I have been trying to be very patient with the Priv but I'm quite frustrated with the sluggishness and unreliability of the Hub. It's inconsistent with emails and doesn't clear viewed text messages. My Playbook receives and notifies me faster about incoming emails than the Priv and that's when I actually receive the email on the Priv. I installed K9 as a backup now to simply see if I'm getting my emails in the Hub and it too is virtually instantaneous (like my Playbook) with incoming emails whereas it can take sometimes a half hour to appear in my Hub. I'm enjoying all other aspects of the Priv and coming from the Z30, the Hub is truly my productivity centre and is why I thought I wanted the Priv in the first place.

Another example: My wife just texted me. I know because I received a toast in the notification bar and immediately opened up the Hub. It took 3 minutes for the message to appear in the Hub.

Am I alone in this experience?
    11-16-15 10:52 AM
    This is one of the major issues with the Priv that's needs to be updated asap! Also battery life is horrible with mine. I think the Priv needs more blackberry features then it currently has which would boost sales.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 11:02 AM
    This is interesting. It's not something I have experienced yet but I haven't had my SIM card in it so haven't had any actual text messages to watch out for this.

I have noticed that emails, Tweets, and Facebook is instantaenous along with my iPhone 6s which I'm currently using alongside.

They do need to get some updates out asap though. The phone is sluggish in lots of places and it's the biggest concern of nearly all users. That, and the phone getting hot. Oh and the hub needing more stuff added to be more like BB10 ha. Work to be done BlackBerry!
    11-16-15 11:16 AM
    Agree. Sluggish

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-16-15 12:22 PM
    Mine is not as smooth as on BB10 Passport, but not like you are experiencing. My texts don't take three minutes to appear in the hub, but I hope BB keeps optimizing the hub to make it a faster experience.
    11-16-15 12:38 PM
    Android just isn't smooth to begin with.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-15 01:04 PM
    Having the same issue, especially with text messages, don't want to show as read even after replying!!!!
    Other than that loving it!!!

11-16-15 01:07 PM
    I had huge issues with battery a� hub when i first loaded the device. After 6 hours on the phone with blackberry we figured it out and now it is as good as gold.
    When I initially transferred from my passport to the priv i used content transfer for everything. This is what caused the issue im the hub and bogging system.

We did a factory reset. Once completed we updated all the apps. Upon completion we then set up all the email accounts through the BB Hub. Once everything synced we then did the content transfer. Make sure to un click the emails box.

The result is night and day. My wife has a priv and her's is running as described in this thread. I am goimg to perform these same steps with her's in hopes it resolves her issues.

Hope this helps

11-16-15 01:28 PM
    This used to happen to me to. Emails took 15-20 minutes, and texts took over 5 minutes to show in hub and when they did they showed the phone number instead of contact name. I have heard wipe fixes, but I found a quicker and non-destructive method.

All you have to do is open app info for BlackBerry Services (from clicking it in Battery Stat list or App Settings) and hit "Clear Data". This will wipe all accounts from Hub. Texts, MMS, Twitter will auto restore and sync. Email accounts should be added manually, with Sync set to Never and Push enabled.

My battery life went from 2.5-3hrs SOT to 5.5-6hrs, phone doesn't run as hot, texts and MMS messages show up instantly with the correct contact name, Emails push nearly instantly, and the Hub opens instantly as well. it's basically perfect now.

I think it is a bug with the accounts from the Transfer Tool using incorrect settings.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    DQBMD likes this.
    11-16-15 04:11 PM
    I will agree the Hub doesn't seem to update as quick as on BB10...
    11-16-15 04:23 PM
    Follow up. Following Puck's suggestion to "Clear Data" worked. I saw a significant performance increase although I still experience a minor lag at times but nowhere nearly as bad as it was.
    DQBMD likes this.
    11-18-15 01:31 PM
    If I could have exchange email (Office 365) as an account on the device (without the use of an app), I'd disable all BlackBerry apps, except BBM.
    But, disabling the Hub, would prevent me from checking\sending emails via my Office 365 account, without the use of an app...
    11-18-15 01:55 PM
    This certainly improves the hub and makes it much more smooth. However, if we choosing the "sync" to never; how is it going to receive the emails? My hub is smooth now, but it is not receiving any emails.

Thanks,
    11-30-15 02:04 PM