I'm using Google messenger and haven't tried anything else except VZ Messenger

Thanks
    Last edited by Gray; 10-27-16 at 09:28 PM.
    10-27-16 04:01 PM
    I use Yaata. I was using the messenger from Google but it gave me issues with group text so I checked here and someone recommend Yaata and I've been using it ever since. I like it because you can customize everything if you get the premium version, which I did, and I really love it.
    10-27-16 04:31 PM
    I'm wondering if anyone has tapped Facebook Messenger for their texting needs. A couple of months ago FB Messenger started asking me to use the app for ALL my messaging needs (SMS, MMS, IM), and it seems logical, but I don't think I trust FB enough, heh.
    10-27-16 04:55 PM
    I've been using Facebook for Messenger and SMS for about a month now - I was with an Xperia up until last week when I got myself a Priv.

Hangouts is Google's version but to be honest, WhatsApp and Messenger are what everyone uses these days.

Utilise the Hub for a better personalised experience.
    10-27-16 05:09 PM
    I use Textra. Very customizable. I like that you can share contacts through it. You can also hit "enter" to send.
    10-27-16 05:31 PM
    Textra
    10-27-16 05:54 PM
    Textra is my choice as well.
    Very customizable and integrates pretty well into the hub.
    10-27-16 06:47 PM
    I'm using Google messenger and haven't tried anything else.

Thanks
    Why aren't you using Verizon Messages? It should have been pre-installed on your Verizon Priv.
    10-27-16 06:56 PM
    I've been using the stock Google Messenger app since launch and it has performed up to my expectations for SMS and MMS messaging.

I also use WhatsApp and BBM and they also perform well too.

Bob
    10-27-16 07:21 PM
    Just the simple Verizon one.
    10-27-16 07:59 PM
    With Yaata you can also hit "enter" to send. It does integrate well with Hub except for the group text that you can't open through the Hub, you must open application to do that. Other than that it works well.... I'll try the Textra to see if I like it. Messenger I tried using but didn't like at all...
    10-27-16 08:00 PM
    I'm wondering if anyone has tapped Facebook Messenger for their texting needs. A couple of months ago FB Messenger started asking me to use the app for ALL my messaging needs (SMS, MMS, IM), and it seems logical, but I don't think I trust FB enough, heh.
    I have used Google Messenger, Textra, and now have been using FB messenger for about a month now.

Facebook does say that SMS and Mms do not touch their servers. I love the idea of chat heads, but Textra definitely wins in the realm of customization, but I do have a few group chats through FB messenger and it's nice to have all of those in line with each other. I have a feeling when the small things about FB messenger that I wish I could change get on my nerves enough, I'll go back to Textra, but there's just something about those chat heads.
    bigedschukar likes this.
    10-27-16 08:37 PM
    On Yaata you also use chat heads if you want. I don't like it too much myself but I use it too.
    10-27-16 09:16 PM
    I use an old version of Textra from about 3 years ago.

Posted w/ BlackBerry Classic
    10-27-16 09:17 PM
    I was using Verizon Messanger but wondered what other people were using. VZ messenger is good but I'm curious to try something else.
    10-27-16 09:26 PM
    I was using Verizon Messanger but wondered what other people were using. VZ messenger is good but I'm curious to try something else.
    VZ Messenger is good. It has a Driving Mode and customizable Auto Replies, Signature, and other features. What I wish it had is a Blocking Mode.
    10-27-16 10:42 PM
    GO SMS served me well for several years:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.jb.gosms

Now I use SMS so rarely that the preinstalled app is just fine.
    10-28-16 01:51 AM
    Miscommunication. I thought you said you were using Google messenger.
    10-28-16 03:07 AM
    Been using Yaata since I got my Priv on launch via AT+T

Stock sms didn't work well for me. I couldn't get used to not being able to send using enter. And I like having dark theme

Yaata is very customizable. I did try Textra @ beginning and it does work pretty well, but at that time Yaata was a bit more to my liking.

The features I use most on Yaata. 1) enter to send. 2) customized ringtones and LED per contact. 3) set to read text out loud ( I use the 'when connected to Bluetooth or headset' option.
    10-28-16 04:29 AM
    Textra and Yaata are both good, I settled on Yaata because it will announce who the text is from in my Bluetooth, it has the option to read the text itself, but I didn't like that. Both can be set to send with enter button, but don't understand why. I like the option of using enter to start new line, and send button is just as convenient
    Yaata has the edge on customization, you can even set a wallpaper, though using it in Hub kinda makes that pointless. Both have a dark theme. Yaata will let you set custom vibrations and/or ring tones for individuals, not sure if Textra does that. Custom alerts are also kinda pointless for me since the Bluetooth tells me who it's from.
    I've had no issues with group SMS or MMS with Yaata with Hub.
    10-28-16 07:30 AM
    I'm using Google messenger and haven't tried anything else except VZ Messenger

Thanks
    Textra
    Efficient another fast!!!
    10-28-16 12:48 PM
    I like Textra so much that I bought it just to support the developer
    10-28-16 02:26 PM
    I am quite happy with the native Google Messenger. I also use BBM. It really works well cross platform and love the video calling feature.
    10-28-16 02:40 PM
    With Yaata you can also hit "enter" to send. It does integrate well with Hub except for the group text that you can't open through the Hub, you must open application to do that. Other than that it works well.... I'll try the Textra to see if I like it. Messenger I tried using but didn't like at all...
    Textra is a nice Text Messaging App. You will love it.
    10-29-16 10:12 PM
    I am using Yaata. So far so good.
    10-29-16 10:50 PM