How can I uninstall this bloomin app from my priv. I've tried but it just goes back to their last update instead of removing completely.
    I'm getting tired of android trying to obtain all my personal info
    Does anyone know how to remove?

Posted using my trusty BlackBerry
    09-25-16 12:30 PM
    You can't. It's a system app. You can only disable it.
    PhYJ likes this.
    09-25-16 01:40 PM
    Just out of interest why do you want to remove the app?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-25-16 04:24 PM

Kinda what I was wondering as well. As long as you never open it, not like it's doing anything.
    09-25-16 04:49 PM
    Kinda what I was wondering as well. As long as you never open it, not like it's doing anything.
    I use a banking app as my bank doesn't support android pay and it's not like it defaults to Android pay when paying.

09-25-16 08:48 PM
    How can I uninstall this bloomin app from my priv. I've tried but it just goes back to their last update instead of removing completely.

If you're "tired" of android trying to get all your info, why did you buy an Android device in the first place? Google's business model is to mine data from it's users to sell ads.

So it's like you're going to a disco, and complaining that the music is too loud... maybe you should go somewere else
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    09-25-16 09:46 PM
    Lol. Joao, which options he seriously have? Wphone? No pkb, dunno about data grabbing.
    Apple? No pkb. Data grabbing
    BlackBerry OS10. Death

Growingsidewayz has a good point. This is a "Priv". Privacy???

Would prefer BlackBerry goes non play store like other vendors and eliminate the whole google thing. If you want to add later, up to you.
    09-26-16 03:06 AM
    Lol. Joao, which options he seriously have? Wphone? No pkb, dunno about data grabbing.
    Apple? No pkb. Data grabbing
    BlackBerry OS10. Death

Growingsidewayz has a good point. This is a "Priv". Privacy???

Would prefer BlackBerry goes non play store like other vendors and eliminate the whole google thing. If you want to add later, up to you.
    Oneday... maybe DTEK will be able to tell you what each app/process is, what it is needed for and if you want to disable it from accessing some features that you don't want it to access (and the app still work, more or less).

BlackBerry already went the "non play store" route... and that didn't work out too well for them. Thanks to SNAP and Cobalt most BB10 users were able to add it later if the wanted too.... but that didn't help those that were using corporate devcies that didn't allow installing from unknown sources or those without simple tech abilities. The market for smartphones without access to Apple's App Store or Google's Play Store.... is very limited, and probably not viable in the long run. Sure wasn't for BlackBerry.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    09-26-16 11:20 AM

Why not get a Google Apps for Work account for the company that is YOU? Then, all your data from Google Apps and Services remains YOURS. All you need is a domain name, some patience and a bit of money... I switched to it and I think it is worth the few euros / dollars you have to pay for it...
    09-26-16 11:46 AM
    Was not thinking of the BB10 way. More the Chinese way. Lot's of Xiaomi and other Chinese brands I see around as private phones of fellow workers. None of them had issues of adding the play store, even from the xiaomi store or whatever it is called. Without play store it is still a full blown android only no google. Isn't the Amazon model like this either?

BB10 is BB10, not full blown Android.
    09-26-16 01:13 PM
    Was not thinking of the BB10 way. More the Chinese way. Lot's of Xiaomi and other Chinese brands I see around as private phones of fellow workers. None of them had issues of adding the play store, even from the xiaomi store or whatever it is called. Without play store it is still a full blown android only no google. Isn't the Amazon model like this either?
    The Chinese phones you are talking about aren't LEGALLY installing a licensed version of Google Play - but as those companies are in China, and as China won't enforce the rules, they get away with it. And Google isn't going to bother to fight them considering that China blocks access to Google's services anyway (for users in China) - to force their people to use services that the Chinese government controls and can monitor.

BB, you might have noticed, isn't located in China, but rather in Canada. Canada enforces the rules, because they have a lot more to lose if they don't.

And Amazon's devices do not have Google Play nor do they have simple access to install it. Yes, it CAN be done, but it's well beyond the capabilities of 99+% of Amazon's customers. That's one of the reasons why Amazon's phone attempts have been massive fails.
    09-26-16 04:10 PM
    Thanks Troy. Didnt't catch the Xiaomi store way is an illegal one before. Even if Google would bother, goodluck taking a Chinese company to a Chinese court.

So BlackBerry is stuck. If no Playstore 99+ will not buy your phone. If Playstore BlackBerry "Priv" is not Private at all.

Or. Seems every Andoid phone is caught in the google data collection trap by default.
    09-27-16 12:35 AM
    Seems every Andoid phone is caught in the google data collection trap by default
    Android IS Google
    09-27-16 07:21 AM
    It doesnt force you to use it or put in your information
    Just disable it
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    09-27-16 11:54 AM

Im not really fond of having my card details on the phone especially on Android device. Still getting use to android and am concerned about security issues

Posted using my trusty BlackBerry Priv
    09-27-16 01:13 PM
    If you're "tired" of android trying to get all your info, why did you buy an Android device in the first place? Google's business model is to mine data from it's users to sell ads.

