I was wondering if there was anyone out there still having an issue with their Priv's battery life? I noticed when i purchased my Priv a week ago, that upon setting up the device that the battery would drain very quickly. I googled the topic and saw posts back in November with some solutions but nothing of recent.

I have reset my Priv, erased/reinstalled the system, and done every update
    I have turned off NFC
    I have turned off Bluetooth
    I have switched to 3G/4G instead of 2G/3G/4G
    Blackberry Hub push feature is turned off
    All system updates are up to date (as far as i know)

battery life still draining quickly

Anyone else still experiencing this?
    01-07-16 07:39 AM
    I took my priv back yesterday because of multiple problems short battery life being one of them and they got me a new one, so we will see what happens today as this will be the first full day with it.
    01-07-16 07:52 AM
    you dont have a ton of pictures or videos trying to sync to google photo's?
    01-07-16 07:54 AM
    No, Google photos sync is turned off.
    01-07-16 08:04 AM
    So I was having a huge issue with battery.. I checked out dtek and found that my groupon app was checking for my location like crazy.. I deleted it and turned off location and my battery is a ton better.
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    01-07-16 11:09 AM
    How did you turn off your location? Facebook keeps searching for mine like crazy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-07-16 11:14 AM
    Mine is absolutely great now. First few weeks it was hit and miss. But I did the updates and now it gets me through the day without a charge pretty much every day. There are days here and there where I have a lot of emails and I get down to about 10% before bed. But that is the odd day. I have six email accounts linked to the Hub, as well as Facebook, two Twitter accounts, BBM LinkdIn and What's App. So I am running the phone pretty hard.

Only issue I am still having is I have 'unread' notifications in my Hub, but when I open up the account there is nothing showing that is unread. Still trying to clear those...
    01-07-16 11:21 AM
    How did you turn off your location? Facebook keeps searching for mine like crazy.

location icon in the swipe down menu is the easiest, I always have if off and just when I need gps I enable it
    01-07-16 12:08 PM
    I have great battery life, still have 30-40% after a very busy day, check in settings/battery which apps are draining the battery if you haven't done so for example one day the music app was showing battery usage but I did not use it on that day so I uninstalled it and installed a different app from play store
    01-07-16 12:09 PM
    Make sure all of the various Android apps are updated in the play store, it's a bit of an issue with Android 5 that system apps don't like to inform you that an update is available for them. Once you've updated them once though, they'll notify you and update automatically, if you set them to. That's one thing that seems to clear up battery drain. The other thing I do that many people might not, is I have the hub entirely disabled. But otherwise, after a day at work, I'm left with ~65% battery.
    01-07-16 01:03 PM
    Yeah, it lasts way too long. I sit and beg it to drain and it just won't. I want a device that listens when I tell it to drain the battery.

Jonneh likes this.
    01-07-16 06:24 PM
    I was having battery problems but I took it back and they gave me a new one and no more battery issues. I am impressed with it

01-08-16 03:37 AM
    I have a great Battery life as well, no i am not joking it works great, but here it comes, i have installed Viber the other day and all over sudden the Battery got hot again and the Battery drained like in the beginning ....i have uninstalled Viber ( i don't use it anyway ) and all back to normal .....i guess there are some Apps causing trouble......
    Do i have proof , NO, but removing Viber from my phone and back to 1.5 days Battery life.

Maybe there are some apps causing the issues....
    Last edited by Ti-Mike; 01-08-16 at 04:25 AM.
    01-08-16 03:55 AM
    Five/six hours for me

01-08-16 04:01 AM
    I've experienced the same issues on my Priv(s) I'm currently waiting on my 4th one from ATT lol..anyway, on my last one, my battery life would be great one day and the next not so good, and I typically do the same thing and I really don't use a lot of apps, and I always make sure to close apps out.

