Update

24% battery remaining
    39% screen time
    6 hours 24 minutes screen time
    Approx 7 hours left of battery life.

I will post a screenshot when done.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-16-15 at 03:10 PM.
    ce71 likes this.
    11-16-15 02:43 PM
    Hi,

I had the same problem. There are several posts regarding this issue. You'll need to delete your email accounts and update all BlackBerry apps. Then re add the accounts after letting it sit. If that doesn't work, you'll to do a factory reset and follow the same steps adding email accounts last. My priv went from terrible battery to about 12hrs of screen on time.
    11-16-15 03:00 PM
    I am getting 5-6hrs SOT on my Priv after clearing BlackBerry Services/Hub and adding accounts manually.

Was only getting 3hrs before.

Posted from my BlackBerry Priv
    11-16-15 04:01 PM
    Currently at 10% with 7h 55min sot...

11-16-15 04:12 PM
    Battery saving is disabled.
    Screen Brightness at default 50%

Results:
    50% SOT
    8h 14m 56s
    Click for photos
    11-16-15 06:50 PM
    I'm getting really good battery life too. At first I didn't. Was heating up all day and battery was very poor. So I did a factory reset and skipped the content transfer. The second time around, the play store remembered what apps a had previously and automatically installed them all, including all of the Blackberry apps. Turned off Gmail sync and made sure push was on. Screen is at 75%. Great battery now.
    11-16-15 07:08 PM
    Here You Go Guys! My Phone From 100%-1% with moderate/heavy Use.. I hoped this help..
    Attached Thumbnails After 24 hours battery at 75%-1447768607880.jpg  
    11-17-15 07:57 AM
    Here You Go Guys! My Phone From 100%-1% with moderate/heavy Use.. I hoped this help..
    With a sim card and LTE connection, you'll see half of that.
    kertong likes this.
    11-17-15 08:14 AM
    With a sim card and LTE connection, you'll see half of that.
    No doubt. What kind of everyday use is this? It's a useless test.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv.
    11-18-15 01:32 AM
    Following on from post I'm in the UK, Battery up to 41 yesterday after loading app. Fully charged phone at 11pm by morning its DEAD. Battery chart in phone said it died at 5am. I am recharging today to see how long it takes to charge, then will see if it heats up again and how long the charge stays. I have removed some apps, don't play games on it. Mainly for Email & Text, use Whatsapp. Funny thing is it was not over heating for the first few days.
    11-18-15 03:25 AM
    This doesn't help at all.
    Steve Rizla likes this.
    11-18-15 05:26 AM
    I've had my Priv since yesterday. All I have to say about the battery is, WOW... This thing sucks down the power super quick. Had the phone at full charge. Used it for 30 minutes talking to someone. Looked at the battery level after the call. Went from 100% to 50% in 30 minutes. I think I'm going to call BB and tell them I have a bad phone. No way that should be using that much power in that small amount of time.....
    11-18-15 07:23 PM
    I've had my Priv since yesterday. All I have to say about the battery is, WOW... This thing sucks down the power super quick. Had the phone at full charge. Used it for 30 minutes talking to someone. Looked at the battery level after the call. Went from 100% to 50% in 30 minutes. I think I'm going to call BB and tell them I have a bad phone. No way that should be using that much power in that small amount of time.....
    I don't want to sound like a broken record but make sure you have updated all of the BlackBerry and Google Apps. Also it takes time to settle down after the initial setup.

11-18-15 07:30 PM
    I certainly cannot claim such performance. With simple use - texting and web surf on kijiji my battery went from 95 to currently 74 in a matter of minutes. For real. I would say not more than 20 minutes of actual use. Maybe not even that. Battery or me ? this is a deal breaker for me. I like the phone. I can even tolerate android but battery is paramount for my use habits. My trusty z3o was/is way better on battery life.

Yea, I am reading these post and it seems the Priv is hit or miss with battery life. My Z30 easily goes 2 day on a single charge.
    11-18-15 07:43 PM
    I would check to see what's using the most and try to eliminate the culprit. See what apps are running in the background and shut off what you don't need or use just make sure you don't shut down any android processes.

Posted via CB10
    Just amazing how much time folks have to spend to figure out what is going on with there phone instead of being able to use and enjoy the product. Totally unacceptable to spend that much money to deal with battery and overheating issues. The Priv is a Pseudo Flagship. I know a young lady with a Samsung S6 Edge. Similar to the Priv with bright curve screen and has the same problems. She has her phone plugged in constantly. S6 been out longer and she stated the battery and heat issues has yet to be addressed with an update. People are enamored with the aesthetics of Priv (Sleek and good looking) but it has problems. Give me a bland phone that functions.
    Last edited by Bay 13; 11-18-15 at 08:04 PM.
    11-18-15 07:47 PM
    New title: Battery lasting 24 hours with mixed use.

Not much video...no games...but the phone has not been turned off. I have all BlackBerry apps running including hub and google sync. Have not tinkered with any "battery drain" features either. I did update all of the BlackBerry apps after the setup and content transfer...hope that helps.

Battery stats from last charge:
    approx 1 day 2 hours left
    Screen 13% (2hrs 5 min 40 sec)
    Phone idle 4% (14 hrs 23 min 9 sec)

I will post a screen shot just prior to my battery dying to see the amount of screen time.
    My battery was 68% after a typical day. My Note 5 would normally be at 25% battery during the same period and usage.

11-18-15 08:08 PM
    Just amazing how much time folks have to spend to figure out what is going on with there phone instead of being able to use and enjoy the product. Totally unacceptable to spend that much money to deal with battery and overheating issues. The Priv is a Pseudo Flagship. I know a young lady with a Samsung S6 Edge. Similar to the Priv with bright curve screen and has the same problems. She has her phone plugged in constantly. S6 been out longer and she stated the battery and heat issues has yet to be addressed with an update. People are enamored with the aesthetics of Priv (Sleek and good looking) but it has problems. Give me a bland phone that functions.
    Just did a search for "battery" in the Passport forums.

http://forums.crackberry.com/search....chid=135796103

You get this with any release. Go to any flight simulator forum and 10 years later fs9ers are still complaining about fsx, when fsx is clearly the best flight sim that has ever been released. Some people just don't like change...simple as that.
    11-18-15 08:12 PM
67 123