Kinda is true though h. I have a Priv too and no matter how productive I try and organise my device if I'm gonna be lazy, I am gonna be lazy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails From Android Central: Productivity isn't a feature -  so stop trying to sell it! *Priv featured*-82148.jpg  
    artemis-kun likes this.
    12-28-15 05:03 PM
    I think they are wrong in their general idea...

In even basic systems design and UI design the idea to make the system productive is key.

The problem is, android in its basic foundation and idea is NOT very well made in many regards- so coming from an android based stance, of course the article would argue what it's arguing.

Posted via CB10
    Randal Yandal and 00stryder like this.
    12-28-15 05:29 PM
    I agree with the premise that "productivity" is not a good marketing tool. What is more productive for one person is less productive for another person. Since there is no "one size fits all" device for productivity and YMMV, the term "productivity" is useless in marketing smartphones, tablets, or even computers.
    12-28-15 05:57 PM
    Stupid article on many fronts. But this is android central guys.

BlackBerry Z30 (10.3.2)
    jope28 likes this.
    12-28-15 06:04 PM
    Well android is a mess lol so anything that brings it together evne just a bit adds to the overall productivity

Posted via CB10
    12-28-15 06:05 PM
    The author couldn't be any more correct.
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    12-28-15 07:03 PM
    Eh... probably easier to measure the 'loss of' productivity caused by all the distractions afforded by these dammed things.

I mean, our current world was built without any of these 'productivity' gizmos...

Posted via CB10
    donnation, jope28, ubizmo and 1 others like this.
    12-28-15 07:06 PM
    Kinda is true though h. I have a Priv too and no matter how productive I try and organise my device if I'm gonna be lazy, I am gonna be lazy.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    You can put any word to replace the productivity in the title and it still looks pretty valid.

It's like, performance is a subjective thing so stop selling sports cars for its performance because if I don't want to drive fast, I won't be fast.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639
    12-28-15 07:53 PM
    Depends on who you are selling to, if you can backup the claim, it should be good for business accounts. At the consumer level, don't bother.
    12-28-15 08:12 PM
    Well, I kind of agree to the general idea. People on here are often claiming how "productive" they are on their BB10 devices. But what does that really mean?

I have a Passport and I like it for many reasons but I think I can be just as productive on any Android device, I'd just have to organize myself differently.

Productivity is indeed highly subjective and a device is what you make out of it. In the end, the user has to be productive, even if a device or software can help a lot to support, it's not what actually makes you productive.

Posted via CB10
    12-29-15 05:23 AM
    As i have said before. I'm more productive on Android then i ever could be on BB10
    It is what you make it
    12-29-15 10:42 AM
    The UX is the productivity aspect. If it's a good UX you will be more productive. Whether you want to be productive at useless or useful things is the part that's 'personal
    12-29-15 10:46 AM
    I used to buy into the whole "productivity" thing with BB10. But I gotta say, I'm way more productive with all these apps on Android than I was with BB10.

No wonder the ads for BB10 were so unsuccessful. As soon as people found out they couldn't get their mobile banking apps and fully functional social media apps easily, they realized it was all marketing bologna.

I admit that all the built-in applications on BB10 were beautifully designed. Unfortunately that's not what people are looking for.

Posted via the BlackBerry slider
    12-29-15 02:08 PM
    I agree with the premise that "productivity" is not a good marketing tool. What is more productive for one person is less productive for another person. Since there is no "one size fits all" device for productivity and YMMV, the term "productivity" is useless in marketing smartphones, tablets, or even computers.
    As far as marketing is concerned, every term is as useful as a marketing campaign can make it. I choose a desktop over a laptop because it makes me more productive. So, the salesperson says if "productivity" is important to me, I should buy a desktop. For my sales force, tablets allow them to be more productive than laptops and the Surface allows them to be more productive than an iPad. This is a story that was written probably because there was nothing better to write about, that's all.
    12-29-15 05:03 PM
    In my opinion, being productive means getting things done efficiently. With that in mind I found myself to be more productive with BlackBerry OS7 and Android than I ever was with BB10.

A big reason why I think that was is all of the customization options available with both BBOS and Android when compared to BB10. I could make them suit my needs better, but with BB10 I was limited to doing things the way BlackBerry forces you to do them.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-29-15 06:37 PM
    Productivity is a device attribute: if I have to tap and swipe 5 times on iOS to send a SMS when I can do it with 3 clicks in BB 7.1, that's productivity.
    12-29-15 10:23 PM
    Productivity is a device attribute: if I have to tap and swipe 5 times on iOS to send a SMS when I can do it with 3 clicks in BB 7.1, that's productivity.
    It is IF you do a lot of those things. It isn't if you do a lot of something else. The cross device compatibility requiring workflow I use a lot is vastly more productive in iOS than BB10 for instance.
    12-30-15 07:08 AM
    I think it's clear that Android Central, is not representative of the type of userbase that the PRIV is going to appeal too....

Sadly I don't think that is a good thing.
    12-30-15 07:23 AM
    There is a valid point there.

Do I use a BlackBerry 10 device because it caters for my particular requirements better? Yes

Am I more productive as a result? No

I firmly believe that with today's main mobile Operating Systems, there is a 99.9% overlap in what it is possible to do out of the box. The only differences are in HOW you actually get there, the preference for which will always be highly subjective.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-15 07:31 AM
    I am so productive with Candy Crush

Posted from my Blackberry Classic
    Jonneh likes this.
    12-30-15 07:58 AM
    I never bought the productivity baloney that I see here. I do prefer bb10 for several reasons, mostly because it's not Google. The battery life is a lot better for most bb10 phones. My z30 is built like a tank. I don't give a giant crap about social media. With that said, I recognize that many people aren't as easily satisfied as I. I MIGHT pick up a priv when it comes to Verizon, but I'll be hanging on to my z30. I do think bb10 is easier for use and just better all around when it's kept updated, but me and those who feel like I do are in a minority.

