So I was in AMC theater here last week to catch John Wick 2. They have the powered recliners with the touch capacitive controls for lift the feet and reclining the seat. I set my Priv down over the controls and the chair fully reclined on its own after a few seconds. I could get the feet to go down but not get the chair to return to upright position. The button just would not respond. As soon as I set my phone down a second time the feet raised up again. I can tell you the camera was not touching the controls.

So I was wondering if somehow the touch sensitive controls were activated by either my nfc coil or the wireless charging coils.

Anyone have this happen before?
    02-16-17 10:36 PM
    So I was in AMC theater here last week to catch John Wick 2. They have the powered recliners with the touch capacitive controls for lift the feet and reclining the seat. I set my Priv down over the controls and the chair fully reclined on its own after a few seconds. I could get the feet to go down but not get the chair to return to upright position. The button just would not respond. As soon as I set my phone down a second time the feet raised up again. I can tell you the camera was not touching the controls.

So I was wondering if somehow the touch sensitive controls were activated by either my nfc coil or the wireless charging coils.

Might make you wonder about holding it against your head... Radio, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC lot of radiation comes off of electronics these days. It's very possible that the charis controls aren't shielded well enough.
    02-17-17 10:06 AM
    I put a phone into a car console and it made chirps like it was connecting to something. Turns out it was trying to communicate with a bus pass that I had in the console also.
    I turned off NFC and it stopped.
    FF22 and newcollector like this.
    02-17-17 11:22 AM
    I put a phone into a car console and it made chirps like it was connecting to something. Turns out it was trying to communicate with a bus pass that I had in the console also.
    I turned off NFC and it stopped.
    It does the same thing when I put it on my wallet on my nightstand (I usually put the priv on top of the wallet so it sits on soft surface and not the counter or glass top nightstand), it communicates with the library card.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-17-17 11:35 PM
    Might make you wonder about holding it against your head... Radio, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, NFC lot of radiation comes off of electronics these days. It's very possible that the charis controls aren't shielded well enough.
    Given all the capacitive buttons we use daily, like elevators, should I be concerned about having my finger tips close to my head?
    FF22 likes this.
    02-18-17 07:59 AM
    So I AMC theater. They have the powered recliners with the touch capacitive controls for lift the feet and reclining the seat.
    Wait a minute? Hold the phone! The theater has reclining seats?!
    Last edited by Carmels; 02-18-17 at 04:18 PM.
    02-18-17 08:11 AM
    Given all the capacitive buttons we use daily, like elevators, should I be concerned about having my finger tips close to my head?
    That depends on which..........
    02-18-17 08:26 AM
    That depends on which..........
    I've only got one
    02-18-17 09:12 AM
    I've only got one
    Perhaps I made an incorrect assumption. And you know what they say about that.
    Wezard likes this.
    02-18-17 09:39 AM
    Hmmm, stimulating finger tips - I could run with that but better not!!!!
    02-18-17 10:08 AM
    Hmmm, stimulating finger tips - I could run with that but better not!!!!
    I tried to, but it didn't work out.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-18-17 10:14 AM