https://www.androidpit.com/5-reasons...lackberry-priv

This guy wants one Now! Seems quite impressed and can't wait to get a Priv.
    11-02-15 06:21 AM
    Well just need to find a few more of them....

Sadly Google Trends indicates that the PRIV is still pretty much an unknown device.
    11-02-15 08:01 AM
    I'm right there with you. I've been a long time Android user but recently went on a crazy phone spree. I went from a Nexus 6 (one line) to A BB Passport (original one line), a Microsoft 640 (added a second line), and put my Nexus 6 on Project Fi (Third line).

As much as I love the BB Passport I'm so stuck in the apps of Android. Many of the BB things irk me like the mapping app and such are poo compared to Google's implementation. However the Passport has been my go to phone. As soon as I heard about the PRIV I started looking into it. I'm excited to see the BB PRIV close the gap between BB Hardware and Google Software... I only hope that the PRIV does well enough that Chen doesn't kill the BB hardware lineup.
    11-02-15 10:05 AM
    Well just need to find a few more of them....

Sadly Google Trends indicates that the PRIV is still pretty much an unknown device.
    Wait until the reviews come in. We've been relying on leaks and a few minimal videos from BlackBerry and Carphone Warehouse. I'm strongly convinced you'll then see a huge uptick in the trending as the device becomes more known.

BlackBerry does have to push that this runs full Android. I'm sure the reviewers will all headline with "BlackBerry's first Android" or something similar. I'd give it a week or so before making conclusions just yet.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 10:37 AM
    Wait until the reviews come in. We've been relying on leaks and a few minimal videos from BlackBerry and Carphone Warehouse. I'm strongly convinced you'll then see a huge uptick in the trending as the device becomes more known.

BlackBerry does have to push that this runs full Android. I'm sure the reviewers will all headline with "BlackBerry's first Android" or something similar. I'd give it a week or so before making conclusions just yet.

Posted via CB10
    That's the problem... BlackBerry is allowing people to draw conclusions.

Why not launch and then do pre-orders?
    Why put out official specs, images and videos?
    Why have so many devices out there?

I bet you more than one reviewer had gone back and changed their initial review....
    11-02-15 11:03 AM
    That's the problem... BlackBerry is allowing people to draw conclusions.

Why not launch and then do pre-orders?
    Why put out official specs, images and videos?
    Why have so many devices out there?

I bet you more than one reviewer had gone back and changed their initial review....
    I'm as surprised as you that the device is landing in consumer hands and available from various outlets this Friday and there is yet to be a review. Someone here had said the NDA was over Nov 2nd, but not sure if that was pulled out of thin air.

I hope that the reviews are positive overall. Even with reviewers possibly having the device for much longer than needed to do a hands on review.

Of course, the usual ones, that are paid by advertising from Apple, will hate or at least put it behind the iPhone regardless of what BlackBerry releases anyway.

As soon as the reviews and hands on come in, I'm confident the trends you're following on Google will outpace the Passport; if not... that's definitely not going to be a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 12:15 PM
    I'm as surprised as you that the device is landing in consumer hands and available from various outlets this Friday and there is yet to be a review. Someone here had said the NDA was over Nov 2nd, but not sure if that was pulled out of thin air.

I hope that the reviews are positive overall. Even with reviewers possibly having the device for much longer than needed to do a hands on review.

Of course, the usual ones, that are paid by advertising from Apple, will hate or at least put it behind the iPhone regardless of what BlackBerry releases anyway.

As soon as the reviews and hands on come in, I'm confident the trends you're following on Google will outpace the Passport; if not... that's definitely not going to be a good thing.

Posted via CB10
    The reviews aren't going to increase awareness among consumers. That will take REAL advertising.....
    11-02-15 01:04 PM
    The reviews aren't going to increase awareness among consumers. That will take REAL advertising.....
    BlackBerry is advertising and Beard just stated they're planning to advertise throughout the holiday season rather than frontload it all. Not much, but my mother and I both received an email about the Priv from BlackBerry. Neither of us signed up for anything about the device and neither of us have ever received anything about the Classic, Leap, Passport, etc.

I also still have a bunch of Priv ads following me on every website I'm on lol. So there is some stuff in place. I think you are disregarding the amount of awareness all of the reviews and comparisons will bring to the Priv.

Every tech site will review it and surely compare to other Android devices as well as rank them (some). This in itself will greatly increase awareness. Right now, we have a feature video from BlackBerry themselves, a video from Carphone Warehouse, and a just popped up today video from AT&T. Not much as far as the Internet as a whole is concerned.

Once every tech site and blog is allowed to post their thoughts the internet awareness will increase significantly. I agree some real advertising would of course increase awareness, but I'm not discounting all of the reviews, comparisons, articles that will also get people talking about the device.

I think it's at least time for that. I'd like to see BlackBerry market this device smart and not spend too much of their cash on straight advertising though. We'll see how it all unfolds.

Posted via CB10
    11-02-15 01:37 PM