So this is yet another theory thread, but hear me out.

Could the Venice simply be a modified version of a KNOX workspace only device?

Anyone using BES12 knows that you can activate a Samsung device in KNOX workspace only mode - securing the applications within the KNOX environment. Further, you can deploy the Play Store within the KNOX workspace to enable downloading of applications etc.

Could it be that BlackBerry's partnership with Samsung has resulted in a device which runs a containerised KNOX platform out-of-the-box, with added custom applications (hub, keyboard etc) plus Google Play Store on tap within the container?

If BlackBerry and Samsung worked together on the device manufacturing, then KNOX could retain hardware-level security - and judging from that curved screen, it's quite possible that this is a Samsung partnership device.

Could KNOX be the answer to BlackBerry's "Android Secured"?

I'm open to comments, rebuttals. After all, it's just a theory to be discussed
    08-30-15 10:20 PM
    Knox is just a highly integrated container for the work side. With the slider they are going the 'android for work' as Knox only runs on Samsung hardware and need special rom design.

I do not have any problems with Blackberry getting the work side 'secure'... but what a about the private side? Will it be pure Android with all its 'problems'?

Let's wait and see.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 12:02 AM
    Knox only runs on Samsung hardware and need special rom design.
    Exactly my point - if BlackBerry are collaborating with Samsung on the Slider.
    08-31-15 12:40 AM
    It's BlackBerry on Android on QNX.
    08-31-15 06:12 AM
    No. As I am informed it is nativ Android with BlackBerry experience suite and Android for work with special hardware integration. No qnx. No bb10.

That is the information I got from a source within BlackBerry as a very large BlackBerry customer. Maybe wrong. But I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-15 06:49 AM
    No. As I am informed it is nativ Android with BlackBerry experience suite and Android for work with special hardware integration. No qnx. No bb10.

That is the information I got from a source within BlackBerry as a very large BlackBerry customer. Maybe wrong. But I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    You're going to make many people sad.
    08-31-15 06:59 AM
    You're going to make many people sad.
    I am sorry. The world is like it is. And in this case it follows Ockhams Law. I have / had other wishes for BB10. But it is as it is.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-31-15 01:04 PM
    I am sorry. The world is like it is. And in this case it follows Ockhams Law. I have / had other wishes for BB10. But it is as it is.

Posted via CB10
    Yet another great OS with a big possibility of extinction :'(
    I remember the day when they discontinued webOS but then quickly my pain was eased with BB10 shortly after. I really enjoy every aspect of BB10 and I morn the future of smartphones in a post BB10 world
    08-31-15 03:21 PM
    Yet another great OS with a big possibility of extinction :'(
    I doubt BB10 is going anywhere. Even if BlackBerry ventures into Android territory, I highly suspect the BB10 line will continue as long as there is a market. Keep buying BB10, and it will stay around.
    08-31-15 06:01 PM
    From your mouth to the gates of heavens
    08-31-15 06:57 PM
    Considering that BlackBerry is mainly in the hardware business now in order to support software sales and services to enterprise customers, what will be included in the consumer version is likely to be pretty basic with perhaps an optional subscription.
    08-31-15 07:49 PM
    I doubt BB10 is going anywhere. Even if BlackBerry ventures into Android territory, I highly suspect the BB10 line will continue as long as there is a market. Keep buying BB10, and it will stay around.
    Yes you can. But do not aspect new features or an updated android runtime. And of course no new apps. Just security and bug fixes.

Posted via CB10
    09-01-15 07:29 AM