Just about at wits end. I have tried being a BB fan, but I almost can not take this lagging phone anymore.

I was out of town for the weekend, & was depending heavily on my phone for navigation, picture taking, & messaging. The Priv was letting me down in all aspects. So slow, so buggy, & not what I want or should have to deal with a "SMARTphone".

Stopped in at a Telus store & the very nice guy helped me out a bit. I have "cleaners" & "boosters" installed, but should these really be needed? Is this what Android is all about? Total lag & buggy?
    After reboots, forcing stops on a bunch of apps, & "boosting", it is running way better, but is this the way Android is supposed to be? Would an Samsung Edge 7 do this in a few months? Or does (Android) it need almost daily "cleaning"?

My memory on this phone is almost full. I dont have THAT many apps, but it is quite full. How do I fix this?? Do I have to uninstall a bunch of apps? Device storage still has lots of room left...pics all saved to SD card.

Thanks in advance. Hope I dont get jumped on too badly here...
    Randy Jones and yyz321 like this.
    05-23-16 06:30 PM
    This is NOT what Android is all about. This is, sadly, what many Priv's are all about.
    05-23-16 06:32 PM
    I updated to the latest Marshmallow beta and it's tons better. Doesn't lag or freeze anymore (unless if I'm heavily multitasking sadly).

Maybe later this year they'll have things sorted out.

Do keep in mind, the first year of a product are always unfinished, unpolished, or bug infested.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-23-16 06:40 PM
    I've been mostly happy with my PRIV experience. Laggy...occasionally, usually when I nav with Google maps. Never laggy on Scout.

I can sometimes move faster than the priv and that kind of binds it temporarily.

Overall, I am very satisfied since the last couple of updates. I'm still on Lollipop so I'm waiting patiently for MM.
    05-23-16 07:35 PM
    That's the reason I just sold my Priv.
    05-23-16 07:38 PM
    I haven't had any issue. I have a shopblackberry unit and have MM update already. I didn't have any issue with lollipop, and it only got better with MM. Battery life got better, smoother app switching, all great upgrades. Might be you have a "defective" software unit?

xKingHopy likes this.
    05-23-16 07:42 PM
    My Verizon Priv has been great. We have 3 of them. Could be some of the apps you have installed. Some apps are very buggy.

NdBlu14 likes this.
    05-23-16 07:54 PM
    Of course, since I did the "force stop" on a bunch of apps, and have "cleaned and boosted", the phone is working great.....!!

I will take it, and have been very happy today.

Yesterday, driving and navigating the city (Waze) not so happy.....

Clicked and flicked with my Priv.
    05-23-16 10:57 PM
    OP have you tried using an autoloader to start afresh?

05-23-16 11:01 PM
    This is NOT what Android is all about. This is, sadly, what many Priv's are all about.
    http://thedroidguy.com/2016/03/samsu...ctedly-1057711

05-23-16 11:04 PM
    Every phone lags and or has problems. The difference between a satisfied user and a frustrated one is knowing what to do.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/04...roblems-fixes/

There are plenty of useful info on crackberry especially about AUTOLOADING.

It very easy to do and is very effective.

The problem with android is that a user can very easily mess up their own device by installing bad apps, corrupting something, deleting a system app, setting and so forth. It's not as ***** proof as say an iPhone, but even those are not problem free.

Mods, Someone should make a sticky and or article on what to do if a priv lags or has software related problems.

Because there are fixes and no amount of complaining is gonna fix anything. It's amazing how many unhelpful people there are on this forum.

Please consider that with androids many a time it can be a user problem not the device.

05-23-16 11:07 PM
    Hmmmm might be a slow sd card causing laggyness. Either that maybe u haven't restarted the phone in a long long time.

Posted via the everMosT poweRFul ReD paSSporT
    05-23-16 11:15 PM
    Every phone lags and or has problems. The difference between a satisfied user and a frustrated one is knowing what to do.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2016/04...roblems-fixes/

There are plenty of useful info on crackberry especially about AUTOLOADING.

It very easy to do and is very effective.

The problem with android is that a user can very easily mess up their own device by installing bad apps, corrupting something, deleting a system app, setting and so forth. It's not as ***** proof as say an iPhone, but even those are not problem free.

Mods, Someone should make a sticky and or article on what to do if a priv lags or has software related problems.

Because there are fixes and no amount of complaining is gonna fix anything. It's amazing how many unhelpful people there are on this forum.

Please consider that with androids many a time it can be a user problem not the device.

Thanks. I appreciate the time you too to write this. I admit, I do not know much about, no, make that nothing about autoloader's .
    I didn't really think I had to know about this to run a Smartphone. My wife and son run Iphones, which naturally I don't really care for, and we have a Mac desktop. So when we are driving in an unfamiliar (big) city and my phone is working like junk and they are both snickering at me (because both their phones are working perfectly) , it really makes me think of switching things up, not running home and learning about "autoloading" .

I really want to love this phone, more than you will ever know, but lately, I am not so sure as I struggle (still) with ( typing right now) on this keyboard and goofy flip case as the selection of cases for this phone is as bad as ever.

Just getting frustrated, sorry to rant.

Randy Jones and MaxxxBerry23 like this.
    05-24-16 12:30 AM
    Not true my s6 is the same after having it for 7 months

Posted via the CrackBerry App
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    05-24-16 12:41 AM
    Hmmmm might be a slow sd card causing laggyness. Either that maybe u haven't restarted the phone in a long long time.

