GSAM Battery Monitor

It is pretty detailed in what's using battery.

Majority of the battery should be used by the screen, if you the "app" category using quite a bit, tap it and it'll show you the specific apps and it's usage.

It's a good app that helped me pinpoint what was going on when the stock battery app didn't show it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    d a elliott and cleveland216 like this.
    12-14-15 03:38 PM
    GSAM Battery Monitor

Majority of the battery should be used by the screen, if you the "app" category using quite a bit, tap it and it'll show you the specific apps and it's usage.

It's a good app that helped me pinpoint what was going on when the stock battery app didn't show it.

Oh really? And who is going to monitor the battery monitor app??? No thanks! Keep your app!
    mohawk apple likes this.
    12-14-15 03:46 PM
    Oh really? And who is going to monitor the battery monitor app??? No thanks! Keep your app!
    You as the user would?

I don't get it, do you want a simple button that will fix your battery issues? If it were that easy you wouldn't even need the button 😉

ce71 likes this.
    12-14-15 05:41 PM
    Why not just use the built in one? It shows me as much information as I need to know what's using up all my battery.

12-14-15 06:14 PM
    GSAM Battery Monitor

So what was draining your battery? Do share

Posted via CB10
    12-14-15 06:30 PM
    Why not just use the built in one? It shows me as much information as I need to know what's using up all my battery.

This has a lot more details.

I was able to pinpoint that it was a Groupon app that I hadn't even opened which was continuously trying to get my location even though I had it off.

Through Google maps.

Maybe it wasn't as helpful to others as it was to me. Just wanted to share.

12-15-15 12:22 PM
    This has a lot more details.

I was able to pinpoint that it was a Groupon app that I hadn't even opened which was continuously trying to get my location even though I had it off.

Through Google maps.

Maybe it wasn't as helpful to others as it was to me. Just wanted to share.

Sharing is always a good thing. I'd rather see more threads relaying app experiences and reviewing them than more of the same old, same old (i.e. Priv is great / terrible / this is why I'm switching to Passport / Z30 / iPhone threads).

12-15-15 12:29 PM
    Sharing is always a good thing. I'd rather see more threads relaying app experiences and reviewing them than more of the same old, same old (i.e. Priv is great / terrible / this is why I'm switching to Passport / Z30 / iPhone threads).

I don't get it, why iphone threads?

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
    12-15-15 12:34 PM
    I don't get it, why iphone threads?

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another. Proverbs 27:17
    No clue. There are usually posts by BlackBerry Extremists letting us all know that they've switched to the iPhone or even that iOS is better for BBOS displacements looking for a new home. Good for them I guess.

12-15-15 12:38 PM
    Yup been using Gsam since I got my Priv 3 weeks ago. The screen is the reason for the battery drain.
    I was also thinking about starting this thread in hopes to help someone. Thanks OP
    mithrazor likes this.
    12-15-15 12:45 PM
    I've been using Avast Battery Saver. It's great because it sets up profiles based on wifi and so depending on where i am, i have customized brightness on my screen. During work it's brighter but at night time it's automatically darkened. (I have automatic brightness disabled as that's a battery drainer it itself)

Besides the screen, the Blackberry Services, Productivity Tab and RBC app were the biggest culprits for me. In addition so was my Weather/Clock app. Avast Battery app was really great in identifying which apps drain much better than the built in app does.

Btw, Avast Cleanup is pretty awesome too. Cleans all up my phone all the time and rids of the download APK files and cache that eat up a lot of memory space.
    12-17-15 01:59 PM
    Groupon can be a huge battery drain even unopened because it pings your location every 30 seconds. It was not showing up in my battery drain list either since it counts as a background service.

I'm not exaggerating, it literally accessed my location over 20,000 times in 7 days. Thanks for DTEK!

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    Attached Thumbnails Anyone with battery draining issues download this app-screenshot_2015-12-15-23-43-40.jpg  
    12-17-15 04:10 PM