I figure future updates will help with this.
    01-08-16 05:29 AM
    I can't complain day to day.. By the time I get home at end of day I usually have 30%-40% give or take (with heavy usage of browsing the Web, texting. Browsing app store mainly).. Today I have 82% and go gone soon but I didn't use a whole lot today..

But if I play my game Deus Ex my battery drains really quick and gets warm. But it's a heavy game.

Some things I did, I downloaded AVG antivirus, cache cleaner and WiFi assistant, within them are some battery and task killer tools

I am also testing Greenify which force closes apps you don't need running with touch of button (avg cleaner will also do this but not as automatic. Or you can do manually from settings, apps, running)

I went into my data usage menu and apps I noticed using background data I turned toggle to restrict that over cellular (note: don't do this for messenger and email apps etc) as well as queue the rest

For location settings I use the battery saver mode and the qualcomm izat

For brightness I keep about 15% with auto shut off and adjust manually as needed

Lastly, check your battery usage section daily... I notice certain apps use more battery and data. Like pinterest compared to feedly is huge difference... also when I was testing out some other encrypted messenger apps they would drain a few percent not even being used

I think a combo of those things helped me

*-* BBM Channel : Netflix Newsroom C003BA5E3 | Facebook.com/NetflixNewsroom *-*
    Last edited by midnightdoom; 01-08-16 at 05:54 AM.
    01-08-16 05:41 AM
    This going on day 2 with my replacement priv overall it's definitely working better than the first one I got, I'm still not sure about my battery life just yet
    According to this my phone is going to need to be plugged in by 2pm now I'm guessing that's if I continue to use it like I have this morning which has been a lot
    Attached Thumbnails Is anyone having an issue with their Priv battery life?-1452257662880.jpg  
    01-08-16 06:58 AM
    I think that this battery 🔋 is almost just as my Passport they both have to go on the charger by 3pm on most days the difference is the quick charge on the PRIV by the time I'm on my way home 🏡 it's fully charged and im good to go the Passport wouldn't be but that was before I new I could use quick charge on it.

01-08-16 07:23 AM
    Just a Screenshot
    Since the battery issue is solved. I love the BB Priv

No I did not replace it, as this is not possible in Switzerland, at least not as simple and quick as in US or UK..

I have only switched of the GPS and switched to 4G and 3G

All the rest is ON and working

No App Killer etc is runing or cooling app.

Attached Thumbnails Is anyone having an issue with their Priv battery life?-34622.jpg  
    01-08-16 07:48 AM
    No issues whatsoever. In fact, I usually end my day above 50% battery. Very pleased.
    01-08-16 08:58 AM
    The top left corner of my screen became unresponsive today so I did a reboot and it's working again.
    I'm really starting to loose my willingness to stick with this phone. A $700 + dollar phone shouldn't have to restarted in order for it to work
    01-08-16 12:15 PM
    Factory reset did wonders for me. Pain in the *** but worked nonetheless when it came to extending battery life

01-08-16 12:18 PM
    Seems kind of weird this morning my battery was draining like crazy got to work didn't use it a whole lot until the end of the day, battery was down to 23% put it on the charger and took it off at 80% and have been on it almost nonstop for over 2 hours and the battery is at 49%
    Doesn't make sense
    01-08-16 09:14 PM
    Does this mean you are force stopping apps individually to help stop battery drain? I only have 2 email accounts and really only use one lightly. Had this for a week and it won't make it through a day
    01-08-16 10:42 PM
    My first day I was so stressed, a percentage was dropping every minute, but after diving into battery save forums I find a good solution. I factory reset my phone and when I went to set it up I skip all skip-able offers because it was using background apps like crazy. Also turned some display features off that I don't use. What bothers me is the percentage still. It drops fine, I just have a huge OCD on looking at it and freaks me out worrying about it dropping. Every 5 seconds just glancing in top right corner, is there any app to hide it? I took into to consideration that it might drain it more since it will be a background app but it will lesser my worries
    04-07-16 01:09 PM
27 12