Shouldn't by now BlackBerry hired some android experienced developers, I mean all due respect to the dev team, but, the way things are evolving on priv, there are too many issues, especially on device heating and being sluggish, the general public doesn't have time to sit and wipe and restore etc.., they will experience this and that's a negative in its self.

They should get some Android experienced devs, hire from Samsung or HTC.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-23-16 10:07 AM
    I disagree. My Priv has been excellent since launch, and the BlackBerry apps keep improving all the time. I give the team huge credit.
    06-23-16 10:27 AM
    Well I disagree to who disagrees. Each update resurrects the heat that has been solved on the previous update.
    06-23-16 10:36 AM
    I disagree. My Priv has been excellent since launch, and the BlackBerry apps keep improving all the time. I give the team huge credit.
    I'm not criticizing them, appreciate what they are doing, but there is no loss in bringing in help, companies acquire other companies just to bring in expertise, this is something they should consider that will help them.

06-23-16 10:43 AM
    on the newest update my widgets stopped working....beautiful widgets clock stopped updating, black media player no longer shows what song is on, my stock ticker no longer scrolls and I see this is a common problem by looking at the reviews in google play for the BB launcher. I love my priv but they need to fix this.
    06-23-16 10:47 AM
    I'm pretty sure they got Android developers waaaaaayy back when the possibility of moving to android was even discussed. They just need a little more time to iron things out, it is their first go at really mixing BlackBerry and android. My device has been pretty much perfect since the mm update.

And i am fairly new to android myself, but I'm pretty sure BlackBerry isn't the only Android vendor to have devices with issues, especially battery and heating.

06-23-16 01:25 PM
    Just go to another, better android. Priv is fail.
    06-23-16 01:32 PM
    I'd say this is an issue with your device, and is not consistent across all Privs. Mine has had none of these issues that you speak of. Are you sure your not just a BlackBerry hater trying to seed decent?

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv on Rogers Network.
    06-23-16 05:27 PM
    Just go to another, better android. Priv is fail.
    This^...

Priv isn't a complete fail, it's a learning experience, but, truth be told, there are far better Androids available... Priv isn't the worst Android out there, but it is nowhere near the best either... Hoping the 'midrange' devices do a little better and fair well among competitors... Hopefully BlackBerry has been taking notes... But I won't hold my breath... I'll purchase the next BlackBerry and just see where it falls, if they fail to improve than that is 100% on them... They have had more than enough time to craft it appropriately... If they don't it's simply because they got too sloppy and failed to listen/see what people, as whole, truly want... Poor development and marketing would be to blame... AGAIN... The "lather, rinse, repeat" cycle of modern BlackBerry's fate...

Posted via CB10
    06-23-16 05:37 PM
    I have a Priv without any problem and I am sure that it's same for the greatest majority of the phones sold around.
    However I am following the forums since years and it's the second time ( the first was when Z10 was launched )that I see so many different posts from various users about problems .
    So to my opinion is clear that this phone / OS , has far more problems than the average of the BlackBerry phones ever introduced in the market.
    06-23-16 05:53 PM
    on the newest update my widgets stopped working....beautiful widgets clock stopped updating, black media player no longer shows what song is on, my stock ticker no longer scrolls and I see this is a common problem by looking at the reviews in google play for the BB launcher. I love my priv but they need to fix this.
    Same for me , I am using only two widgets , calendar and weather and both have stopped working.
    I ended up by removing them from my home screen.
    06-23-16 05:55 PM
    I'm pretty sure they got Android developers waaaaaayy back when the possibility of moving to android was even discussed. They just need a little more time to iron things out, it is their first go at really mixing BlackBerry and android. My device has been pretty much perfect since the mm update.

And i am fairly new to android myself, but I'm pretty sure BlackBerry isn't the only Android vendor to have devices with issues, especially battery and heating.

I some how doubt it, it seems they are going through a learning curve, and this isn't something customers have patience for, when you are a new entry to a relatively mature eco-system.

06-24-16 02:24 AM
    Feel sorry for those that are having these issues on priv. With running Android 6.0 I feel like the Priv is the best phone I ever purchased.

Productivity via THE PRIV
    oldsoul123 and DolemiteDONS like this.
    06-24-16 02:42 AM
    I'm having problems AND it's the best phone ever. Other phones are technically better and run Android much smoother than the Priv...but the keyboard, the design, the front facing speaker....I just hope the fix the launcher
    DolemiteDONS and fanisk like this.
    06-24-16 11:45 PM
    BlackBerry is the best smartphone ever

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 12:46 AM
    I never liked android, the launcher is very stupid, phone dialer is very confusing, no file manager, slow camera, bulky phone, sluggish performance on low battery.

I just didn't like it. I wished I bought iPhone 6s or Samsung Galaxy edge (at least on samsung has a new launcher with great phone dialer).

06-25-16 03:39 AM
    Haven't had an issues with mine.

BlackBerry PRIV STV100-1 6.0.1
    Classic SQC100-1/10.3.2.2876
    06-25-16 03:48 AM
    Feel sorry for those that are having these issues on priv. With running Android 6.0 I feel like the Priv is the best phone I ever purchased.

Productivity via THE PRIV
    Me too. It's excellent, fast and battery lasts forever.

06-25-16 04:30 AM