When we get an monthly Security update (usually 150 mbyte or so), does that generally overwrite existing code, so that the OS size does not increase much, or is it (mostly) a byte for byte increase in the OS size, or somewhere in between? I got asked that recently, and I gave the asker the "dumb look" admitting that I didn't know the answer.
    02-15-17 04:31 PM
    When we get an monthly Security update (usually 150 mbyte or so), does that generally overwrite existing code, so that the OS size does not increase much, or is it (mostly) a byte for byte increase in the OS size, or somewhere in between? I got asked that recently, and I gave the asker the "dumb look" admitting that I didn't know the answer.
    It will add, subtract, or replace depending on what the upgrade entails. It will always replace existing code if it's updating existing functions, but the size of the code block will always vary depending on how many lines of code there actually are. If you ever ever updated or upgraded any other OS you're already used to this.
    hamilgs likes this.
    02-15-17 04:35 PM