
    06-19-16 05:25 AM
    I second the use of Wunderlist. The integrated tasks app is (IMO) an extension of tasks in your MS Exchange.

06-19-16 08:31 AM