Getting started with my first non-BB Operating System device.

Is there a way to add custom notification tones to the alarm and calender on the Priv like BB10 devices? I can't seem to find the answer in search and I really liked having notices that matched the intent of the alarm. Also most of the included ones just don't cut it volume wise.

Also is it possible to set led notification color to a contact or is it just notice type based? I had different colors for my daughter, wife, etc...

Thanks for the help as I try to transition from BB10 to Android.

***Edit***

Oh!! Is there a way to move events from the BlackBerry Transfer side of the calender to my default or do I just need to hand type them all?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by barbwyr; 08-12-16 at 02:48 AM.
    08-12-16 02:35 AM
    you can set different notification sounds for different people and for your calendar etc using settings, sound and notifications. If you want different colored leds, you need a third party app like Lite Flow or LED Manager.

if you are saying you don't like the SOUNDS that are pre-loaded with your phone, you can add your own sound files and then choose them to set for the calendar, alarm, personal ringtones, etc. just like any other phone.
    trott3r likes this.
    08-12-16 07:00 AM
    Getting started with my first non-BB Operating System device.

Is there a way to add custom notification tones to the alarm and calender on the Priv like BB10 devices? I can't seem to find the answer in search and I really liked having notices that matched the intent of the alarm. Also most of the included ones just don't cut it volume wise.

Also is it possible to set led notification color to a contact or is it just notice type based? I had different colors for my daughter, wife, etc...

Thanks for the help as I try to transition from BB10 to Android.

***Edit***

Oh!! Is there a way to move events from the BlackBerry Transfer side of the calender to my default or do I just need to hand type them all?

I think you are looking for this:

1. Plug your USB cable into the phone than into your PC/MAC (be advised I have a PC)
    2. After the phone is connected, open the upper notification bar than tap on USB for charging and select file transfer
    3. Open browser on your PC/MAC
    4. Depending on your windows (I have windows 10) you will see in the left side of the explorer your phone (probably called Blackberry Priv)
    5. Open it than open internal storage
    6. There you will find several folders among which:
    - Alarms (where you can put your .mp3 files for alarms)
    - Notifications (where you can put your .mp3 files for the notifications you get like SMS and other apps)
    - Ringtones (where you can put your .mp3 files for the ringtones you want to use when ppl call you)

Note: I recommend you install a file explorer like es file explorer (found in the play store) because when you want to add a notification for your calendar, android will ask you if you want to use the default media storage manager or a different app (es file explorer), if you choose the es file explorer, you can navigate to your phones memory and choose whatever file you want,
    OR you can put in the notifications folder whatever .mp3 file you want as a notification for your calendar and it will show up among the rest of the files if you choose to setup a sound with the default media storage manager.

Led notification works on emails (hub and gmail) but not on contacts, for that you need another app from the store.
    Regarding your last question, no clue

I hope this helps you and hopefully it's not to complicated
    FF22 and barbwyr like this.
    08-12-16 09:36 AM
    That helps. I find it odd there is not an easier way to navigate your files built in. I'll have to check out ES and see if that helps a few of my issues.

08-12-16 03:44 PM
    ES File Explorer apparently changed ownership or some such. Some folks don't like the current ownership. Check out Asus and/or Solid Explorer.
    08-12-16 04:38 PM
    I have Asus and its simple and good kinda like BB10 in my Priv
    08-12-16 04:45 PM
    Yeah..the ads they report in ES bothered me but I did find the Explore link under Storage in the settings. A few more steps to get to but I was able to transfer the alarm tones I prefer the the alarm folder without issue. I shall tackle the next issue after this last conference session.

08-12-16 05:17 PM
    Yeah..the ads they report in ES bothered me but I did find the Explore link under Storage in the settings. A few more steps to get to but I was able to transfer the alarm tones I prefer the the alarm folder without issue. I shall tackle the next issue after this last conference session.

I have the asus file explorer as well but it doesn't show up when the default media storage manager opens, only ES shows up, aside from that es is far more option rich than the asus one, I use them both

Also keep in mind that both of this explorers have the option of transfer files to and from a PC via WiFi, the only rule you have to remember is that both devices (PC and phone) have to be connected to the same network (rooter), if you have this setup, with the tap of a button you can access all the phone content from your browser via a specific IP and port, pretty convenient and simple to use.
    08-14-16 10:09 AM
    I know this is some months ago, but I just received a PRIV as a replacement for a damaged Classic. I found the Classic a cinch to set up for contact notifications and found it helpful for dealing with potential minor interruptions while busy.
    Yet I can't seem to find where in Sound and Notifications the route to the individual settings is. Maybe I need a photo of the screen, but mine bizarrely shows "Cast" as one of the options in Sound and Notification. Seems a strange place for that.
    The OS is 6.0.1 and I believe it's fully updated.
    Thank you in advance.
    Bill
    02-13-17 08:59 AM
    I know this is some months ago, but I just received a PRIV as a replacement for a damaged Classic. I found the Classic a cinch to set up for contact notifications and found it helpful for dealing with potential minor interruptions while busy.
    Yet I can't seem to find where in Sound and Notifications the route to the individual settings is. Maybe I need a photo of the screen, but mine bizarrely shows "Cast" as one of the options in Sound and Notification. Seems a strange place for that.
    The OS is 6.0.1 and I believe it's fully updated.
    Thank you in advance.
    Bill
    Notification sounds Settings are located all over the place in Android. You might look in the Hub itself, Left Menu, settings and find the various accounts. Then under Sound/Notif... in Main Settings, scroll down to App Notif... and find the app you like to tweak. I, for one, don't set up sounds for various Contacts so I don't know how well that works. But I believe folks have found it may or may not work well for individuals.

Hopefully, someone who uses those features will chime in.
    02-13-17 12:28 PM
    Not sure if you mean this or not, but An individual ring tone can be set in the contacts for each person. Then a text tone can be personalized in the the messenger app for each person.

Also, here is a thread I started and got good info about a similar topic.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...larms-1098458/
    02-13-17 08:46 PM