So it's like you're going to a disco, and complaining that the music is too loud... maybe you should go somewhere else
    Listen Mr disco analogy, I just wanted to know if my own personal choice could be accomplished... that was all.
    I love using blackberry phones so tried the Priv as it supposedly was nearly as secure as a Passport bb10 phone but many more apps were available. I'm just disappointed that Im exposed to Google account.

FF22 likes this.
    09-27-16 02:24 PM
    This triggers following question for me. Any place to get the Blackberry apps outside of the playstore?
    09-27-16 03:12 PM
    Listen Mr disco analogy, I just wanted to know if my own personal choice could be accomplished... that was all.
    I love using blackberry phones so tried the Priv as it supposedly was nearly as secure as a Passport bb10 phone but many more apps were available. I'm just disappointed that Im exposed to Google account.

What I said is as valid as it ever was. You should have done a bit more research before getting into a Android device.

The phone probably is very secure, but it's not really private. Google wouldn't let people use their services without having nothing in return
    09-27-16 03:47 PM
    Im not really fond of having my card details on the phone especially on Android device. Still getting use to android and am concerned about security issues

If you haven't used the app it will not have any card details in there.

Should be able to remove any cards if you wanted to.

09-28-16 07:28 AM
    What I said is as valid as it ever was. You should have done a bit more research before getting into a Android device.

The phone probably is very secure, but it's not really private. Google wouldn't let people use their services without having nothing in return
    Very valid if you buy a Nexus. However he bought a Blackberry. You know the company well known for security, privacy and whatever. They even do some marketing with that, recently for a rebadged Alcatel. That is also why you pay extra for the software (and some for the pkb) making the phone~ 50% more expensive.

Too bad though, only advertorial bla bla as the first thing a Priv does is letting you make an Playstore account which is required to get Blackberry updates. If the "Priv" statement would be true the least would be to have the oppertunity to download Blackbery updates directly from Blackberry so no google is required and not to promote Playstore. Any laywers here wanting to go for misrepresentation:-)

Well useless comments now I know. Blackberry retreated hardware yesterday and restreated OS somewhere last year with the last BB10 update.

So Google marketing bla bla and Apple marketing bla bla has done its work well which means from today on if you want a smartphone you are stuck with either an fruity datagrabber or an robotic datagrabber. Or carry around an old nokia without internet facilities. Great.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-29-16 02:52 AM
    If you don't use a Gmail address on your phone for account. Google is limited on what they see. In my case I'm using a outlook email address to sign in on my Google phone
    FF22 likes this.
    09-29-16 07:02 AM
    Very valid if you buy a Nexus. However he bought a Blackberry. You know the company well known for security, privacy and whatever. They even do some marketing with that, recently for a rebadged Alcatel. That is also why you pay extra for the software (and some for the pkb) making the phone~ 50% more expensive.

Too bad though, only advertorial bla bla as the first thing a Priv does is letting you make an Playstore account which is required to get Blackberry updates. If the "Priv" statement would be true the least would be to have the oppertunity to download Blackbery updates directly from Blackberry so no google is required and not to promote Playstore. Any laywers here wanting to go for misrepresentation:-)

Well useless comments now I know. Blackberry retreated hardware yesterday and restreated OS somewhere last year with the last BB10 update.

So Google marketing bla bla and Apple marketing bla bla has done its work well which means from today on if you want a smartphone you are stuck with either an fruity datagrabber or an robotic datagrabber. Or carry around an old nokia without internet facilities. Great.
    A lot of people talked about this when first rumours came to the surface about Android Blackberry. At least apple didn't bend to NSA or FBI "needs"
    09-29-16 09:41 AM
    Hello

My android pay is not working.... Amex have asked me to uninstall it and re install it....
    Can some one please shed some light? i cannot find uninstal... only disable..

having a real hard time here... your time and responses are all very much appreciated! thank you!
    07-27-17 05:57 PM
    Hello

My android pay is not working.... Amex have asked me to uninstall it and re install it....
    Can some one please shed some light? i cannot find uninstal... only disable..

having a real hard time here... your time and responses are all very much appreciated! thank you!
    It's a core Android app. Just hit the disable button, this will cause it to then ask you to replace it with the factory version, after which you can download the latest and update again.
    Wezard likes this.
    07-27-17 05:59 PM
    when i disble it... it then asks me if i want to uninstall it and i click ok and it then says uninstall unsuccessful...
    do you happen to know if this is normal? thanking you in advance...
    07-27-17 06:21 PM
30 12