I have researched a great deal and keep coming back to the Seidio Surface case for my BlackBerry Priv. I've used Seidio cases on all by BlackBerry phones and I've had all the flagship phones for many years.

The Seidio Surface combo with the belt clip is my ideal case, no two ways about it. For my needs, there's nothing else that comes even close. I like the protection when I drop the phone and I need the belt clip for access. The design and quality are almost flawless.

The one issue I keep having (besides once getting one with buttons that wouldn't work properly) is that after I remove the front part from the slider a few times to access the SD card, the front part starts popping off of the slider very easily and very frequently at the top and I have to snap it back into place. This gets really annoying and distracting when it ends up being a few times a day or even more frequent than that, which has been my experience. And it only takes a few times of removing it to access the SD card for this to start happening. (I'm very good with mechanical things and am certainly not bending this front part of the case in any unusual ways to snap it on and off when I remove it.)

Any chance anyone here is knowledgeable about plastic materials like this and can recommend a way to get it to stay in place better? I'm thinking maybe using mild heat to bend it so the sides that fit into the rails are bowed inwardly to stay on the rails better?

It sucks that this essential piece of equipment is ideal except for this one major flaw, which has persisted for me so far through three purchases of it. (I was about to go buy another one on Amazon just now and saw that the last one I bought was two months ago. This is getting ridiculous.)

I'm not optimistic there will be a solution but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks!
    11-25-16 03:35 PM
    Glue

Posted via CB10
    11-25-16 04:09 PM
    I have researched a great deal and keep coming back to the Seidio Surface case for my BlackBerry Priv. I've used Seidio cases on all by BlackBerry phones and I've had all the flagship phones for many years.

The Seidio Surface combo with the belt clip is my ideal case, no two ways about it. For my needs, there's nothing else that comes even close. I like the protection when I drop the phone and I need the belt clip for access. The design and quality are almost flawless.

The one issue I keep having (besides once getting one with buttons that wouldn't work properly) is that after I remove the front part from the slider a few times to access the SD card, the front part starts popping off of the slider very easily and very frequently at the top and I have to snap it back into place. This gets really annoying and distracting when it ends up being a few times a day or even more frequent than that, which has been my experience. And it only takes a few times of removing it to access the SD card for this to start happening. (I'm very good with mechanical things and am certainly not bending this front part of the case in any unusual ways to snap it on and off when I remove it.)

Any chance anyone here is knowledgeable about plastic materials like this and can recommend a way to get it to stay in place better? I'm thinking maybe using mild heat to bend it so the sides that fit into the rails are bowed inwardly to stay on the rails better?

It sucks that this essential piece of equipment is ideal except for this one major flaw, which has persisted for me so far through three purchases of it. (I was about to go buy another one on Amazon just now and saw that the last one I bought was two months ago. This is getting ridiculous.)

I'm not optimistic there will be a solution but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

Thanks!
    Well I guess it begs the question, why are you constantly taking your SD card out?
    11-25-16 06:21 PM
    I've been considering cutting a notch for the SD slot, there's nothing there that makes the case stay on, and it would only make a minuscule difference to protection. Actually started to do so, but damn, that plastic is tough! Haven't gotten around to breaking out the Dremell yet.
    I also pull the top piece off more from the side, so haven't run into that problem.
    11-25-16 06:36 PM
    Verizon sells a case similar to the Surface.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12665876
    Post # 282
    But it lacks a sleep magnet, has no top/bottom protection, and I really don't like the way it latches into the holster.
    11-25-16 06:44 PM
    Well I guess it begs the question, why are you constantly taking your SD card out?
    Your computer or phone has a glitch in it. I wrote "a few times" twice in my post and your screen somehow displayed the word "constantly" for you. You might want to look into that.

The reason I removed it "a few times" was simply because it's a new, larger card, and I initially put it in the phone before I had a chance to put a lot of my music on it -- and I was laboring under the belief that my USB 3.0 card reader will work must faster than a USB cable to the device itself.

Then I encountered an issue with not being able to copy files from the card using the card reader and had to get into a little troubleshooting by trying it various ways.
    11-25-16 07:32 PM
    I've been considering cutting a notch for the SD slot, there's nothing there that makes the case stay on, and it would only make a minuscule difference to protection. Actually started to do so, but damn, that plastic is tough! Haven't gotten around to breaking out the Dremell yet.
    I also pull the top piece off more from the side, so haven't run into that problem.
    Thanks but the idea of maligning the sleek, classy look of my Priv with its Seidio Surface case seems just ghastly to me. And I'm not expecting to be removing the card often anyway. I'd rather do my thing with the card until I no longer expect to be having to remove it (much) and then buy a new Surface case and hope for the best. (The newest BlackBerry driver for the computer to work with MM seems to really make USB transfers with the card in the device pretty fast and sweet, actually.)
    11-25-16 07:39 PM
    Verizon sells a case similar to the Surface.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...l#post12665876
    Post # 282
    But it lacks a sleep magnet, has no top/bottom protection, and I really don't like the way it latches into the holster.
    Thanks for the advice. I bought it and tried it out as soon as s got the Priv, but returned it the next day. The Seidio Surface is really ideal in almost every way for my taste and purposes.
    11-25-16 07:40 PM
    Your computer or phone has a glitch in it. I wrote "a few times" twice in my post and your screen somehow displayed the word "constantly" for you. You might want to look into that.

The reason I removed it "a few times" was simply because it's a new, larger card, and I initially put it in the phone before I had a chance to put a lot of my music on it -- and I was laboring under the belief that my USB 3.0 card reader will work must faster than a USB cable to the device itself.

Then I encountered an issue with not being able to copy files from the card using the card reader and had to get into a little troubleshooting by trying it various ways.
    Yeah. It's that goll darn auto correct.
    11-25-16 09:21 PM
    Thanks but the idea of maligning the sleek, classy look of my Priv with its Seidio Surface case seems just ghastly to me.
    Been running mine for 9 months, give or take, so the case is scratched and scraped anyway. Fortunately the Seidio wears it's scars well. There's a whole lot of cases that look much better when new, but none that look as good a year later. If the other cases even last a year.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    11-25-16 09:24 PM

I have been following that thread. I didn't realize that was you. If you haven't figured that issue out, you may want to keep the case off until you do. If you really need the case on, perhaps you should buy a couple more Seido cases.
    11-25-16 09:24 PM
    buy a couple more Seido cases.
    Or break the Dremell out.
    11-25-16 09:35 PM
    When the h___ did I become a 'Crackberry Genius'? I don't remember being promoted.
    And definitely don't rank that title as applies to smart phones.
    11-25-16 09:40 PM
    When the h___ did I become a 'Crackberry Genius'? I don't remember being promoted.
    And definitely don't rank that title as applies to smart phones.
    It comes naturally with old age and too many posts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats!
    11-25-16 10:40 PM
    I have been following that thread. I didn't realize that was you. If you haven't figured that issue out, you may want to keep the case off until you do. If you really need the case on, perhaps you should buy a couple more Seido cases.
    It's my OCD nature to want to nail down the issue, so I probably will have it in and out a few more times. Which means, yes, you're probably right -- I should probably go order one (or more) of those cases right away so I'm prepared once I finally resolve that issue with the card.
    misterabrasive likes this.
    11-25-16 11:01 PM