Many here have said that the market for secure Android devices aren't big enough for BB to make any money. Then why is the upcoming new LG V10 going to be released with LG GATE to bring enterprise-level security to the smartphone. LG GATE meets US Federal Government Standard with FIPS 140-2 Certification, and meets AES-256 standards. Same certs that are on the BB10.

LG GATE brings enterprise security to the LG V10 | Android Central

This is in addition to Blackphone 2, or Android M's new (or the return of) granular permissions..... there are others I know I've missed.
    10-09-15 01:39 PM
    This looks like LG's in-house MDM solution. More like they are pre-installing the client rather than the device has been modified like the Priv with grsecurity, then on top you add Good or BES.

Enhanced Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync | LG USA
    10-09-15 02:25 PM
    Many here have said that the market for secure Android devices aren't big enough for BB to make any money. Then why is the upcoming new LG V10 going to be released with LG GATE to bring enterprise-level security to the smartphone. LG GATE meets US Federal Government Standard with FIPS 140-2 Certification, and meets AES-256 standards. Same certs that are on the BB10.

LG GATE brings enterprise security to the LG V10 | Android Central

This is in addition to Blackphone 2, or Android M's new (or the return of) granular permissions..... there are others I know I've missed.
    Is the enterprise grade the same as the [shameless term,] military grade?
    10-09-15 04:36 PM
    its got fips which is better for govt approvals and such. There aren't that many android that gets fips certification and such so they are try to steal some of sammys money for the most part I think.
    10-09-15 05:55 PM
    Wow for a majority of people who don't view security as a concern, smartphone makers are sure capitalizing on offering secure devices all of a sudden.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 07:35 PM
    Majority of consumers give rats as$ about security. Young generation share their entire life on social media and don't want privacy or security.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-15 11:09 PM
    Majority of consumers give rats as$ about security. Young generation share their entire life on social media and don't want privacy or security.

Posted via CB10
    I don't think it's just the young ones. I think it's people in general. Some people will just buy a phone and not know anything about it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    10-09-15 11:34 PM
    Wow for a majority of people who don't view security as a concern, smartphone makers are sure capitalizing on offering secure devices all of a sudden.
    A reasonable degree of device security is always welcome, I believe. It's a value-added feature IMHO: tick the other major wants, and, oh, by the way, our device is also rated for secure environments too.

Same reasoning as with the Samsung keyboard accessory... go after your main target, and make your product attractive to a few more at the same time.

Samsung better keep an eye out for LG.
    10-09-15 11:44 PM
    LG should release webOS as their secure market phone.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 05:57 AM

Posted via CB10
    And... as more do, it will become easier to chose the secure option, so more people will come to expect it.

Sort of like how we shifted from only expecting ssl/tls (https) on bank/shopping websites, to... now expecting it on everything. As data speeds and browsers improved, the overhead added by it became a non-issue compared to its advantages... so, why not?

As all these security and privacy protection things become more affordable, available and--most importantly--less dependent on sacrifices by the user,.. they will become an expected standard feature.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 06:38 AM
    Exactly!
    10-10-15 08:44 AM
    I don't think it's just the young ones. I think it's people in general. Some people will just buy a phone and not know anything about it.
    I am in the older category and I will be completely honest and admit that I dont really care about security. What exactly will be more secure in a BB than my Nexus 6 right now? I already am unphased about changing my credit card numbers whenever theres an alert that its been stolen. If someone wants to see what websites I visit on my phone, I dont really care. My emails are nothing exciting, personal or work. So what really is important about security?

Im asking not sarcastically, but seriously. If I worked for the government and was transmitting information based on what civilians are actually spies or for a financial firm that has insider information I could understand. Help me with why I want a more encrypted device as a boring human being?
    10-10-15 10:26 AM
    Nothing much really. It can be overrated. Credit card info is probably the biggest risk. So I make all my purchases on a PC not on my phone. And I don't really buy a lot of stuff anymore.
    10-10-15 10:31 AM
    I am in the older category and I will be completely honest and admit that I dont really care about security. What exactly will be more secure in a BB than my Nexus 6 right now? I already am unphased about changing my credit card numbers whenever theres an alert that its been stolen. If someone wants to see what websites I visit on my phone, I dont really care. My emails are nothing exciting, personal or work. So what really is important about security?

Im asking not sarcastically, but seriously. If I worked for the government and was transmitting information based on what civilians are actually spies or for a financial firm that has insider information I could understand. Help me with why I want a more encrypted device as a boring human being?
    I guess it's not an issue, until it becomes an issue.

For example, it doesn't really matter if it's know that I have disease A, or visit tree-hugger sites, or spend too much time on CrackBerry,..

Until someone decides against extending a job offer, loan, lease, service, travel visa, pet adoption,.. etc etc. Based on that information.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 11:05 AM
    And with MDM you really don't "need" a client.. and any system center shop that you have your exchange linked to can remote wipe you phone as needed.

After sitting through some MDM info sessions, I see a hard sell for BES

Posted via CB10
    10-10-15 11:16 AM
    Here's another player on the "Secure" phone market:
    Archos Enters The Niche 'Secure Phone' Market With The $850 GranitePhone

How many mid-level spec'ed, high end price secure phones can the market support?
    10-10-15 07:15 PM

I agree with you. I'm just saying some people aren't very aware of what phones will do in terms of security.

Hell I had a guy who didn't know how to put things in folders or how to drag something from the app drawer and place it on his home scree. He was pretty clueless I can't blame the guy, my dad is the same way.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
    10-11-15 01:15 AM
    LG should release webOS as their secure market phone.

Posted via CB10
    I love webOS, but for its design and hack-ability. Since homebrew devs can change (seemingly) everything in the OS via patches, and the original system required users to have a cloud-based profile on Palm/HP servers (I don't know if LG has continued this on their smart TVs), it would require some substantial changes to lock down and ensure user privacy. On the other hand, since the system is Linux based, you could likely lock it down pretty hard if you made that choice. It certainly wouldn't be the same experience though.
    10-11-15 07:55 AM