Not sure if this is the problem but are your phones still in the initial sync cycle? The demands on the phone are high in the initial 72 hours and may lead the the lag some of you are experiencing?

Posted via my PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2789
    I've had my device since Tuesday. And it's been used since then but not a huge amount.
    Do you think I should see a difference today then outside of this 72 hour cycle?
    I personally don't see why I would when the VKB has zero lag, but I'll keep an open mind and check again tonight after work.
    11-13-15 03:58 AM
    All in all
    11-13-15 04:32 AM
    Done didnt take to long tbh
    11-13-15 04:32 AM
    Hey everyone

Sorry to drag up an old thread but wondered if people had any further updates on this since it was originally posted back in October.

I haven't had a Priv since this time as I couldn't deal with the keypad not keeping up with me, but am tempted to give it a try again if it has improved.

Anyone who noticed the delay in typing on the PKB with words such as 'all in all' - has the December software update improved the experience at all?

Any lags in text input on the PKB? Or is it all fixed.

Ideally, it'd be good to hear from those who type quickly and had this problem originally as a lot of people said they didn't experience it.

Thanks
    01-15-16 04:52 AM
    Hey everyone

Sorry to drag up an old thread but wondered if people had any further updates on this since it was originally posted back in October.

I haven't had a Priv since this time as I couldn't deal with the keypad not keeping up with me, but am tempted to give it a try again if it has improved.

Anyone who noticed the delay in typing on the PKB with words such as 'all in all' - has the December software update improved the experience at all?

Any lags in text input on the PKB? Or is it all fixed.

Ideally, it'd be good to hear from those who type quickly and had this problem originally as a lot of people said they didn't experience it.

Thanks
    01-15-16 04:52 AM
    All in all

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-15-16 05:23 AM
    No issue for me. Must be because I'm coming from #Q10 keyboard before the Priv

01-15-16 05:25 AM
    Well comparing the key board of the Q10 and the Priv. Q10 is still better IMO, though I'm getting better typing in PKB now (might be that I'm getting more familiar with it)

01-15-16 05:32 AM
    Yeah it's not a test of whether you can type the words 'all in all' - there's been some confusion with this which is why I'd rather people who had this problem to being with will test it.

The problem I (and others) had, is that when typing quickly on the PKB, the software was lagging behind which resulted in there being missed out letters in text input. Especially noticeable on words with the same letter repeated - for instance the word 'all'.

So when 'ALL IN ALL' was typed quickly, it was only registering 'AL IN ALL' or 'AL IN AL' or 'AL IN ALL'.
    I wondered whether those who experienced this before still had this issue or whether it had been rectified.

Thanks
    01-15-16 05:53 AM
    All in all

01-15-16 06:56 AM
    So when 'ALL IN ALL' was typed quickly, it was only registering 'AL IN ALL' or 'AL IN AL' or 'AL IN ALL'.
    I wondered whether those who experienced this before still had this issue or whether it had been rectified.

Thanks
    I used to have this issue all of the time back in November (both in actual day-to-day typing, and when doing the similar "Google goggles" test), but after the firmware and keyboard updates in December I've never seen this issue anymore. My typing style hasn't changed so it looks like this issue was addressed in the software, luckily!
    01-15-16 12:13 PM
    All in all. All in all. All in all. All in all.

No problem here.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my BlackBerry Priv
    01-15-16 12:45 PM
    I used to have this issue all of the time back in November (both in actual day-to-day typing, and when doing the similar "Google goggles" test), but after the firmware and keyboard updates in December I've never seen this issue anymore. My typing style hasn't changed so it looks like this issue was addressed in the software, luckily!
    Thank so much!
    That's great news. It was one of the biggest reasons I ended up getting rid of the Priv but now I'm tempted back in, especially since it's fixed!

Hmm decisions decisions.
    01-15-16 01:17 PM
    All in all

Posted from my Priv
    01-15-16 01:19 PM
    Does the Priv have language and prediction settings like the one in BB10? Maybe you should check for a previously stored word/phrase that the keyboard is picking up.
    I would bet this is the most likely culprit. Gets me on occasion. Wouldn't hurt to go into your learned words and take a look.

Posted from my Priv
    01-15-16 01:22 PM
    All in all

Seems to work fine for me.

01-15-16 01:44 PM
    I would bet this is the most likely culprit. Gets me on occasion. Wouldn't hurt to go into your learned words and take a look.
    While this could definitely be the culprit for some, I actually have all word prediction and auto-correct options turned off since I want to get exactly what I type - nothing less, nothing more. But I still had the issue at first (and, as mentioned, not anymore after the updates).
    01-15-16 03:11 PM
    All in all

Posted from my Priv
    01-15-16 03:28 PM
    All in all. Had to try it ...Lol used to have issue with lagging when typing for universal search and it has much improved since the Dec updated

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    01-15-16 04:05 PM
    All in all. All in all while I don't have that problem I don't seem to get the period after double space on keyboard. Sometimes I do but most times I don't.

Sent from outerspace ~
    01-15-16 04:09 PM
    I had the issue at the start but it is gone since updates a while back. Typing is flawless now.

01-15-16 06:59 PM
    All in all all in all all in all all in all all in all

01-15-16 09:28 PM
    All in all all in all all in all

01-15-16 09:33 PM
    First one pub second one vkb both good

01-15-16 09:34 PM
49 12