My Z10 and Z30 were so amazing I still have them, I'll likely never get rid of them. Priv came along and I wasn't too intrigued, but that didn't last long I ended up buying it full price the same month of release.

The Dtek60/Mercury do not give me the same wow factor that the Priv did. I've only used the Priv physical keyboard ONCE (lol) so I'm definitely done with BlackBerry PKB, but the Dtek60s guts/capabilities don't draw me in, mostly the rear side camera.

Another point, blackberry no longer designing their own phones, aside from the creaks and squeaks and soft spots, the Priv is literally the best designed phone I've owned next to the Z30. Little things like the raised logo on the rear and the texture go a long way for me.

The big display + big Battery + fancy shamncy camera that shoots amazing photos will keep me on the Priv until another blackberry, and hopefully not a better samsung / anything else draws me in. I'm hoping this is not my final blackberry.

I hate lugging around the extra size and weight for a keyboard I don't use, but I'm also happy that it did not stop me from purchasing this great phone. Again the phones released after the priv have so far sucked.
    02-01-17 12:07 PM
    Everything after the Mercury is a big question mark. There is that one joint venture phone in Indonesia, but that'll be lower end than the DTEK50 and might not even leave Southeast Asia.
    02-01-17 12:13 PM
    I would love to see a phone the size of the Dtek50, with at least the specs of the Dtek60 (or better, but not necessary), a soft grip back, and with an actual RGB notification LED.

If they came out with that... I'm there.

Joel
    02-01-17 12:56 PM
    If TCL makes a reasonable profit on the Merc they may continue to release updated DTEKs. Waiting for the ideal product is a shell game when your brand of choice is always on the brink of extinction.
    02-01-17 02:32 PM
    If TCL makes a reasonable profit on the Merc they may continue to release updated DTEKs. Waiting for the ideal product is a shell game when your brand of choice is always on the brink of extinction.
    Got that right. I've been waiting on a decent replacement for my Z10 to be released by BB, and to this day, nothing they've released since has appealed to me. The Z30 was close, but the look of it just didn't do it for me - don't like that silver bottom bezel at all, and AT&T never picked it up anyway.

Joel
    02-01-17 03:25 PM
    Got that right. I've been waiting on a decent replacement for my Z10 to be released by BB, and to this day, nothing they've released since has appealed to me. The Z30 was close, but the look of it just didn't do it for me - don't like that silver bottom bezel at all, and AT&T never picked it up anyway.

Joel
    The DTEK60 is a home run in my books.

DTEK60 / Z30
    02-01-17 03:48 PM
    The DTEK60 is a home run in my books.

DTEK60 / Z30
    If only it was the size of the 50, though. Even a 5.2" screen size is pushing it for my comfort. And if it had an RGB LED.

I know, nit-picky. But not being in a big hurry allows me that luxury.

Joel
    02-01-17 05:40 PM
    If only it was the size of the 50, though. Even a 5.2" screen size is pushing it for my comfort. And if it had an RGB LED.

I know, nit-picky. But not being in a big hurry allows me that luxury.

Joel
    Not really nit picky not having an RGB is a big deal for some based on they like to receive notifications and it's ridiculous to consider "timewalking" on functionality that's been around for years.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-17 05:55 PM
    I believe TCL will continue to manufacturer all touch phones for Blackberry in the future. As CPU technology advances they will add them to phones they make. Just took sim out of DTEK 60 and went back to my Priv. Like Mr. Mobile just stated...The Priv design is what draws me back. The 60 in a case looks like every other slab on the market. I will not dare use it without a case (Slippery as an eel). That is why I did not buy a holster for the 60, when you take it out...well it is you and the glass back. The Priv I use with a holster and I can take it out naked and not worry about it slipping or getting scratched. Then the masses can view the beautiful design and keyboard functionality.
    Last edited by Bay 13; 02-01-17 at 08:20 PM.
    buwee likes this.
    02-01-17 06:11 PM
    Not really nit picky not having an RGB is a big deal for some based on they like to receive notifications and it's ridiculous to consider "timewalking" on functionality that's been around for years.

Posted via CB10
    The lack of an RGB LED is a big fail in my books and to a lesser extent the lack of OIS, wireless charging, average camera, etc. makes the whole package unappealing to me.
    Bay 13 likes this.
    02-01-17 09:33 PM
    Just give me another PRIV and I'll be happy.

According to my statistics. I use the PKB 96% of the time. The VKB is extremely useful for one hand use.

So I need both!!
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    02-01-17 09:43 PM
    Just give me another PRIV and I'll be happy.

According to my statistics. I use the PKB 96% of the time. The VKB is extremely useful for one hand use.

So I need both!!

I'm only 50/50 (PKB/VKB), and I'm considering the Mercury (not strongly), but the Priv 's design and build quality would be tough to leave. A truly revolutionary design.
    02-01-17 11:30 PM
    I wanted a 1:1 screen ratio with a Passport body. That and a SD 821/820, with 4 GB RAM. 3 row physical keyboard with a dedicated keyboard button on the side from PKB and VKB (yup, I want a tiny screen, one handed optional! Build it!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂
    02-02-17 12:01 AM
    I wanted a 1:1 screen ratio with a Passport body. That and a SD 821/820, with 4 GB RAM. 3 row physical keyboard with a dedicated keyboard button on the side from PKB and VKB (yup, I want a tiny screen, one handed optional! Build it!!!!!!! 😂😂😂😂😂
    3:2 screen ratio is the minimum permitted by Google.
    02-02-17 07:19 AM
    All we can do is wait and hope that the Mercury will be successful so that they continue making more devices.

Posted via CB10
    02-02-17 09:17 AM
    The Mercury will be a hit no doubt about it, that is as long as the true BlackBerry users are still out there.. And they gotta hope they bring back some users that also jumped to samsung and ios.. But there are many people like me that are still about blackberry but not about the PKB, so let's pray lol.
    02-02-17 02:58 PM
    We shouldn't look the the future , instead we should just be happy the brand is still alive ,
    Bay 13 likes this.
    02-02-17 03:05 PM