Anyone going to use a nice Smartwatch with their new nice BB Priv?

Some Smartwatches are really nice and Google Play Store has a variety of beautiful watchfaces for all tastes, including official Porsche watchface.
    09-28-15 05:00 AM
    If I do actually get it one day, I might try a Pebble or (if support will be added) a Galaxy Gear

Posted via CB10
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    09-28-15 05:11 AM
    I own a Pebble Time and with Talk2Watch it works pretty good...One disadvantage is that andoid notifications do not show on the watch...

Posted via CB10
    thinkinfinity and S Valmont like this.
    09-28-15 05:35 AM
    With the Priv all Android Smartwatches will work and when i got the Priv everything will work out of the box with my Pebble Time...The most exciting with the Pebble Time is that battery life is about 8 days!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 05:37 AM
    When smartphones came along I thought, great, no need to have something strapped to my wrist any more :-)

So I'm going to be avoiding smartwatches for the time being.
    09-28-15 05:54 AM
    I'm thinking of getting the new pebble time round with the  Priv

BlackBerry Priv� a mobile PRIVilege for your PRIVacy
    thinkinfinity and Q like this.
    09-28-15 05:59 AM
    I have the LG G R watch which is great but I don't wear it all that much since my work doesn't allow them.

I've found this watch most useful when driving or in traffic. Being able to respond to text messages via voice or change the song that I'm playing off my phone through my watch is just handy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-28-15 07:10 AM
    I'm thinking of getting the new pebble time round with the  Priv

That bezel and battery life though.. It sure is thin though.

09-28-15 07:10 AM
    That bezel and battery life though.. It sure is thin though.

For me
    1. The bezel makes the watch look somewhat 'classic' especially with the silver edges
    2. The battery life should be good enough considering the fact that I don't wear my watch overnight - will charge every night

I was actually considering the Gear S2 classic... but as it turned out too expensive and too 'futuristic' for me
    OR
    I just want the Pebble Time Round so bad

09-28-15 08:35 AM
    Anyone know if the new BlackBerry Priv (android) will allow my Pebble Time smartwatch to function at its capacity? That is, the voice reply function works with android, but not with my current BlackBerry Passport. Since the Priv is an android I should be able to use voice reply, correct?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 01:34 PM
    BTW, I've had my Pebble Time all summer -- lots of swimming, running, outdoor activities and sports. It's tough and stays charged for minimum 5 days. I love it when Apple Watch owners give me that envious look.

If you're thinking of getting a smartwatch, you will not regret the Pebble. It works for iPhone, Android and BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 01:41 PM
    Anyone going to use a nice Smartwatch with their new nice BB Priv?

Some Smartwatches are really nice and Google Play Store has a variety of beautiful watchfaces for all tastes, including official Porsche watchface.
    Pebble time steel!!!

 вιaсĸвεггч� Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2639 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB 
    09-28-15 02:40 PM
    For me
    1. The bezel makes the watch look somewhat 'classic' especially with the silver edges
    2. The battery life should be good enough considering the fact that I don't wear my watch overnight - will charge every night

I was actually considering the Gear S2 classic... but as it turned out too expensive and too 'futuristic' for me
    OR
    I just want the Pebble Time Round so bad

Yeah I get what your saying but the price is pretty steep in a device like that especially since it'll only give you two days worth of juice. At least with the other pebble watches you get close to a week.

That's just me though. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, might as well have it run android wear and have a few added features.

09-28-15 02:43 PM
    Getting the Hauwei watch for Christmas to go along with my Priv.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 03:23 PM
    Still won't get a smartwatch.

Nice ticky watch for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 03:24 PM
    I'm more interested in the Microsoft Band 2.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 03:52 PM
    If I ever got a smart watch, probably the Moto 360.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 04:07 PM
    I have a pebble steel, the hacky poor bb10 integration sucks... not having a headless app really ruins it.

The steel is nice, so is the time steel and round... but the bezel kills it for me on all of them.

I get 3-4 days battery and always on makes it work nicely for me.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 04:12 PM
    I still prefer the "craftmanship" of the old watch. The added beneficts of smartwatch didn't convert me yet.
    09-28-15 04:13 PM
    Anyone know if the new BlackBerry Priv (android) will allow my Pebble Time smartwatch to function at its capacity? That is, the voice reply function works with android, but not with my current BlackBerry Passport. Since the Priv is an android I should be able to use voice reply, correct?

Posted via CB10
    Wouldn't it be better to wait until the Priv actually delivers? Pretty tough question to answer without actually trying it, methinks.
    09-28-15 04:20 PM
    I still prefer the "craftmanship" of the old watch. The added beneficts of smartwatch didn't convert me yet.
    I definitely agree. But I think a fitness tracking watch is a great alternative for when you're exercising or being active.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 04:44 PM
    Agreed, that's why I prefer the Moto 360. At least it maintains the round face. Don't really care for smart watch much either. More class in proper wrist watch imo.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 10:32 PM
    Agreed, that's why I prefer the Moto 360. At least it maintains the round face. Don't really care for smart watch much either. More class in proper wrist watch imo.

Posted via CB10
    You should have a look at the Huwaei watch... I think it looks even better than the 360, higher resolution screen and AMOLED sintead of LCD, and has a snapdragon 400 has a processor. The Huawei is the best smartwatch in the market IMO, but it's also very expensive.
    09-28-15 11:16 PM
    I have galaxy gear, probably getting a pebble time

CB10�Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.2639
    09-29-15 12:01 AM
    I definitely agree. But I think a fitness tracking watch is a great alternative for when you're exercising or being active.

Posted via CB10
    I have the gear neo and even though it doesn't run android wear, it's good for exercising. You can keep track of how many times you've exercised over the months, plus with the 4 gigs of storage you can just plug that bad boy to your computer and drag and drop some songs. Pair up some Bluetooth headphones and no need to have your phone with you while at the gym.

09-29-15 02:16 AM
56 123