Posted with my still awesome z30.
    12-30-15 08:10 AM
    Funny how much things can change; literally not that long ago Android (and iOS) were considered toys around these parts. Those who needed to get things done used BB10/BBOS.

The author of that article is on two separate paths there; one that focuses on writing, the other, the Pixel C. He is saying that Google is promoting the Pixel C as this device built for productivity yet the author says all it is good for is streaming movies as you type articles on a Priv outside while smoking meat.

As an aside, the author points out something that is nearly missed by everyone: there is not one device (or app) that is everything to everyone. There can't be; such a device or app or website would excel in one or two areas and fail in all others. Case in point: CrackBerry. There are members of this site who only, or predominantly, participate in this Priv forum. To them, all of the BB10 forums, and perhaps even the homepage articles, are irrelevant and/or useless to them. They come here with the sole intention of participating in this forum only. So here, the Priv forum excels where where the rest of CrackBerry fails.

I used to buy into the whole "productivity" thing with BB10. But I gotta say, I'm way more productive with all these apps on Android than I was with BB10.

No wonder the ads for BB10 were so unsuccessful. As soon as people found out they couldn't get their mobile banking apps and fully functional social media apps easily, they realized it was all marketing bologna.

I admit that all the built-in applications on BB10 were beautifully designed. Unfortunately that's not what people are looking for.

Posted via the BlackBerry slider
    So, what BB10 ads?

Apps may certainly aid productivity but using a banking or social media app in and of itself is not "productivity"; unless you need to broadcast your brand or transfer money between accounts all day long, it's a matter of convenience. I mean, to someone who earns a living selling on ebay banking and social media apps can be a part of their productive day.

RIM/BlackBerry sold their idea of productivity to business men and women as a tool to help make their business life [lives] easier to manage throughout the day. The first BlackBerries were nothing more than PDAs with telephony, and it evolved from there. There was a point in time on iOS when a 3rd party app was required just to open and read a PDF. To add, where was the file stored? Trying to find a downloaded document on an iPad or iPhone back in the day was a total pain. But hey, as Apple used to say, "Yup, there is an app for that, too."

You are correct, consumers are not looking for what RIM/BlackBerry was (and still are) selling. Incidentally, MS had and still has that same problem with WinPhone, which was (and still is) marketed by MS as a "productivity tool".

Well, I kind of agree to the general idea. People on here are often claiming how "productive" they are on their BB10 devices. But what does that really mean?

I have a Passport and I like it for many reasons but I think I can be just as productive on any Android device, I'd just have to organize myself differently.

Productivity is indeed highly subjective and a device is what you make out of it. In the end, the user has to be productive, even if a device or software can help a lot to support, it's not what actually makes you productive.

Posted via CB10
    No, "productivity" has a specific, non-ambiguous, meaning.

What does it mean? Well;

The state or quality of producing something. That is: the rate of productive effort measured in rate of output per unit of input.
    Jahcure likes this.
    12-30-15 09:41 AM
    I read that article the other day and I feel there is some truth to it as well. As each person is unique, our productivity is measured in unique ways. As for distractions, I don't find myself distracted so easily if I'm focused on what needs to be done. The devices we use are chosen to fit our personal needs and only we know how to use them to achieve our maximum level of productivity.
    12-30-15 09:47 AM
    Eh... probably easier to measure the 'loss of' productivity caused by all the distractions afforded by these dammed things.

I mean, our current world was built without any of these 'productivity' gizmos...
    I agree, up to a point. I think there are people in certain fields whose productivity depends on being in more or less constant contact, being able to sort through lots of messages quickly, respond to some, file others, add attachments, and so on...and to be able to do all this wherever they are. The very existence of smartphones has raised our expectations.

I'm not one of these people. I think my smartphone is more a distraction than an asset to productivity in my particular case. I've had to discipline myself to keep it face down, out of sight, when I want to get any work done. Frequently "checking" my phone is, for me, an obstacle to productivity. The number of clicks, swipes, or whatever, needed to answer an email or use the browser is, for me, a pointless statistic. Switching from one OS to another might save or cost me a grand total of 20 seconds a day. It makes no real difference to me.
    12-30-15 09:49 AM
    I had a Z10 for 2-3 years. Now I have a Moto G. It has some things that I do like. OK, one thing. I can talk to it almost like a human to get answers. "OK Google .... {question here}" and my phone can usually answer my question. I like where this tech will be in 10 years.

Other than that, I do miss my BB10 because I could do things so damned quickly on it. Ya, productivity is not a feature if you don't use your phone for things like business. I can not fathom how people use their phones frequently for business and think that iOS and Android are the best solution for them. If I ran a business, everyone would be carrying BB10 phones.

AS for the app gap, I don't run a business. And you know what. Less apps lets me focus on those little things called life. Sorry, staring at your phones for 2 hours a day is not living life. And the apps I need are on BB10. I don't actually know what BB10 is lacking for most people. It shoudlbe able to do 95% if not 100% of the things people NEED a smartphone for.
    12-30-15 10:08 AM
61 123