Hi!

I recently won a BlackBerry Priv here in CB (Yay!) and I'm so excited to get get my hands on it. It's my dream phone!

Any tips and tricks you wanna share in using it? Care and maintenance? Problems encountered?

Any feedbacks are much appreciated!
    07-19-16 11:59 AM
    07-19-16 12:48 PM
    Congratulations on winning a Priv.

There's a huge sticky thread at the top of the page with all kinds of tricks and tips.

Depending on what phone you have used before, Android is very different from BB10.

If you have gmail, I suggest you set it up in the Hub and not the separate app.

Look for a file manager app and a photo app and video and music app.
    07-19-16 12:50 PM
    I need some hints, too. Why the heck do I get a REDIRECT page when I click on your links in Desktop Firefox????? I keep getting these darn Redirection links all of the time in too many threads when I click on a link.
    07-19-16 12:52 PM
    I need some hints, too. Why the heck do I get a REDIRECT page when I click on your links in Desktop Firefox????? I keep getting these darn Redirection links all of the time in too many threads when I click on a link.
    Every browser or just FF? I know that any links posted to Verizon/AT&T's knowledge bases are filtered through some CB-mandated link redirector.
    07-19-16 01:05 PM
    07-19-16 02:15 PM
    Every browser or just FF? I know that any links posted to Verizon/AT&T's knowledge bases are filtered through some CB-mandated link redirector.
    I will have to check. Hmm. Now it did not do it. FF opened both links. Chrome just also opened both links.

I guess I should ask in the forum management thread wherever that is these days!!! (g)
    07-19-16 08:08 PM
    Can't see the link
    07-28-16 11:52 AM
    Can't see the link
    Try this: Index of /audio/communicator (tos_chirp_2.mp3)

If it still doesn't work, it's just the communicator chirp from the original Star Trek.
    07-28-16 11:54 AM
    Congratulations on winning a Priv.

There's a huge sticky thread at the top of the page with all kinds of tricks and tips.

Depending on what phone you have used before, Android is very different from BB10.

If you have gmail, I suggest you set it up in the Hub and not the separate app.

Look for a file manager app and a photo app and video and music app.
    Thank you so much! Tho I still have no update on when will I receive my Priv

Yeah I know. I'm kinda used to Legacy BBOS and BB10. Hope I can customize Priv's LED notification as well.

So you mean Priv doesn't have a built in file manager and media player? It mainly relies on Google Play apps (Photos, Play Music, etc)?

Thanks for the tip! Will check that sticky thread!
    07-28-16 11:55 AM
    Oh cool! The link still doesn't work tho.
    07-28-16 11:55 AM
    Does it redirect you or something? I've noticed that the forum software, in its infinite wisdom, puts some external links through an ad redirector that never works. Maybe try copy pasting the real URL (the trekcore.com part, nothing else) into your address bar and going from there.
    07-28-16 12:03 PM
    Thank you so much! Tho I still have no update on when will I receive my Priv

Yeah I know. I'm kinda used to Legacy BBOS and BB10. Hope I can customize Priv's LED notification as well.

So you mean Priv doesn't have a built in file manager and media player? It mainly relies on Google Play apps (Photos, Play Music, etc)?

Thanks for the tip! Will check that sticky thread!
    Well, under Marshmallow (which as a Verizon customer I don't have), there's one hidden under Storage Settings I've been told. There is no native file manager in Lollipop (I don't think there's even a Google one). Folks have recommended Solid File Manager or Asus.

But for any music, photos, or file managers there are tons of options BUT that means you may be relying on 3rd parties for privacy rights.
    07-28-16 12:56 PM
    Slide screen up to reveal keyboard. Lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-30-16 08:55 AM
    Well, under Marshmallow (which as a Verizon customer I don't have), there's one hidden under Storage Settings I've been told. There is no native file manager in Lollipop (I don't think there's even a Google one). Folks have recommended Solid File Manager or Asus.

But for any music, photos, or file managers there are tons of options BUT that means you may be relying on 3rd parties for privacy rights.
    I've heard Priv is mostly stock. Would that mean I'll be relying on Google Photos, Music, etc?
    08-13-16 05:49 AM
    Slide screen up to reveal keyboard. Lol

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Certainly not aware of that. LOL.
    08-13-16 05:49 AM
    I've heard Priv is mostly stock. Would that mean I'll be relying on Google Photos, Music, etc?
    You can rely on those apps or you can go looking for a substitute from lots of 3rd party developers. There must be a ton of music player and photo viewer apps.
    08-13-16 09:32 AM
    I like piktures for photos, yaata is good for texts and customization but I ran into an issue with being able to send video with it. Switched to the Verizon message + app and it works pretty good. Blackplayer ex for music, talon for twitter. I tend to be willing to pay for apps as well as taking time to look for apps with the least intrusive behaviors. I also turn off or disable as much of the Google stuff as I can and still have a fairly nice functioning phone. Some things if you need it you can turn it on for that use then back off. It saves battery and cuts down on snooping. I don't let Google back up ANYTHING. Save it all to the device or the SD card. I MIGHT back my contacts up to Verizon cloud but that's it.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    FF22 likes this.
    08-13-16 10:23 AM
    You can rely on those apps or you can go looking for a substitute from lots of 3rd party developers. There must be a ton of music player and photo viewer apps.
    Was expecting that they'll bring along their File Manager, Gallery, Music and Video app.

Ended up using Asus File Manager and VLC. But still a crap.
    09-01-16 12:22 PM
    I like piktures for photos, yaata is good for texts and customization but I ran into an issue with being able to send video with it. Switched to the Verizon message + app and it works pretty good. Blackplayer ex for music, talon for twitter. I tend to be willing to pay for apps as well as taking time to look for apps with the least intrusive behaviors. I also turn off or disable as much of the Google stuff as I can and still have a fairly nice functioning phone. Some things if you need it you can turn it on for that use then back off. It saves battery and cuts down on snooping. I don't let Google back up ANYTHING. Save it all to the device or the SD card. I MIGHT back my contacts up to Verizon cloud but that's it.

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    As much as I want to disable those ****ty Google Play apps. I just cannot. Lol. I really wanted BlackBerry to have their own. Not a fan of installing much apps. Priv is good. The bad thing is the stock OS.

And I'm playing dumb. Comparing BB OS to Android. Lol. My expectations were high because they ported Hub and the keyboard. Why not make their own Messages, File Manager and media manager right? That wouldn't hurt much of the storage.
    09-01-16 12:27 PM