Posted via the everMosT poweRFul ReD paSSporT
    Card seems ok, music and photos both going there.

I do hard resets a few times a week lately....

05-24-16 12:47 AM
    Been a BB fan way before OS10. Just about bought all models every year and was happy. Then the Priv arrived. I paid premium ($900usd) just because i want one and im a fan. I enjoyed the build quality specially the phycical keyboad BUT yes it was SLOW. I figured the os needs updating so i waited for the Marshmallow. Last month it came and to my surprise it is still slow and it still heating up.

Some one suggested one of my apps is the culprit so i unistall all that i could. Did a phone reset/delete everything and started from scratch. Start using Gmaps and still it was slowing down after a while and specially when trying to quit Gmaps.

NOW my device is on the shelf. I got a Samsung S7 edge and got a shock of my life...

SAD...

Oh my wife gave up on her BB Passport because it is hard to post on Facebook. (crazy!) Got her a iphone 6S+ and she is happy.

Not bashing but this is what happened and im sad Blackberry devices not performing at par with other manufacturers.

Randy Jones, melander and dilijasi like this.
    05-24-16 01:05 AM
    What ? Seriously??

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    05-24-16 02:20 AM
    Wow I can't imagine Lagg on this phone. Really haven't experienced it and I'm on Lollipop. I can't even remember at first boot and loading up apps that it behaved slow. Try not to install too many of those boosters and cleaners because they are always running in the background taking up resources. Also force killing apps may cus system instability. I use clean master and I just run the cleaning utility once every week or two. I try not to get rid of system cache too often. I know sometimes these things feel like you're making compromises for stuff that should just work but Samsung didn't get it at day one, neither did apple.

05-24-16 03:04 AM
    Don't believe the lies. Yes, this is what Android is. After a few months of a release, a flagship will start becoming laggy.

Sadly, Android is not BB10. I've had my fair share with Android, and BB10 is miles better. It's optimised, fast, and reliable. I'm so sad that many developers are pulling the plug on BB10 development.

Posted via PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-24-16 03:37 AM
    Don't believe the lies. Yes, this is what Android is. After a few months of a release, a flagship will start becoming laggy.

Sadly, Android is not BB10. I've had my fair share with Android, and BB10 is miles better. It's optimised, fast, and reliable. I'm so sad that many developers are pulling the plug on BB10 development.

I saw a lot of thread here said bb10 lag ...I use priv from December until now no lag

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1074414
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=1061822

And many more...
    ahmedhanif911 likes this.
    05-24-16 03:39 AM
    In my option all those cleaners and boosters do nothing but contribute to any lag issues.
    Have had the Priv since launch and had no issues. I simply just clear all app cache once in a while.

05-24-16 03:54 AM
    In my option all those cleaners and boosters do nothing but contribute to any lag issues.
    Have had the Priv since launch and had no issues. I simply just clear all app cache once in a while.

Yep do not use that kind of app
    yvpan1 likes this.
    05-24-16 03:55 AM

You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.
    flintlock likes this.
    05-24-16 04:14 AM
    Well, it's kind of true. And I guess it's Android's fault.

Before the Priv, I had the Passport, which never even slightly lagged in the 1.5 years. Before that, I had the Samsung Galaxy S3 for 2 years, which was the flagship phone at the time (2012?). It got a bit laggy after a couple of months and was nearly unusable after 1.5 years. I did a factory reset because I assumed some of the apps might be responsible (kind of like Windows* gets slower, apparently because many programs don't deinstall properly). It didn't change anything! The phone was hard-resetted but still super laggy.

I also experienced the same with my iPad Air. It's now 3.5 years old and I don't even dare switching to another app, as it is impossible to have anything running in the background, and every app need a minute to load. Of course, the device is kind of old (only 1 GB RAM), and many apps as well as the OS are probably optimized for newer devices, but it's still sad. BB10 seemed to be the only OS without *any* lag appearing.

*the same seems to happen for Macs as well if I can believe my friends. I switched to Linux myself and have never experienced any lag or "degrading" speed, so I think it's fair enough to blame the OS and not the device.
    victory zhou likes this.
    05-24-16 04:47 AM
    Well, it's kind of true. And I guess it's Android's fault.

Before the Priv, I had the Passport, which never even slightly lagged in the 1.5 years. Before that, I had the Samsung Galaxy S3 for 2 years, which was the flagship phone at the time (2012?). It got a bit laggy after a couple of months and was nearly unusable after 1.5 years. I did a factory reset because I assumed some of the apps might be responsible (kind of like Windows* gets slower, apparently because many programs don't deinstall properly). It didn't change anything! The phone was hard-resetted but still super laggy.

I also experienced the same with my iPad Air. It's now 3.5 years old and I don't even dare switching to another app, as it is impossible to have anything running in the background, and every app need a minute to load. Of course, the device is kind of old (only 1 GB RAM), and many apps as well as the OS are probably optimized for newer devices, but it's still sad. BB10 seemed to be the only OS without *any* lag appearing.

*the same seems to happen for Macs as well if I can believe my friends. I switched to Linux myself and have never experienced any lag or "degrading" speed, so I think it's fair enough to blame the OS and not the device.
    Please, BB10 devices lag and will get worse as time goes on.
    05-24-16 05:17 AM
161 123 ...