Hi Cody,

IMHO, there's no point in trying to mimic the UI of the BB10 Hub. It's a losing battle; the BB10 crew will never be satisfied. I'm not being facetious, merely speaking the truth. Mine as well build on what you have, polish-it up, and let it have its own identity (although it's a pretty good experience already).

Check out Bluemail below. I really like how they use a drop-down menu to give you access to the most important functions of the app. They also have a dark mode (although I understand it's upcoming in the next Hub iteration). While different accounts are colour coded similarly to the Hub, I think I prefer to have the colour code as it is in the Hub (on the left side beside the email author). It's faster to make the connection between email author and account. Maybe my brain doesn't work as fast as others, but in Bluemail, I sometimes got confused between accounts in the Unified view; having the colour code on the right side requires me a head-shift/eye-shift to the right of the page to see which account the email is from. I know several other email clients do this as well. So keep the colour coding on the left beside the email author!

Cheers.

Android Email Clients Supporting Exchange Push - Some Notes Compared to Hub-screenshot_20160726-210243.jpg Android Email Clients Supporting Exchange Push - Some Notes Compared to Hub-screenshot_20160726-210252.jpg
    Last edited by ajwan; 07-26-16 at 11:37 PM.
    07-26-16 11:27 PM
    I have Priv because of Hub since I was so used to Hub on BB10 since last 5-6 years. At the moment, Hub needs lots of improvements on;
    1. In conversation mode when number of mails goes beyond 100, display is chocked. very irritating.
    2. It is consuming lot of battery. Needs to be optimized on battery. Blackberry services are consuming 17-25% battery almost on all days. that's too much, means leakages are happening from multiple directions.
    3. Dark theme would be really a significant differentiation factor viz-a-viz with others. Blackberry couldn't provide dark theme on BB10, now, it's time to do it.
    4. Battery management is very crucial for blackberry. Blackberry services are consuming something like 20-25% battery every day.
    07-27-16 05:15 AM
    I am on Priv because of Hub and emailing capability of Blackberry but, yes, I am disappointed with Hub so far. Lagging a lot, display has been a big problem. In conversation mode, if number of mails are large (>100), display is chocked. Very frustrating. Now, 6 months after releasing Priv, still these basic flaws.
    Battery leakage has been another big problem so far. Almost on all days, Blackberry services are consuming around 20-25% battery which is beyond expectation. The latest OS update AAF518 has been so aweful that battery performance is very bad and device is like hot machine every time.
    07-27-16 05:28 AM
    I have Priv because of Hub since I was so used to Hub on BB10 since last 5-6 years. At the moment, Hub needs lots of improvements on;
    2. It is consuming lot of battery. Needs to be optimized on battery. Blackberry services are consuming 17-25% battery almost on all days. that's too much, means leakages are happening from multiple directions.
    4. Battery management is very crucial for blackberry. Blackberry services are consuming something like 20-25% battery every day.
    I know you like repeating yourself but you might try something a bit original, or you might also try getting an email or other service provider that doesn't screw the pooch.

I generally handle upwards of 200 emails a day on my Priv. I've been off-charge since 0600 this morning, and this is what I have at this point.

Yes, on Exchange -- a server on my own infrastructure that I know works right.

Any questions?
    Android Email Clients Supporting Exchange Push - Some Notes Compared to Hub-2016-07-27-17.04.07.jpg
    07-27-16 12:06 PM
29 12