I am using Priv in India, STV100-3, now running Android version 6.0.1, Build number AAJ043, any nougat update in near future.
    02-26-17 01:26 PM
    sometime after the KEYone release
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-26-17 01:52 PM
    Probably when Android 8 comes out then. LOL

I guess we will see it enter beta first.
    02-26-17 03:33 PM
    Or maybe they would like to move you to the KeyOne to get that Nougat!

Posted via CB10
    02-26-17 04:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    Blackberry confirmed to media a long time ago the Priv , and both DTek models would receive Nougat.

When? I'd guess in May sometime.
    newcollector and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-26-17 07:08 PM
    Blackberry confirmed to media a long time ago the Priv , and both DTek models would receive Nougat.

When? I'd guess in May sometime.
    Yes they did! I was joking a bit there.

But I would not be surprised if they let's a bit just the KeyOne with the last Nougat build.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-17 03:24 AM
    The Priv works really great with Marshmallow. Tremendous upgrade from Lollipop. As great as it works now, there are some features that come with Nougat that will make it even more awesome. Looking forward to it, but prefer a little later than sooner provided it helps BlackBerry smooth out the bug issues early Nougat adopter's face.
    nico2004, BionicKris and FF22 like this.
    02-27-17 02:38 PM
    The Priv works really great with Marshmallow. Tremendous upgrade from Lollipop. As great as it works now, there are some features that come with Nougat that will make it even more awesome. Looking forward to it, but prefer a little later than sooner provided it helps BlackBerry smooth out the bug issues early Nougat adopter's face.
    Couldn't agree more. I would wait for the kinks to be out first than jumping on the newest thing.
    02-27-17 06:01 PM

Posted via CB10
    I hate when companies do this. I get they want you to upgrade and buy the newest thing, but not everyone can do that. Older phones get left to rot because Android gets more resource heavy and companies would rather release a new device than optimize for the old ones.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-27-17 07:32 PM
    I hate when companies do this. I get they want you to upgrade and buy the newest thing, but not everyone can do that. Older phones get left to rot because Android gets more resource heavy and companies would rather release a new device than optimize for the old ones.
    But the priv has specs about same as ketone more or less... ram same, processor not much difference, priv should run N fine
    02-28-17 03:03 AM
    As has been stated, the company has confirmed that Nougat is coming to the Priv.
    bibbula likes this.
    02-28-17 06:25 AM
    As has been stated, the company has confirmed that Nougat is coming to the Priv.
    Any source to this?
    02-28-17 06:42 AM
    Any source to this?
    I will try to find it. Quite a while ago I read here that BlackBerry said it would happen.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    02-28-17 09:50 AM
    well, Bla1ze... izit gonna be or izit ain't ?
    02-28-17 10:00 AM
    BlackBerry's normal routine is to release new device with it (e.g. KeyOne) then afterwards release the next OS (e.g. Nougat) to the older devices.
    02-28-17 10:01 AM
    BlackBerry's normal routine is to release new device with it (e.g. KeyOne) then afterwards release the next OS (e.g. Nougat) to the older devices.
    Except with the PlayBook
    FF22 likes this.
    02-28-17 10:21 AM
    Been running Nougat for a few weeks on my 16 month old Droid... Nougat isn't exactly in the early adopter phase anymore. Have seen many with update issues... just don't think Android transitions as well as iOS. But a factory reset seems to fix most peoples issues.... from what I've seen on Android Central.
    02-28-17 11:59 AM
    Been running Nougat for a few weeks on my 16 month old Droid... Nougat isn't exactly in the early adopter phase anymore. Have seen many with update issues... just don't think Android transitions as well as iOS. But a factory reset seems to fix most peoples issues.... from what I've seen on Android Central.
    02-28-17 11:59 AM

Well, no worse than Samsung in that respect. My S7 Edge still hasn't received even a security patch newer than November, let alone Nougat. I don't expect to see Nougat until May.
    02-28-17 12:27 PM

Well, no worse than Samsung in that respect. My S7 Edge still hasn't received even a security patch newer than November, let alone Nougat. I don't expect to see Nougat until May.
    02-28-17 12:27 PM
    Is there an echo in here?😂
    bibbula and FF22 like this.
    02-28-17 12:51 PM
    My sister has an s7 with att and just got nougat a couple of days ago.. I actually found the update for her.. Looks smooth..
    02-28-17 06:09 PM
    Hope they release it early
    02-28-17 08:52 PM
    My sister has an s7 with att and just got nougat a couple of days ago.. I actually found the update for her.. Looks smooth..
    Samsung's overall handling of the updates for S7 devices has been atrocious. Stuff is being released with seemingly no rhyme or reason. I don't expect my device in Canada to receive an update for another 2-4 months.
    03-01-17 12:41 AM
    Samsung's overall handling of the updates for S7 devices has been atrocious. Stuff is being released with seemingly no rhyme or reason. I don't expect my device in Canada to receive an update for another 2-4 months.
    FWIW Priv did beat out S6 to Marshmallow. I guess it's wait and see, but I'm getting a negative vibe from the Beta forums, so have a few others.
    03-01-17 09:19 AM
34 12