I'm wondering if anyone else uses Slack and has push notifications working successfully on Priv?

I have tried various settings and even clearing all of my active sessions through the web portal. The client works perfectly well, just no notifications

I tried contacting their support team but they didn't understand me correctly when I said that this BlackBerry runs full Android OS certified by Google with Play Store access. Here is what they had to say:

Thanks for writing in. So sorry for the trouble with not getting push notifications. I�ve shared your message with our Android team to take a closer into. I�m afraid this is a known issue and unfortunately notifications don't work properly when using the Slack Android app on Blackberry. I'm sorry that we couldn't have better news for you today. Currently we don�t have an official BlackBerry app, though we wouldn't rule it out completely sometime in the future. Apologies again for the inconvenience.
    11-12-15 07:59 AM
    They have a nice stock reply but yeah, they totally misunderstood you.

Maybe you should try linking them to a product page for the phone and say that this BlackBerry runs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and I downloaded the Slack app from the Google Play Store.

I don't have a Priv to test with, but I do use Slack so I'm interested in why you wouldn't be getting push notifications.
    11-12-15 08:05 AM
    I have reached out to some of my friends that use Slack and have Priv(s). I use slack, but don't have a Priv, YET! (I'm hoping for a Black Friday deal! )
    11-12-15 08:10 AM
    I am having the same issue and tried multiple things. Now I basically open the app every hour to check for messages.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-12-15 08:44 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I followed up with a link to the product page and did my best to spell out that this device is different

Interestingly it appears as "Unknown Device" on their web portal, where my Nexus 5 shows up as "Android App".

I bet there is something on their backend doing a string search for "BlackBerry".
    11-12-15 09:28 AM
    Thanks for the replies. I followed up with a link to the product page and did my best to spell out that this device is different

Interestingly it appears as "Unknown Device" on their web portal, where my Nexus 5 shows up as "Android App".

I bet there is something on their backend doing a string search for "BlackBerry".
    Having the same problem here with Slack on my Priv.... very annoying!!
    11-12-15 01:18 PM

That is very odd... I wonder if someone from BB can chime in here and give some insight as to how this might be happening.
    11-12-15 03:28 PM
    Sorry for some kind of off topic, however, I'm using Slack app from Play store on my z10 and was wondering if other guys on blackberry OS 10 using Android Slack are receiving push notifications? Because I have the same problem as OP describes but on my z10. Will appreciate the feedback. Thanks.
    11-12-15 05:21 PM
    Same issue here with Slack on my Priv. Slack seems to have some more fine-grained mobile push controls in their user settings such as to only send after a period of inactivity on desktop etc. I do have an iPad with Slack installed that's receiving push notifications correctly. I wonder if that has something to do with it (although that would seem to be the wrong behaviour for the app to exhibit)?
    11-12-15 05:40 PM
    Sorry for some kind of off topic, however, I'm using Slack app from Play store on my z10 and was wondering if other guys on blackberry OS 10 using Android Slack are receiving push notifications? Because I have the same problem as OP describes but on my z10. Will appreciate the feedback. Thanks.
    The Z10 does not have access to Google Cloud Messaging so you definitely won't get push on that device.

11-12-15 05:46 PM
    Same issue here with Slack on my Priv. Slack seems to have some more fine-grained mobile push controls in their user settings such as to only send after a period of inactivity on desktop etc. I do have an iPad with Slack installed that's receiving push notifications correctly. I wonder if that has something to do with it (although that would seem to be the wrong behaviour for the app to exhibit)?
    Yeah I have the iPad and push notifications are working for it as well. Hmmm
    11-12-15 07:20 PM
    The Z10 does not have access to Google Cloud Messaging so you definitely won't get push on that device.

Is it only on z10 or on nay other blackberry 10 device? I assume it's the same with all blackberry 10 OS devices!?
    11-13-15 02:03 AM
    So Slack got back to me and they are actively working on a fix now.

Oh apologies for that, you�re right the BlackBerry Priv runs full Google Play Services.*
    We've taken a closer look into this and we�re terribly sorry again for the trouble with the notifications. I'm afraid that we've identified this as a bug in the Android app that is currently preventing notifications from being sent to Blackberry Priv devices. Our Android team is currently working to give it a good squash. I'll keep you in the loop and let you know as soon as I receive word that this issue has been resolved. So sorry again for the trouble this causes at present. Thanks in advance for your patience with us on this.

pkcable, mmmac and xtremesniper like this.
    11-13-15 05:52 AM
    So Slack got back to me and they are actively working on a fix now.

Oh apologies for that, you’re right the BlackBerry Priv runs full Google Play Services.*
    We've taken a closer look into this and we’re terribly sorry again for the trouble with the notifications. I'm afraid that we've identified this as a bug in the Android app that is currently preventing notifications from being sent to Blackberry Priv devices. Our Android team is currently working to give it a good squash. I'll keep you in the loop and let you know as soon as I receive word that this issue has been resolved. So sorry again for the trouble this causes at present. Thanks in advance for your patience with us on this.

Thanks for following up! I have marked your thread as a Q&A for our database in case someone else is searching for the same issue.

Lets hope they fix this bug quickly!
    11-13-15 08:08 AM
    Awesome! Good job. Can't wait to see the Priv mentioned in their whacky release notes.
    11-13-15 09:54 AM
    I've submitted a request for them to fix the bug too. My friend is running a Priv and we couldn't get the notifications working.

On a side note, I'm still a little bummed out that the two Native Apps S10 and Coterie never figured out how to get the notifications working for us folks running on BB10. I'm thinking of upgrading to the Priv within a year, but without Slack it's a show stopper. Unfortunately my work has standardized on Slack as a communication tool internally.
    11-17-15 09:08 AM
    I contacted Slack support and they have a preliminary fix in their latest beta release, so the update should make it to all soon!
    11-17-15 11:23 AM
    11-17-15 09:45 PM