I'm not sure if this has been posted earlier but my cursory search didn't fetch any relevant results. If such thread exists, Mods, please merge the thread.
    01-31-16 03:42 PM
    Well, looking at TouchWiz, I'm perfectly happy with BlackBerry sticking with a stock-ish UI.
    eallan, Jonneh and dietertong like this.
    01-31-16 03:58 PM
    I've wondered that too. I would love an android with bb10 UI

Posted via CB10
    01-31-16 03:59 PM
    They already have a BlackBerry Android skin. BB10 is over and gone. Move on.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-31-16 04:01 PM
    I'd love it, but BlackBerry doesn't have the man-power to get the job done. They can barely support the few Android apps they have.
    yuvaraki and valer466 like this.
    01-31-16 04:09 PM
    Of course it can be done heck you can spend a couple of hours looking for apps on the play store to mimic the gestures so if we can do it they can bake it into the software from scratch will they do it who knows but it would be really nice if they did.

Posted via CB10
    Jonneh and yuvaraki like this.
    01-31-16 04:28 PM
    The thread to merge, if mods wish for it, is titled "BB10 launcher for Priv" or something to that effect.
    BlackBerry could definitely code their launcher to flow more like BB10 did, if they wanted. It's even possible to make the left-most homescreen be the Hub, if they want.

Or, you can just customize it to your liking using varying utilities at your disposal. Many users have incorporated gestures to get their BB10 feel back.
    jm1219 and yuvaraki like this.
    01-31-16 09:44 PM
    I've wondered that too. I would love an android with bb10 UI

Posted via CB10
    I love Blackberry with a Blackberry OS, no need for a UI.
    will308 and David Tyler like this.
    01-31-16 11:34 PM
    I love Blackberry with a Blackberry OS, no need for a UI.
    BBOS phones have a UI. Without a user interface, how would the average user interact with the device? The UI is the pretty stuff/visual aids known as BB10.
    01-31-16 11:40 PM
    BBOS phones have a UI. Without a user interface, how would the average user interact with the device? The UI is the pretty stuff/visual aids known as BB10.
    I'd like to see a terminal phone.
    jm1219, Jonneh and DrBoomBotz like this.
    02-01-16 01:08 AM
    The thread to merge, if mods wish for it, is titled "BB10 launcher for Priv" or something to that effect.
    BlackBerry could definitely code their launcher to flow more like BB10 did, if they wanted. It's even possible to make the left-most homescreen be the Hub, if they want.

Or, you can just customize it to your liking using varying utilities at your disposal. Many users have incorporated gestures to get their BB10 feel back.
    Oh! I myself don't have any android phone or a priv. I'm interested in LeTv Le1s though. If I get it, i'll b sure to give it a shot. Hub is one thing that is keeping me from whole-heartedly accepting a android phone as well daily-driver. If that can be customized then, I'll wait for BlackBerry to release cheaper devices with hub or switch to good android device.
    02-01-16 03:11 AM
    I'd like to see a terminal phone.
    I imagine it would just have numbers on it for making phone calls

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 07:10 AM
    I imagine it would just have numbers on it for making phone calls

Posted via CB10
    And an awesome KB for the command line.

Back on topic:

I'd say that maybe the reason why they wouldn't do it is because their target audience for the Priv is current Android users.
    So they may want to make the move to the Priv more "familiar" for the gazillions of Android users out there.

If their target audience were current BB10 users, then I'm guessing they would've gone with a skin similar to BB10 since they sold that UI to us as being peeky flowy juicy goodness.

Then again, could just be a way to maximize resources and take as much "as is" from Android as possible in order to have less things to focus on for their programmers.

 Frosty White Q10/.2876 CB10 
    yuvaraki and Jonneh like this.
    02-01-16 07:44 AM
    Considering most OEMs are looking to make their skins more stock, it'd would just add to the image of Blackberry being behind the times.
    yuvaraki likes this.
    02-01-16 08:06 AM
    I'd love it, but BlackBerry doesn't have the man-power to get the job done. They can barely support the few Android apps they have.
    I wonder how many developers at BlackBerry now are Android only, BB10 only and how many can go both ways ;-)
    (won't mention legacy OS, because that would just be too freaky).

 Passport/SQW100-3 .2876 CB10 
    Jonneh likes this.
    02-01-16 08:48 AM
    Slower updates? No thanks.
    Jonneh likes this.
    02-01-16 09:25 AM
    It's simple... if you have any of the 2 of the following:
    an unlimited budget, time or people to work on it anything is possible

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    yuvaraki likes this.
    02-01-16 09:31 AM
    BlackBerry need to brand all of its new Android devices to have the full experience of hub, calendar, contact, file manager, and hopefully some bb10 iu features. It's your choice, it's your software blackberry.

Z10
    yuvaraki likes this.
    02-01-16 10:50 AM
    He/she says this in variations on most Priv related threads. Pretty redundant at this point, don't know why he/she bothers.

Posted via CB10
    02-01-16 04:22 PM
    OK I'll make it clearer a BB10 uses a BB10 UI by default, an Android can only TRY to copy it.
    02-01-16 10:47 PM
    He/she says this in variations on most Priv related threads. Pretty redundant at this point, don't know why he/she bothers.

Posted via CB10
    I (male 69 years old) say what I think about phones using Android because I BELIEVE a Blackberry phone should use a Blackberry OS. Lots of people want to jump on the "I got a phone like millions of other people" I don't. If you have an issue with my beliefs just block me.
    will308 likes this.
    02-01-16 10:56 PM
    Make your own using Android theming tools and spare the rest of us.

StormieTwo and BergerKing like this.
    02-02-16 12:55 AM
    Edited title typo.
    yuvaraki likes this.
    02-02-16 03:24 AM
    A lot of Android users prefer the stock-like devices so the current UI might help attract some of them. Also, skins can slow the device down if not implemented properly so it's probably better if they focus their man-power on smaller projects like the HUB and other apps.
    yuvaraki likes this.
    02-02-16 11:22 AM
    I'd be OK with a BlackBerry 10 style UI on Android, provided the device was performant. I've been burned before by the Kindle Fire and Samsung Note having issues. Especially the Fire - slow as stoned Turtle despite the hardware allegedly being quite fast.
    yuvaraki likes this.
    02-02-16 01:14 PM