My Verizon Priv seems to burn the battery much faster than my ShopBB Priv. They basically have the same apps but different carriers.

Here's screen captures from the Verizon. Unplugged around 7am and it is now 9:30pm

Android OS power consumption and Keep Awake time - normal?-screenshot_20170324-212756.jpg

Android OS power consumption and Keep Awake time - normal?-screenshot_20170324-212911.jpg
    03-24-17 11:35 PM
    Prob all that Verizon bloatware, not enough on each one to show, but added together, significant.
    And then there is the question of signal strength, if Verizon is giving you a bit less signal, it will use more battery.
    If I remember correctly your other Priv is TMo?
    Are the apps identical, and set up the same on both? that could also account for battery difference.
    bluesqueen23 likes this.
    03-25-17 09:40 AM
    Prob all that Verizon bloatware, not enough on each one to show, but added together, significant.
    And then there is the question of signal strength, if Verizon is giving you a bit less signal, it will use more battery.
    If I remember correctly your other Priv is TMo?
    Are the apps identical, and set up the same on both? that could also account for battery difference.
    Yes, the other Priv is on Tmobile and I THINK it has wifi calling.

That's the thing - Android OS is incredibly VAGUE. Is Verizon "signal strength" buried in there? I think that I have disabled most Verizon junk.

When I track a walk or hike or ski trip, Nogago Track definitely shows up and is usually the high battery user. That makes sense as it is using the gps and logging info in xx second intervals.

But Android OS is WHAT????

Pretty much both have the same apps. Actually, the Tmobile has two pedometer apps running whereas the Verizon only has one of those two.

Maybe I will turn off wifi calling on the tmobile and see what's up after a day.
    03-25-17 10:39 AM
    When an app wants to know where you are, it asks Android. When your battery stats are reported, it’s “Android” that used the battery to determine your location, not Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Waze, or whatever other geo-aware app you were using. Location awareness is just one example. We could talk about apps that use data from the barometer, pedometer, light sensor, magnetometer, etc,. but geo-location is probably the easiest to talk about to illustrate the concept.

Everything is behaving as it should be, but your battery report isn’t being as helpful as you’d like it to be. You want to know what apps are using more of your battery than you’d like them to, then put pressure on their developers to fix it, right? We’re not there just yet, and even with the advancements in battery reporting coming in Android 5.0 Lollipop, tracking down the power gobbling culprits isn’t quite as clear cut as we’d like it to be. Not yet anyway, but we’re making progress!

The above copied from here
    What are "Android OS" and "Android System" in my battery report? - Pocketnow
    Can't vouch for it's accuracy, but it makes sense in weird sort of way.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-25-17 11:21 AM
    Maybe Verizon is using too much power/resources tracking me or attaching me to their towers. I know the Track program battery usage shows up separately.

The pedometer program is the same on both and does NOT track or use gps - but some "metronome-like" sensor. While the Google Fit app can use gps, I have forbid it and only tracks steps and I only have it installed on the Tmobile/ShopBB Priv - not even on the Verizon one.

But, yes, I would love more specificity in what is captured in "Android OS."
    03-25-17 02:33 PM