Just when I though I had it figured out (with Lollipop), Google goes and changes the way notifications work with Marshmallow.

Has anyone figured out how to setup "Bedside Mode" on Marshmallow where phone calls get through but everything else (text, e-mail, notifications) is muted? I have tried a lot of the same apps/widgets that I had tried when I was trying to make this go on Lollipop but none of them are any better than they were on Lollipop.
    07-14-16 01:50 PM
    That's how I have it set up. Just go through do not disturb settings, that's all.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    07-14-16 02:12 PM
    I got the Marshmallow Update yesterday, and this worked last night. I checked my settings, and here is how I have mine set, I apologize if they see to be a little redundant, but I am not a tech person at all.

Swipe down for the quick settings, choose DO NOT DISTURB. Then choose PRIORITY ONLY, select for how long, then click MORE SETTINGS. Then click PRIORITY ONLY ALLOWS, then choose what you want to allow. You have to go into your contacts to "star" them. Then go to Settings, and then choose SOUND & NOTIFICATION, click DO NOT DISTURB, click PRIORITY ONLY ALLOWS and set your choices there. Then click AUTOMATIC RULES, then DOWNTIME, and make your selections there. This will then block all notifications, expect the ones you chose, during the downtime.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 07-14-16 at 02:20 PM. Reason: typo
    07-14-16 02:19 PM
    Yes, just set the filters your desire on Priority mode.

If you want the clock to glow dimly while charging at night just tap the clock and tap and hold on the current time.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 02:38 PM
    And will the alarm go off after all that?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 05:22 PM
    OK, if you want an alarm, set it in the clock app.

Then, when you enable priority mode, simply extend it until "the next alarm", it will be an option in the menu if you have an active alarm.

Not at all as seamless as BB10 but the general capability is there..

Posted via CB10
    07-14-16 05:25 PM
    You can also set it to automatically stop at a certain time, and start again. And alarms are always priority, so they will always ring, unless you specifically turn them off.

Posted via a Priv on an 6.0 Mushroom
    07-14-16 08:11 PM